X Wing Nut

FFG stop teasing me

2 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Bail will do something similar, I believe.

FUN Now lets take these Cards just to counter each other. 

Sorry if I sound Angry but I really hate things that force me to build list with _____ Upgrade card to work. Look at X Wing and Autothrusters. I just dont want to see Armada fall into the same trap TRC is bad enough 

TRC? You need to switch to Imp, man. We never use it outside the occasional Arq.:P

Seriously, though. Pryce is a 7 pt. med+ only officer. Those are all real downsides. And it’s only one round for those 7 points, and your opponent sees it coming literally before turn 1 (if I recall correctly.) Auto-include? Not really. Good? Yes.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

3 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

TRC? You need to switch to Imp, man. We never use it outside the occasional Arq.:P

Seriously, though. Pryce is a 7 pt. med+ only officer. Those are all real downsides. And it’s only one round for those 7 points. Auto-include? Not really. Good? Yes.

Only time I see a Arq without TRC is because they dont have the card :P

it not Auto include. but its a really good price in a 3 ship list for the Imps I think for what it can do 7 points is a bargain 

3 ship lists just aren’t really competitive right now, in my experience. I can’t speak for your meta, but 5 activations is kinda the minimum where I play. Think of it as opening up more options for lists that just couldn’t succeed otherwise. I’m not saying you’re wrong to be worried; for all I know you’re completely right. But FFG has a great track record with regard to game balance and fixing such mistakes, and I wouldn’t get mad about any card until I see it in action at least twice. ;)

44 minutes ago, X Wing Nut said:

thats the problem its a card you need to make work what should be a rule. out of all the problems Armada has this is the 1 thing that is needed the most 

I wholeheartedly disagree. By making these upgrade cards, players have to make an active decision to include it in their list and to actually use it once on the board. This will introduce more meaningful decisions into the full breadth of the game experience. By making it take the officer slot, it makes it even bigger of a decision, because you are sacrificing some fantastic options in order to get that advantage.

38 minutes ago, Astrodar said:

I wholeheartedly disagree. By making these upgrade cards, players have to make an active decision to include it in their list and to actually use it once on the board. This will introduce more meaningful decisions into the full breadth of the game experience. By making it take the officer slot, it makes it even bigger of a decision, because you are sacrificing some fantastic options in order to get that advantage.

A Pass Rule would not compete with cards like this. I see Pryce working just as well in a list if we have the pass rule. This new Game Mechanic is Awesome but it feels like a band-aid to a bigger problem. It would be nice if players could take a 2 ship list to a tournament and consistently do well in tournaments around the world not just a few people here and there 

1 minute ago, MandalorianMoose said:

Weren’t there Tests games that found MSU to be rendered ineffective with the pass rule? The meta would basically devolve into 2 large bases vs 2 large bases every game

I wouldnt say that just the Tactics used for the current MSU lists. If we have a pass rule I would still use lists with 2-6 ships as I build list to achieve a goal. the goal is what determinants what I build

As already stated. A pass rule would significantly alter the balance of the game to the detriment of all that has already been created balanced around the existing game system. I have played with a pass rule...It significantly decreases the ability of small ships to have an effect on the game without putting them in significant danger. MSU would become near non-existent as you would be much safer bringing 2-3 large ships and tons of squads and have almost no downside. This would significantly remove most of the variety that currently exists in list building. Play it as a house rule if you like, but don't think for a moment this is what the majority of players want.

1 minute ago, MandalorianMoose said:

Didn’t 2 ship double ISD-1/squads get second place at nationals? Had a rediculous bid for first, but it was still just two ships

thats one example but how many times do you here about it in world wide results. that is what im looking for. 

My dream is that tournament Results from everywhere will have list with 2-8 ships in them. not the constant 4+  

Why ever have 8 ships with a pass rule? In order to get shots you have to put 5-6 of them in range of your opponent with 2 ships with Gunnery teams. You then lose 2-3 of those small fragile ships, and if you are second player then you lose another 1-2 as those big ships activate first next round... Your suggestion ends with 2-3 ship lists being the only ones played at top levels of the game.