Sign in to follow this  
Funk Fu master

Opinons - 40K IG Convertability

So by the looks of it, Rebel troopers will be coming as 7 models with 2-3 bits per model. Not much scope for variation within the kit.

What are peoples thoughts on compatibility with Games Workshops range... the Imperial Guard (or Astra MilleniumFalcon or whatever its called) has a broad range of themes that could help tailor a rebel army to something other than what is provided in the box. Theres cold weather, jungle, rebreather masked, armoured and dress uniforms aplenty

Obviously, heads, weapons and hands are going to be an issue with GWs cartoonish overscaling, but bodies and bits could prove useful

I would probably go with one of the alt-40k companies like Puppet’s war or Anvil Industries if I were going to use them for rebel troops. They’re usually cheaper & people won’t immediately see GW whenever you put your army down.

probably not worth it, but as @gaerithe mentioned, once we have models out it wont take long at all for the 3rd party mod scene to offer aleternatives

Heck just look at all the terrain startups there are already, and they're mostly guessing at scale.....

8 hours ago, Ralgon said:

probably not worth it, but as @gaerithe mentioned, once we have models out it wont take long at all for the 3rd party mod scene to offer aleternatives

Heck just look at all the terrain startups there are already, and they're mostly guessing at scale.....

This is what I'm hoping for! "Alien heads compatible with Star Wars Legion tm"

6 hours ago, Lukez said:

This is what I'm hoping for! "Alien heads compatible with Star Wars Legion tm"

If i were to be looking, i would look for companies that already supplement x-wing and armada.........

On 2017-12-15 at 4:15 AM, devin.pike.1989 said:

I don't want to get peanut butter in my chocolate.   It could be done but I have seen a lot of IG conversions to look like other things and I always just see...  IG.

I see what you mean...But peanuts and chocolate is the best thing ever! :lol:

On 12/14/2017 at 9:40 PM, Funk Fu master said:

the Imperial Guard (or Astra MilleniumFalcon or whatever its called) 

I lol'd harder than that quip warrented. :D

I'll try it if you will Funk. Does Forge world still do print wishbo.. uh, catalogs?