Sign in to follow this  
thegrognard

Supplements?

1 hour ago, DarthGM said:

Nope, you're not. There have been heavy inferences to a Runebound and an Android setting book in the works, but they're not on the calendar yet.

Sam sort of said as much on the RPG Brewery podcast the other day, without actually saying it. ;)

Same he did with the question for a pdf, which he answered by pointing at all other non SW books, et voila, two days later we now have the pdf exactly two weeks like many predicted :D 

I would like a setting agnostic book for Equipment and Vehicles. A single Genesys book that complies all the build it yourself stuff from the Star Wars books into one volume. They could put little notes in specifying what uses of Advantage and Triumph are setting specific. Also the full Attachment/Modification rules from Star Wars would be nice.

My players have never played in a FFG Star Wars game and it would be pretty crappy of me to tell them they need to read these books from another game to know how to create their own gear.

Edited by Horiuchi Nobata

3 hours ago, Horiuchi Nobata said:

I would like a setting agnostic book for Equipment and Vehicles. A single Genesys book that complies all the build it yourself stuff from the Star Wars books into one volume. They could put little notes in specifying what uses of Advantage and Triumph are setting specific. Also the full Attachment/Modification rules from Star Wars would be nice.

My players have never played in a FFG Star Wars game and it would be pretty crappy of me to tell them they need to read these books from another game to know how to create their own gear.

Great idea. It should include creation related talents as well.

And a Magic/Powers splat book comes to my mind as well (including talents of course).

10 hours ago, Horiuchi Nobata said:

I wouldn't expect them to have a One Book Source that gives you all of the weapons or all of the archtypes or all of the talents simply bc we haven't seen that with Star Wars.  Sometimes there is a little overlap of species in those books from EOTE to AOR to FAD.

10 hours ago, Horiuchi Nobata said:

And you're not wrong for feeling that way!  Just understand that all of the books they have out now has taken them awhile to come out.  I think EOTE came out 4-5 years ago.  So you might be waiting a few years before you see what exactly it is that you want to see.  Where as the Star Wars books are getting pretty close to covering all of the careers and have years worth of weapons, talents, examples of how to use skills in unique ways, species to reference on how to keep your archtypes balanced, etc.

12 hours ago, lordannoyed said:

Examples of how to use skills in unique ways.

I'd love to see a fan compiled list of those ways, it would be great for introducing new players to the Narrative Dice system, as would be expanded tables of Advantage/Threat etc. 

8 hours ago, Cyvaris said:

I'd love to see a fan compiled list of those ways, it would be great for introducing new players to the Narrative Dice system, as would be expanded tables of Advantage/Threat etc. 

Are you  familiar with Fiddleback‘s Skill Monkey series? If not, check them out. 

http://www.madadventurers.com/category/field-recordings/skill-monkey/