Cremate

Dutch Nationals 2017

I had the pleasure of hosting the first Dutch Nationals this past weekend and knowing that there's an appetite for more results to be made available, I thought I would share the results here. I've omitted the command card decks, being tools of the trade, and will leave it up to the participants to add them here if they want to share them.

A warm thank you to the players, who braved the snow - a rare event in the Netherlands - to be there and to make it a sterling experience to marshal.

Structure: 4 rounds of Swiss + Top 8

Participants: 13 (of five Nationalities!)

Fun fact: Sebastian Bialek, who took home the trophy, is also currently holder of the German National Championship title and I wonder if there are anyone else who are, or have been, sitting on two different Nationals titles at the same time?

Champion (#1)

2x eWeequay Pirate

Greedo

C-3PO

Gideon

Onar

Vinto

Ugnaught Tinkerer

Black Market

Temporary Alliance

Devious Scheme

Runner-Up (#7)

Darth Vader + Driven by Hatred

Emperor Palpatine

eJet Trooper

Riot Trooper

2x Imperial Officer

Zillo Technique

Rule by Fear

Unshakable

Top 4 (#4)

IG-88 + Focused on the Kill

2x eWeequay Pirate

Hired Gun

C-3PO

Gideon

Ugnaught Tinkerer

Temporary Alliance

Devious Scheme

Top 4 (#6)

Han Solo + Rogue Smuggler

eAlliance Ranger

Drokkatta

Hera

Gideon

C-3PO

Top 8 (#2)

eWeequay Pirate

Onar

eJawa

Hera

Gideon

C-3PO

Temporary Alliance

Black Market

Devious Scheme

Top 8 (#3)

eAlliance Ranger

Ko-Tun

Hera

Gideon

Alliance Smuggler

C-3PO

Top 8 (#5)

eWeequay Pirate

Onar

eClawdite Shapeshifter

Jawa

Gideon

C-3PO

Devious Scheme

Temporary Alliance

Top 8 (#8)

Emperor Palpatine

BT-1

The Grand Inquisitor

Imperial Officer

Vinto

eClawdite Shapshifter

Motivation

Zillo Technique

Temporary Alliance

Targeting Computer

Jabba the Hutt

eWeequay Pirate

eJawa

eUgnaught

C-3PO

C1-10P

BT-1

Vinto

Black Market

Indentured Jester

Devious Scheme

eAlliance Ranger

Ahsika Tano

Hera

Gideon

C3-PO

On A Diplomatic Mission

Emperor Palpatine

The Grand Inquisitor

Maul

Temporary Alliance

Motivation

Zillo Technique

Agent Blaise

Sentry Droid

BT-1

Stormtrooper

Cross-Training

Trusted Ally

Survivalist

eWeequay

eClawdite Shapeshifter

Maul

Vinto

Greedo

Jawa

2x Nexu

Beast Tamer

Edited by Cremate

@Cremate thanks again for hosting a great event! Had a lot of fun!

Started 6 scum, 4 empire and 3 rebels.

Top 8 was 4 scum, 2 empire, 2 rebels. That is pretty reasonable divided I would say. I hope players will keep trying different factions and lists. Makes this game even more fun!

I really wanted to try out this Vader Palpatine list of runner-up and did not have time anymore to test Esentry lists. So next stop will be E-Sentries.

Edited by Cloud 123

16 hours ago, Cremate said:

Top 4 (#4)

2x eWeequay Pirate

Hired Gun

C-3PO

Gideon

Ugnaught Tinkerer

Temporary Alliance

Devious Scheme

That was me. Same result as in germany. Lost semifinals against Seb.

Actually, it was a great event! So thanks for hosting. But I hope, next time you will compete!

41 minutes ago, Collins said:

how did list 3 get devious scheme in with a rebel list? has there been an oversight made on that one?

Pretty sure Devious Scheme was meant to be up a line in list #2. Otherwise list #2 went with 39 points...

I was thrilled to see the Empire back and able to compete, no doubt because of the release of Heart of the Empire, and while a couple of lists were clearly takes on the same archetype, I was pleasantly surprised to not see any duplicate lists.

2 hours ago, DerBaer said:

So thanks for hosting. But I hope, next time you will compete!

You're welcome. Someone had to host it, so I sat this one out, instead travelling to Copenhagen in October to get my own Nationals kick at the Nordics.

I was #3 and i can confirm i didnt cheat and have 41pts and an illegal card (though devious scheme would have been quite nice for the 2 nal hutta games!) 

Cheers again to my opponents for the games, and to jeppe for running the event, hopefully it was rnough interest for the store to consider it again in the future, though i can only imagine they made a loss on the kit cost.

It was a great tournament! Thanks to Jeppe and my very nice and skilled opponents!

I played a lot of different things from HotE since the release date, but it was more like just try some new stuff, play one or two games with it and then try something else. Therefore I wasn't really confident takeing something of that to a tournament with 4+ games on an early Sunday morning.

So I went back to some Merc-Hunter list. Two things I want when building the list:

- No IG: I played around 20+ games before German Nationals (no Jabba allowed at this time) with different IG lists. Also all 7 games during the Nationals were against other IGs. So I was just sick of this Killer-Droid. Although up to now I still think he is the best or at least the most versatile Unique-Figure for 10+ points.

- My main idea was to include as many activation that can deal serious damage to my opponent. That was one of the main reasons why I didn't include Hera, although I really like her two abilities.

You can find the full list (including command cards) over here: http://www.tabletopadmiral.com/imperialassault/3629373733795064683e05000000008f959e359c921c770a3f1f72a42b9d

Weequays, Onar and Vinto as damage dealer, 3PO and Gideon as support and Greedo and the Ugnaught to control objectives and terminals. Pretty simple, but hunters still work.

Although this list doesn't need anything from the last two waves, I feel the game is on the right way and is quite balanced at the moment. I had two very close games in the first two swiss rounds against the Imperial runner up and Top-4 Han-Rangers-Drokkata, which could also end as two losses for me. Also 2 games against IG were I was lucky he didn't get his blaze of glory.

Unfortunately the final went into my direction very fast, caused by the mission (Raining Freight) and the dice were in my favor.

19 hours ago, Cremate said:

... I wonder if there are anyone else who are, or have been, sitting on two different Nationals titles at the same time?

When I placed the second trophy in the living room the look on my girlfriend's face was like "This is getting out of hand! Now, there are two of them!" so maybe not the best idea to do this ;)

5 minutes ago, DerSeb said:

When I placed the second trophy in the living room the look on my girlfriend's face was like "This is getting out of hand! Now, there are two of them!" so maybe not the best idea to do this ;)

Ah, yes the toils of us double-National winners - and the tolerance of our significant others. ;)

My Armada trophies have colonised the piano in the living room, which leaves plenty of surface area yet to conquer. Unfortunately I'm in an arms race against my 1-year old who recently acquired climbing-grade skills.

40 minutes ago, DerSeb said:

LOL! That is too funny! My GF ribs me a lot, but when I remind her I could be spending my time or money is worse ways, she agrees. :P

@Cremate. Thanks for sharing by the way. This is awesome! The pool of squads looked pretty diverse to me.

Edited by NeverBetTheFett

I came in 5th in Swiss and lost the quarterfinals. 

It was an excellent tournament with a great vibe. Everyone had a ton of fun I think.

Since rangers don't fit my playstyle (I've tried many times, but somehow have yet to win a game with them) and I couldn't find an imperial list I liked in time, I went with what I knew and liked; IG. I did want to make a change compared to my regular list and decided on the eClaw, hoping that intelligence leak would give me an advantage in the mirror match.

While the eClaw wasn't bad by any means, I sadly only saw Intelligence Leak once, and not during the crucial game (the mirror match quarter final).

I'd have to give credit to both the German lists who brought a single ugnaught and Greedo/hired guns for objective control. That was something my list lacked and was played to excellent effect in the quarterfinals where I had to make something happen or lose due to objective points fast (curse you Nal Hutta!). Even though I had gotten rid of the enemy IG, being forced out of position cost me that game.

Looking forward to rematches during Regionals next year! ;-)

7 minutes ago, Soulflame said:

I came in 5th in Swiss and lost the quarterfinals. 

It was an excellent tournament with a great vibe. Everyone had a ton of fun I think.

I'd have to give credit to both the German lists who brought a single ugnaught and Greedo/hired guns for objective control. That was something my list lacked and was played to excellent effect in the quarterfinals where I had to make something happen or lose due to objective points fast (curse you Nal Hutta!). Even though I had gotten rid of the enemy IG, being forced out of position cost me that game.

Looking forward to rematches during Regionals next year! ;-)

Congrats! And great to hear about the vibe. Love it. We had a great vibe at our last big tournament with 29 players, so I'm looking forward to keeping that going in March. 

Also, that's really cool that it shows that you can play ugnaughts without a swarm! Good on those guys for using them the way they were probably meant to be used. 

So pumped for Michigan Regionals in Feb!

I read this took place in Leiden? :)

We only recently started playing and this is very interesting to read!
Is there any organized IA play in the Netherlands and if so: where?
I imagine with the new movies and the release of the app, the game will become more popular.

Depends on what you are looking for. Skirmish tournaments are played once in a while. I played 4 in the last 6/7 months and have been to all tournaments I knew of. There will be a regionals tournament in The Hague somewhere around the end of February probably. Date to be announced. Feel invited! And take your friends too! There is a facebook group for imperial assault in the Netherlands.

Campaign is mainly played among groups of friends. Nothing organized I think. @Cremate is my source of information for Imperial Assault. He is the Dutch Oracle/Albert. ?