ElSuave

Disciples of the Void - New Clan Pack

1 minute ago, Hellvlad said:

So basically,  we can safely assume now that each clan will have their own pack, which means that the deluxe expansions will most certainly be new factions.

And rumors from the 4 chan, that predicted this pack and stronghold, also said that Mantis was next deluxe, shadowlands the one after.

Now the question I have is that if Delux are supposed to be ever green, and the cycles rotate in however many years, what do these do?

30 minutes ago, squirrelfox said:

No, releasing a deluxe pack for each clan at the same time that had only that faction's cards would have been much, much better. This is more profitable though.

You mean that having to buy 7 deluxe boxes at the same time would have been better? My wallet begs to differ...

Edited by Tabris2k

So I guess the Kaito is a Vassal family of the Isawa. Vassal families were a thing in the RPG, much less so in the CCG. Essentially, they were an "internal clan affair". For an outsider Kosori would be just Isawa Kosori, but for a Phoenix she would be Kaito Kosori, of the Isawa family, the Kaito being a sub-family with a very specific role in the Clan (defending a holy site, for instance). The Horiuchi, for instance, born from a typo, would have made more sense being vassals of the Iuchi, but they were born very early in the developement of Rokugan, and the concept of vassal families hadn't even been conceived.

I don't think the Kaito were mentioned in the old lore, here is a fairly comprehensive list:

http://l5r.wikia.com/wiki/Vassal_family

Just now, TheItsyBitsySpider said:

And rumors from the 4 chan, that predicted this pack and stronghold, also said that Mantis was next deluxe, shadowlands the one after.

Now the question I have is that if Delux are supposed to be ever green, and the cycles rotate in however many years, what do these do?

If these would bring the card pool of core + clan pack to the amount of cards from deluxe for a new faction, I guess it would be fair to assume they won't rotate. Or rotate separately from the dynasty packs

New Stronghold will be broken in the game with zero graveyard hate. Hope they will print some answer or the situation might be dire.

edit: I guess spell card pool is kinda limited so it might not be so bad

Edited by BordOne

2 minutes ago, TheItsyBitsySpider said:

Those 4Chan rumours were mostly bull- people at Worlds were aware that Phoenix were getting the first pack and this SH because there was a pdf doing the rounds. All the Mantis and Shadowlands stuff was just made up.

4 minutes ago, Evilgm said:

Those 4Chan rumours were mostly bull- people at Worlds were aware that Phoenix were getting the first pack and this SH because there was a pdf doing the rounds. All the Mantis and Shadowlands stuff was just made up.

You know that for a fact? The pdf thing I mean.

LoL ok. I asked because that would explain quite a lot (people were giving credit to the Deluxe box thing as if someone who was in the know spoke about it) but that's the first time I've read about it, plus the other rumors about Mantis/Shadowlands seemed totally off to me.

20 minutes ago, Evilgm said:

You mean the pdf's that were leaked on 4chan a week before worlds? Because that was where most of these spoilers came from.

I'm excited for the new role card.  It will be great to have a choice between 2 options for keeper of water...  but do you think the Phoenix expansion is going to give Keeper of Water alt role?  How do you think the new roles will fit with the rest?

1 minute ago, TheItsyBitsySpider said:

You mean the pdf's that were leaked on 4chan a week before worlds? Because that was where most of these spoilers came from.

The person who posted the pdf of the Provinces and the person who posted the rumours about the Mantis and Shadowlands were different people. 

38 minutes ago, twinstarbmc said:

Really??? The Core Set, sure, but I didn't know they were going to do that with the Deluxe boxes though...

... but then again, if they ARE new factions, then that would make sense. 

deluxe boxes for all other LCGs are evergreen. Doesn't mean a few cards won't get bumped like they did for Netrunner's revised core, though.

1 hour ago, Necrogoat said:

Because the faction based thing is absolute trash. you can see it very good AGoT 

People keep saying this, but the faction Deluxes have not been a problem in Thrones. All the factions without deluxes have had their time to shine. Lannister won 2016 worlds without a deluxe. Targaryen won 2017. Greyjoy and Martell have been strong without Deluxes.  

All the Deluxes did was expand deck options, they didn't make one faction stronger than another.

1 hour ago, Necrogoat said:

I'm pretty shure they do it like the deluxe boxes. so 1 at every end of a cycle. 1 cycle is normal about 6 months (1 Pack/Month), so with 7 clans you have 3,5 years

They no longer base it on cycle. They release Deluxes whenever they feel like it, independent of cycles. 

I would really prefer seeing deluxes dedicated to something else than just the current clans. New factions, campaigns like terminal directive for Netrunner, why not a coop version with a "monster" deck to beat together. L5R has so much to offer as an IP that is so focused on the storyline.

Why we’re talking about deluxes and rumors while we could talking about how awesome are the new cards?!

Like, for example, how a Supernatural Storm-Shiba Tetsu-Kyuden Isawa with the same Supernatural Storm-Shiba Tetsu again combo can wreak havoc in one conflict for 0 Fate?

And that new Scorpion Shugenja? Man, those 2 influence are already reserved for her in my Phoenix deck...

Edited by Tabris2k

4 minutes ago, Tabris2k said:

Like, for example, how a Supernatural Storm-Shiba Tetsu-Kyuden Isawa with the same Supernatural Storm-Shiba Tetsu again combo can wreak havoc in one conflict for 0 Fate?

0 Fate? You still need to pay for the spell you play out of the discard.