ElSuave

Disciples of the Void - New Clan Pack

5 minutes ago, Hordeoverseer said:

I notice the gap between the keywords and flavour test on the tensai. A keyword seems likely.

I assume you mean "traits" instead of "keywords" (though you likely expect a keyword in the gap).

The tensai most likely has a keyword. Some people have argued that keywords are usually followed up with a lengthy definition in parenthesis but newer cards like Origami Master and Kitsuki Yaruma have both ditched the parenthesis explanations and just used the one word keyword.

5 minutes ago, Tomello said:

I don't know, it seems like dueling is a bully mechanic.  I don't know how they add to it without making that worse.

In fairness that is normally how Crane use dueling, send one guy to stop the army by declaring a duel with the conditions if I win you stand down, if I loose we retreat cause we can't win this fight anyway.

1 hour ago, ElSuave said:

ah okay. I just have basic spanish. I always called rings as "gold" in spanish so the word anillos isn't even in my mind lol.

Gold means Oro. Like the metal. Never heard of calling rings like that. From now on, call them “Anillos”

#themoreyouknow

On 18.12.2017 at 6:34 PM, Khudzlin said:

I agree with other Clan Packs having similar roles. As for how to use it, I hope they plan to make the role selection free for each player (as it should have been all along, imo).

Most likely you have to follow your keeper Seeker role and this gives you alternative benefits to normal keeper, Seeker role.

15 hours ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

Totally random, but how crazy would it be if one of the spells is a holding?

There were a number of fortress style spells in the old RPG, so it could work.  Fortress of Earth, maybe?

I would also like to see conflict character spells, either djinn or the various "Rise," spells.

Relating to the new Role Card.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:48 PM, Duciris said:

Apparently I can't even read English.  I was taking it as augment your influence by +8 (i.e. 10+8=18).

I think it has to be in addition.  Taken by itself, it's objectively worse than either the Seeker or Keeper roles.  Keeper is 13 influence in any 1 faction, with a reaction when you win defending on a challenge of your element.  Seeker is 10 influence, and a better province pool, plus a reaction pertaining to the reveal of your element's provinces.  This is 8 influence and you are limited to Phoenix.

Furthermore, players are already complaining that they cannot play both Seeker- and Keeper-only cards in the same deck.  This wouldn't allow a player to field either.

Unless I'm missing more on this card by not speaking a useful second language.

Alright L5R Community, you have 1 job here: when I'm wrong, you correct me!  I rely on yous guys to take my ego down a peg or two on the regular.

Seeker & Keeper roles don't give you 10 or 13 influence, they give you 0 or 3.  I keep forgetting that normal influence is from your Stronghold.

I still think that this card will be in addition to your role and not a replacement, although that reasoning is a lot shakier now.  It is conceivable that 8 influence is meant to offset your lack of other deck-building options and the denial of Keeper/Seeker Only cards.

If it is the latter, I hope fringe role cards cannot be chosen at Winter Kotei.  It would be miserable (and the perfect troll maneuver) to trap a clan with only 1 splash option, unless you opt to not use a role card which is allowed in Tournaments.  I am also not seeing how you can play these cards at grand tournaments.

Regardless of how the card functions, either as a bonus or replacement to your role card, I think it's a really neat facet to explore in the game.

Unless there are separate rules printed we still follow the Role Cards rules in the RRG:

A role card is placed alongside a player’s stronghold, and provides specialized abilities and limitations for that player’s deck. A player may use a single role card in conjunction with his or her stronghold while assembling a deck.

Just now, ElSuave said:

Unless there are separate rules printed we still follow the Role Cards rules in the RRG:

I think that will still be the case, but each clan will have two options for tournaments.  Either Keeper/Seeker or Support of Clan.

I'm thinking how the Support of Clan roles will work at champs? You can choose Support of any clan or like seekers and keepers each clan will have just one option?

It will be kind of weird Lion having Support of Crane or Unicorn right now, would be thematic if you are free to choose but have restrictions accordingly with the fiction timeline..

Still got the impression the first champion decision in story (Tsuko - Kwanan episode) was too insignificant, and disappointed that the champions of Koteis didn't get anything for their clans, the role choices in worlds are cool but still missing more interaction between game and lore.

I both like the idea of Clan packs and also that they are putting counters for the other Clans against the new stuff in the same pack. It lets them tailor the packs better while the counters guard against balance being thrown way off. 

1 minute ago, L5RBr said:

I'm thinking how the Support of Clan roles will work at champs? You can choose Support of any clan or like seekers and keepers each clan will have just one option?

I think world champs you will pick keeper/seeker and at winter court you will pick support of roles.  You will only be able to play one at a time, but have two options.

Just now, Joelist said:

I both like the idea of Clan packs and also that they are putting counters for the other Clans against the new stuff in the same pack. It lets them tailor the packs better while the counters guard against balance being thrown way off. 

I am OK with baked in counters in each pack, but so far the Scorpion shugenja is ONLY useful against Phoenix.  I think they will ultimately end up as binder cards for more universal options, or in a support of phoenix deck maybe?

I know they were referencing that clans would ultimately get a second role option.  On the OP page for Koteis: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/l5r-lcg/kotei/

Elemental Points will determine which additional elemental role a clan gains access to for use at two important events: the Winter Court World Championship, and an in-store event leading up to it. Each Kotei participant has the privilege of casting a vote for which additional role their clan should pursue, which will affect the Elemental Points earned by each clan at the end of the Toshi Ranbo Season.

I'm wondering if these will be in the runnings as well.

11 minutes ago, Tomello said:

I think world champs you will pick keeper/seeker and at winter court you will pick support of roles.  You will only be able to play one at a time, but have two options.

I hope this isn't the case as that could a) lead to a story mess with nonsensical interactions (Lion are supporting Crane who are for some reason supporting Scorpion despite them all being at war with each other) or b) an unnecessary deck building restriction even more onerous than the Keeper/Seeker restriction.  

I'm much more inclined to expect we'll see it as you will have the option of using any of the support clan X roles if you want, and if you place highly enough may reflect in the story with the splash clan assisting or playing a prominent role in the result that the story prize generates. 

2 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

I'm much more inclined to expect we'll see it as you will have the option of using any of the support clan X roles if you want, and if you place highly enough may reflect in the story with the splash clan assisting or playing a prominent role in the result that the story prize generates. 

That would be neat to me.