Sign in to follow this  
macd21

Purge the Unclean review

I wish I'd been given three more months, 20,000 more words and far more control over the editing process. Que sera, sera.

The overall plot regarding the Serrated Query did indeed die with BI - it exists now only in my memory... If you all beg nicely, I may just rectify that after Deathwatch comes out.  gui%C3%B1o.gif

TS Luikart said:

The overall plot regarding the Serrated Query did indeed die with BI - it exists now only in my memory... If you all beg nicely, I may just rectify that after Deathwatch comes out.  gui%C3%B1o.gif

Oooooohhhh!!! ......... Please, please, pretty please?!?  With ghostfire pollen on top!  gran_risa.gif

Completly agree with this review at least as far as Rejoice For You Are True goes (I haven't played the other two yet).  The PC's are basically just handed all the clues they need with very little investigating needed.  And splitting up the party led to a few players getting very bored.  (it also didn't help that the actual Noble character didn't turn up to this session).

That said I have inserted Rejoice For You Are True into a ongoing campaign where the Serrated Query are merely the pawns of another more over arching plot.  It meant I was able to turn the market stall gunfight into a real jackpot by introducing a xenos kill team who have been hunting the PC's for some time.  it was also quite amusing that the PC's took a violent dislike to Orday the bounty hunter and planned to kill him at the meeting.

Anyway the players haven't gone to Ambulon yet so I still have time to salvage the adventure and give them a good ending.  I think I might change the location of the Joyous Choir head quaters to Ambulons guts and have a big shoot out across rope bridges and the like.  I am also planning to introduce Ferran Ghast as working for/with the Serratted Query.

I am not even going to play Shades of Twilight.  Baron Hopes looks like it could be the best of the bunch though.

Visitor Q said:

I am not even going to play Shades of Twilight.  Baron Hopes looks like it could be the best of the bunch though.

I think that "Shades of Twilight" can be re-done. All it needs is some occurences on the wreck other then "combat". Given the fact that the location is warp-washed space hulk, their should be possibilites... happy.gif

Gregorius21778 said:

I think that "Shades of Twilight" can be re-done. All it needs is some occurences on the wreck other then "combat". Given the fact that the location is warp-washed space hulk, their should be possibilites... happy.gif

Our GM took some liberties with Shades on Twilight that added some drama between our band of acolytes and the other band of acolytes we encountered, including having our acolytes looking for an item OTHER than the Liber Daemonica and having the other acolytes (and ghost psykers) shocked when we said we were looking to retrieve the Luminous Reproach. With that and a few other things, we had more opportunity to roleplay, which made it a bit more interesting than when I read through the adventure later to see what we might have missed.

TS Luikart said:

I wish I'd been given three more months, 20,000 more words and far more control over the editing process. Que sera, sera.

This is me begging. See this? it's my begging face.

TS Luikart said:

Now there's a good idea!

TS Luikart said:

Pretty please!!!

That would be full of win and awesome :D

...that was me begging btw

TS Luikart said:

Well, Deathwatch is out, so...gui%C3%B1o.gif (You thought we would forget, didn't you? gran_risa.gif)

Yes, I now officially start the begging procedure.

Ophilia Midkiff said:

Our GM took some liberties with Shades on Twilight that added some drama between our band of acolytes and the other band of acolytes we encountered, including having our acolytes looking for an item OTHER than the Liber Daemonica and having the other acolytes (and ghost psykers) shocked when we said we were looking to retrieve the Luminous Reproach. With that and a few other things, we had more opportunity to roleplay, which made it a bit more interesting than when I read through the adventure later to see what we might have missed.

Agreed.  We, thanks to our GM, had multiple opportunities to RP with the rival acolyte group, as well as opportunities to RP with the Eldar Corsairs.  Of course, we were pretty much all Puritans at the time, so that limited our potential RP.  But ift was fun nonetheless.  happy.gif