brettpkelly

East coast regionals battle report

Great report and congrats on the win! Glad to see you’ve come to the light side ? 

I have to admit, when I scanned your command cards, I couldn’t understand what you were doing with Change of Plans in there. Great catch that it still works with Han and Luke (I just had him as 10 in my head and completely missed that). 

My first thought after HotE was that I wanted to run Luke and Han (after I played enough with the rest of the new shinies). Glad to see this list do well!

I’m interested to see if this meta diversity holds come Worlds or not. I know some will revert back to Scum Hunters (which I have no problem with), but I really hope we continue to see all three factions in force and with varied lists among them.

-ryanjamal 

1 minute ago, wannabepudge said:

I'm curious to your thoughts on Celebration. Is it a must have? Its fallen out of favor for me as of late given how many great CCs there are and I'm always having to drop cards I really really  want.

It's really good, but it's not a must have. It's stronger on lists that have trouble scoring points or are good at denying points. I wasn't running it in my Merc Hunter list because I could pretty easily get to 40 points through kills and objectives. That said, it will fit into any CC deck and I wouldn't judge anyone for taking it every time.

3 minutes ago, wannabepudge said:

I'm curious to your thoughts on Celebration. Is it a must have? Its fallen out of favor for me as of late given how many great CCs there are and I'm always having to drop cards I really really  want.

I've had the same dilemma.

-ryanjamal

27 minutes ago, ryanjamal said:

Agreed!  An embarrassment of riches in command card options these days :-)

-ryanjamal

Argh! Tell me about it. I get so annoyed when I want to squeeze one last card in and can't! Then it makes me so happy realizing that this game has so many great options. Celebration could be a good one considering people are running Vader, Han, etc. Ya they'll both be hard to kill, but they're also not figures that you want sticking around. That extra 4 points could help make up for the lack of points you'll be getting while you're chasing these hulks.

I could see Celebration going both ways. There are a lot of lists with at least 1/2 uniques (basically every Hunter/Rebel list), but I think we could see some Imperial non-unique lists (for example, sentries, jets, riots, atdps, officers- any combination of those can be just fine competitively w/o palp or Vades). My local scene loves celebration, but I stopped playing it once I got into vassal cuz no one uses it there and going to 40 points every time plays so differently from going for most points in an hour (where spike points is so critical). I like it better in Imperial lists where I can chuck it with Zillo if need be, but I figure that's just personal preference and what kind of risks we personally like to take as players.

19 minutes ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

I could see Celebration going both ways. There are a lot of lists with at least 1/2 uniques (basically every Hunter/Rebel list), but I think we could see some Imperial non-unique lists (for example, sentries, jets, riots, atdps, officers- any combination of those can be just fine competitively w/o palp or Vades). My local scene loves celebration, but I stopped playing it once I got into vassal cuz no one uses it there and going to 40 points every time plays so differently from going for most points in an hour (where spike points is so critical). I like it better in Imperial lists where I can chuck it with Zillo if need be, but I figure that's just personal preference and what kind of risks we personally like to take as players.

My first opponent only had 1 unique figure. It's definitely possible to get into situations where celebration is deadweight, like if you were to kill Palpatine before you draw the card. Definitely agree with your assessment of celebration on Vassal.

Edited by brettpkelly

34 minutes ago, brettpkelly said:

My first opponent only had 1 unique figure. It's definitely possible to get into situations where celebration is deadweight, like if you were to kill Palpatine before you draw the card. Definitely agree with your assessment of celebration on Vassal.

The like the idea of it being in a Zillo list. 

Edited by NeverBetTheFett

Why not consider taking Heart of Freedom and Han's Card in this list?

HoF seems good for removing harmful conditions on your big guys.

And Han's card for obvious reasons

Edited by Hacendator

On 12/25/2017 at 6:17 PM, Hacendator said:

Why not consider taking Heart of Freedom and Han's Card in this list?

HoF seems good for removing harmful conditions on your big guys.

And Han's card for obvious reasons

If the meta starts to swing towards stun lists I'd definitely consider HoF. Wasn't expecting to see many Jyns at this regional, but going forward there will probably be more. Han's card is good too, I just couldn't make it fit.