Scapino

One shot adventure idea - Any Port in the Storm

So I've been GMing a few sessions now and I think I'm getting the hang of it. We've gone through the beginner game (both the basic and the Long Arm of the Hutt expansion) and we're almost through the Beyond the Rim prepubbed adventure. My intention is to move on to The Jewel of Yavin adventure, but rather than just send my players from Raxus Prime to Bespin, I thought I'd give them something to do on the way. So I threw together an adventure for them.

Small problem: I've never done this sort of thing before, so I'm hoping some of you with more experience might take a peek at things and tell me if I missed anything or if I botched something.

A few words up front:

* Our game is set between Episodes IV and V, but I decided to nail down the time frame a bit better.
* X-7D7 is a character I made up and I may decide to explore his backstory more at a later date.

Here's the pdf of my notes.

Thanks!

a. You correctly spelled “Wookiee” For that alone, I rate this 10/10.

b. Unless you’re writing notes for other people, all this detail isn’t really necessary. Figure out the general idea, plan what will happen, and figure out the rest as you go. It’s not like these notes will hurt your game, it’s just that it takes up your free time unnecessarily.

You should ask yourself the question, why would the rebels let the player group search for a new main base? I mean.. it's their main base. The empire would pay a ton of credits for such an information. Even if the player group is actually part of the rebellion, they will get te location of their new base from a smuggler. That would be much too risky for the rebels to rely on.

12 hours ago, MasterZelgadis said:

You should ask yourself the question, why would the rebels let the player group search for a new main base? I mean.. it's their main base. The empire would pay a ton of credits for such an information. Even if the player group is actually part of the rebellion, they will get te location of their new base from a smuggler. That would be much too risky for the rebels to rely on.

And that's a valid question. My answer would be this (and maybe I didn't make it clear in my notes):

The Rebels aren't just using our player group to look for a base. There would be dozens of cells looking throughout the galaxy for the location of a new main base. Theoretically, none of them would know if their location was ultimately chosen or not. The bit with General Dodonna at the end of my adventure is mostly just for a meta nod to the players who would be "in the know" about it.

As for the smuggler, one of the things I would stress for the players would be that they keep their reason for wanting the base to themselves. If they violate that, maybe it would create some complications for them down the road that they'd need to deal with.