Kieransi

TIEs and ?-Wings: What's left?

Obviously we will get as many ST ships as possible over the next few waves. I really want the RZ-2 A-wing and FO bomber. I think the last movie in the trilogy might give us some new 'advanced' ship designs like how we got the B-wing in RotJ. I also hope we get scum type ships in this trilogy too. There's also a bunch of Rogue One stuff they've not touched yet that I'd like to see. Krennic's shuttle and the TIE Reaper, a new Partisan U-wing and Blue Squadron X-wing, are all on my wishlist, and I think some Heroes of the Rebellion/Empire packs would be great for the end of the Rebels TV show.

As far as EU goes, I think the Chiss Clawcraft might happen. Lots of us want it, and with Thrawn being at the forefront of the last season of Rebels it'd be a good time to release it marketing wise. It is obviously very similar to a defender though, so I guess it will depend on whether FFG want to do that again. I love that D-wing, that would be awesome. I do think the "A-wing with an astro" will more likely be the N1 starfighter though, which is another ship I'm really keen for. Some other PT ships that have now been cited to have been used in the CWE would be cool too, my first pick would be the V-19 Torrent Starfighter.

There's so many ships they can still draw from, and they obviously have no issue with EU ships, so it'll be exciting to see what wave 15 or 16 will bring.

Sharing the T-Wing love! Not precisely sure about what niche to put it in, glancing over my Age of Rebellion rules I'd say right between the Z-95 and the X-Wing. 

As for TiEs, I remember that thread about the TiE Sentinel. For me, this is a ship I'd love to see the new canon tackle somewhere (book? comic?) as the evolution of the idea behind the TiE Aggressor, maybe even as a First Order ship. Apart from that, TiE Reaper all the way. Also, Avenger. Everything else not so much.

I guess it's about time that the sequel era got itself some art designers and gave us a vision where space combat went after RotJ.

I'm fine with A-Wings and X-Wings being around in some form, and would not be aversed to see some T-85s (guess they should be in a similar position as E-Wings). But honestly, there HAS GOT to be something different, and the B/SF is a first glimpse of the right steps. 

Edited by DampfGecko

15 hours ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Merrick- Biggs - random guy from DS2 that blew up and had a moustache = moustache list. We need the other two.

Kier Santage.  Red 7, bearing in mind that Rogue Squadron used the Red call signs during the Battle of Endor.  So Santage was a Rogue.

23 hours ago, Kieransi said:

D-Wing:

latest?cb=20061124210110

I really don't even care at this point. Sure, it's ugly, but whatever. Somebody tell me why you care about this thing and I'll listen. (Edit: better picture, see below):

dWing.jpg

You probably missed this, but D-wings are Imperial.   In the second picture, you can clearly see the imperial symbol on the air intake thingy.  Also, more visible in the first picture, are the characteristic solar panel wings of TIE fighters (not that this is one).

I do actually like it, mostly because it is weird without being not star-warsy. (And I am always looking for empire ships with droid slots)

6 minutes ago, Infinite_Maelstrom said:

You probably missed this, but D-wings are Imperial.   In the second picture, you can clearly see the imperial symbol on the air intake thingy.  Also, more visible in the first picture, are the characteristic solar panel wings of TIE fighters (not that this is one).

I do actually like it, mostly because it is weird without being not star-warsy. (And I am always looking for empire ships with droid slots)

True, but according to Wookieepedia, it was stolen by the Rebels before the Empire ever used it. It's kind of a gray area on which faction owns it as far as I can tell.  

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/D-Wing_Space_Superiority_Fighter

I agree that an Imperial droid carrier would be cool! But I guess it wouldn't go in this thread then. 

Just now, Kieransi said:

True, but according to Wookieepedia, it was stolen by the Rebels before the Empire ever used it. It's kind of a gray area on which faction owns it as far as I can tell.  

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/D-Wing_Space_Superiority_Fighter

I agree that an Imperial droid carrier would be cool! But I guess it wouldn't go in this thread then. 

I didn't notice that in my research.  That is odd that I missed this.   NM, doesn't stop it from being a cool ship!

I want the Jedi ships from the clone war era. Plenty of fodder there. The ARC-170 (and the Auzituck I think) came from there so there is already a precedent for using those ships. Then we can get all sorts of good Jedi pilots and whatnot. Lots of potential there for the dark side too with Duku, Maul, and so on. 

13 hours ago, Infinite_Maelstrom said:

That second picture is Episode III concept art. You can't see the Imperial symbol. It isn't there.
Unknown.png

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:52 PM, Kieransi said:

Kinda curious to see what you people think is plausible. The game (like the movies) started as X-Wings vs. TIE Fighters, and the natural progression was to expand that to every wing and TIE  in the Galaxy. So we've got X-Wings, Y-Wings, A-Wings, B-Wings, E-Wings, K-Wings, and U-Wings now versus TIE Fighters, Interceptors, Bombers, Advanced, Aggressors, Advanced Prototypes, Punishers, Silencers, Strikers, Phantoms, and Defenders. So what's left?

TIE/br Boarding Shuttle:

latest?cb=20081130035459

TIE Reaper:

latest?cb=20170126055154

D-Wing:

latest?cb=20061124210110

I really don't even care at this point. Sure, it's ugly, but whatever. Somebody tell me why you care about this thing and I'll listen. (Edit: better picture, see below):

dWing.jpg

I think they Won't reléase Tie/br boarding shuttle just because they already have done it with Tie Bomber's shuttle Title. And Mmybe we will get Tie Reaper as a new design of Tie Striker in an aces pack.

By the way, I like the design of D-Wing.

Also, you are missing two key ships, which, I think, they will appear before those all other ships:

Resultado de imagen de tie hunter

The ALLMIGHTY Tie Hunter! Maybe the most beautiful Tie ever maded. 

V-Wing!

Resultado de imagen de V Wing

Ok, it is from prequels... But... Hey, It can be as the ARC reléase but for imperials. 

39 minutes ago, Erion_Fett said:

I think they Won't reléase Tie/br boarding shuttle just because they already have done it with Tie Bomber's shuttle Title. And Mmybe we will get Tie Reaper as a new design of Tie Striker in an aces pack.

Also, you are missing two key ships, which, I think, they will appear before those all other ships:

V-Wing!

Yes. The only reason to add TIE/br is adding rules for boarding. They would be too convoluted and only workable in Epic.

D-wing look cool, but what an obscure ship! Only featured in a random magazine. I wouldn't even consider it as Legends.

TIE Hunter: yes, yes! 

V-Wing: that's a good bet. In the new canon it was used by the Empire in the early days and could come with Scum dial and pilots too. 

TLJ spoilers ahead:

Except for the RZ-2 A-Wing, a modernized Lambda and a luxury transport (and some huge Resistance ships), no new ships in TLJ. Good!! Back to Legends! (and refurbished PT ships)

6 hours ago, Erion_Fett said:

V-Wing!

Ok, it is from prequels... But... Hey, It can be as the ARC reléase but for imperials. 

Thanks, I did straight up miss the TIE Reaper, which was part of why I wanted this thread, so that I could get help making a list of all the things that could happen.  Also, I think it was you, @Odanan, who made a custom TIE Reaper that had an S-Foils title that was also an X-Wing fix? That's as good a reason as any to get that thing in the game!

Like I said in my post, the V-Wing is Imperial so it doesn't really count as part of this very specific list of TIE vs. ?-Wing. But yeah, since it's canon and pretty prominent in a number of books, we'll probably see it sooner or later. 

Interestingly enough, even in the modern canon, the TIE/sh and the TIE/br are two different ships that happen to look like the TIE Bomber. So I would argue that although we have the TIE/sh in the form of the title, we still don't have the TIE/br yet. (Although I do agree with both of you that it's likely too convoluted and weird to ever work. I'll have to think about that...) Links:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE%2Fsh_VIP_shuttle

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE%2Fbr_boarding_shuttle

@Odanan, I like what you're saying so far, I'll open up that spoiler after I see TLJ tonight! 

Edited by Kieransi

On 12/12/2017 at 2:52 PM, Kieransi said:

TIE/br Boarding Shuttle:

latest?cb=20081130035459

These guys are official canon, and despite FFG's attempts with the TIE Shuttle title for Bombers, these things haven't actually been done, because you can't actually board anybody with a TIE Shuttle. Also note TIE/sh is a different thing, used by officers who couldn't afford a Lambda (like Needa).

Bonus points if the ship can remove a crew at the beginning of combat if the ships are base to base. Double bonus points if the captured crew has a Rebel Captive type effect. Triple bonus if there is an interrogation droid that lets the captured crew operate on the TIE/br...