Sign in to follow this  
Forresto

Battlefront II Just Nerfed Raiders...

1 hour ago, Derpzilla88 said:

Given that the Corvus was the headquarters of a special ops team that specialized in getting in, doing the job quick, and getting out, I wouldn't be surprised if Corvus was a modified Raider that had it's missile-carrying capabilities were removed in favor of other systems more useful to Inferno Squads missions (maybe even removed to make more room for that hangar).

Keep in mind that the Corvus had been further modified when Inferno Squad defected to the New Republic.

Or....the Corvus itself did not have any missile munitions on board.

Hard to bluff someone into thinking you are gonna do something, if nothing equivalent could do it.

Think of a person holding a toy gun in their pocket and pointing it at you, threatening to shoot you if you don't hand over your wallet. Effect, because you could have a gun, the image is there.

Now think the same thing, only instead of holding the toy gun in your pocket, you make a 'gun shape' with your fingers and point them at someone and threaten to shoot if they don't give you their wallet. I'm betting they'll give you something, but it won't be a wallet.

Again, the threat only works if it's possible and expected, not "never been before, why would it be now?"

On 12/13/2017 at 4:44 PM, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

I smell a Raider Veterans pack coming down the line. 

If they plan to ever add Resistance and First Order to the game I'd hope they keep it back for the moment if only to have one more ship to be released for the Resistance use, since well these factions need more stuff to flesh their fleets out with, especially the First Order. 

The fact that the Raider made its crossover debut in (EA's) Battlefront 2 is a nerf in itself.

Now that ship will be associated with the worst of the videogame industry to the point where hatred for EA will splash onto the "Baby Star Destroyer" as a stupid design.

Thanks EA and go FCC yourself.:angry:

Edited by Marinealver

On December 18, 2017 at 4:54 PM, Marinealver said:

The fact that the Raider made its crossover review in (EA's) Battlefront 2 is a nerf in itself.

Now that ship will be associated with the worst of the videogame industry to the point where hatred for EA will splash onto the "Baby Star Destroyer" as a stupid design.

Thanks EA and go FCC yourself.:angry:

I don't think so. The ship looks good in game. The one part of the game people unanimously love and compliment are the visuals. 

On 12/13/2017 at 3:28 PM, Forresto said:

Mild spoiler for the new DLC for Battlefront II....

According to Iden Versio the Corvus never had missiles implying Imperial Raiders aren't typically equipped with missiles. 

So I better not see any Imperial Raiders using black dice. It ain't canon :P

According to the book before the game, in Chapter 6 when they get the Corvus: "Armed with ion cannons, dual heavy laser cannons, concussion missiles and turbolasers 

Why she said that is beyond understand...since its clear that no lore-master was keeping an eye on things again

Not to mention we really didn't see it using its weapons much in the game (unless you were watching it more than playing the game)

On 12/14/2017 at 9:09 PM, Truthiness said:

This. It's amazing how little attention we give the Raider II. That should change...

I know I've said this before, but I've had some success with Raider-IIs using Disposable Capacitors and Gunnery Teams. It becomes something of an aggro spray-and-pray super-Arquitens with a shorter life expectancy (for a fairly reasonable 58 points), although I feel like it's lacking an appropriate ion cannon upgrade to make the whole package come together as something that would be useful in a top-tier fleet. Over time I'm sure that will eventually change.

On a side note, I wish they'd made the Raider-II's anti-ship batteries entirely blue dice, so it would be like a roided-out CR90B with a chip on its shoulder. The main issue with using it is you only really get mileage out of its cost (compared to a CR90B) at close range so you can add its black dice, at which point why didn't you just bring a Raider-I?

Edited by Snipafist
clarification