ElSuave

Disciples of the Void - New Clan Pack

Wow, they didn't waste any time announcing that. Really interesting to see that this isn't a deluxe box, and is also priced accordingly. No idea on release date yet?

Also holy crud, Fushichō is something else. Arguably the best Charge! target  there is. 

I'm guessing no earlier than late January, but before the end of Feburary...the Kotei page has Meditations on the Ephemeral as being the most recent pack for the Kotei in Ireland in late Jan, but TBA for the next Kotei in early March.

24 minutes ago, Barbacuo said:

Clan packs sound great, but including other clan cards is a missed opportunity.

Disciples of the Void features characters for the six other clans, many of which directly counter the powerful Phoenix strategies found in the Clan Pack.

1 minute ago, Necrogoat said:

Well done FFG, you absolutely learned nothing. The same **** as the house boxes in AGoT. So only 3 or 4 years 'till all factions get their pack.

Very good job again.... NOT

That's assuming they aren't going to put these Clan Packs out, say, 2 a month or something? Even at one a month, that's still all 7 clans in half a year, not 3-4.

24 minutes ago, cforfar said:

At least there will be something for everyone in all packs. 

I was expecting natural cards as the "for the other Great Clans."  This otherwise looks like half of a Netrunner deluxe box.

Wonder if they'll be "evergreen" like (I believe) the Netrunner deluxe boxes are.

Also, who cares about the scariest fire monster since Tolkien, what's this unique Role card and will they be able to run it regardless of Winter Court decisions?

Edited by Duciris

4 minutes ago, twinstarbmc said:

That's assuming they aren't going to put these Clan Packs out, say, 2 a month or something? Even at one a month, that's still all 7 clans in half a year, not 3-4.

I'm pretty shure they do it like the deluxe boxes. so 1 at every end of a cycle. 1 cycle is normal about 6 months (1 Pack/Month), so with 7 clans you have 3,5 years

Didn't have to wait long for the crying over faction based releases to start.

More interesting is Fushicho. Is it a Dynasty character or Conflict character? And what's board status of leaving play; in play or out of play? I know what the interrupt rule says, but I also know what the card says. I think this is an interrupt instead of a reaction to avoid an endless fiery bird recursion cycle, but it probably needs some clarification.

7 minutes ago, twinstarbmc said:

So that's still half a year where one or two unlucky clans will be significantly down in the card pool. At the most optimistic. 

3 minutes ago, qwertyuiop said:

Didn't have to wait long for the crying over faction based releases to start.

More interesting is Fushicho. Is it a Dynasty character or Conflict character? And what's board status of leaving play; in play or out of play? I know what the interrupt rule says, but I also know what the card says. I think this is an interrupt instead of a reaction to avoid an endless fiery bird recursion cycle, but it probably needs some clarification.

It has a D for Dynasty on the bottom right. So yes you can use Charge to bring it in for 1 fate.

Also I don't think it needs further clarification. Using the word Interrupt is all it needs.

35 minutes ago, InquisitorM said:

Missed opportunity?

Not having cards from other clans would have been a missed opportunity because you might not have to buy it!

No, releasing a deluxe pack for each clan at the same time that had only that faction's cards would have been much, much better. This is more profitable though.

Edited by squirrelfox

4 minutes ago, squirrelfox said:

So that's still half a year where one or two unlucky clans will be significantly down in the card pool. At the most optimistic. 

Here's hoping that it's Unicorn that's last.  Just for the Schadenfreude of it all.  One of the 3 in my group latched onto Unicorn before it came out, and the (largely justified) complaints online are music to my ear.

15 minutes ago, Duciris said:

Also, who cares about the scariest fire monster since Tolkien, what's this unique Role card and will they be able to run it regardless of Winter Court decisions?

It could also be a keeper/seeker role with a different effect seeing how they went through such a huge effort to make keeper and seeker matter. 

Of course, the Phoenix aren’t the only Great Clan who field Shugenja. Disciples of the Void features characters for the six other clans, many of which directly counter the powerful Phoenix strategies found in the Clan Pack.

This, at least, means each clan will be getting more than an event or something out of it.

Also, I searched around, but is that spiel about the Kaito family new lore?