mcworrell

News!

I may be a contrarian here, but I currently don't believe that the card is good, given all the restrictions. A good opponent can usually somewhat vary a tempo of the game, so by telegraphing the round number she may end up in the same bin Tagge is.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong though.

Edited by PT106

Let me be clear around my griping. On anything but AvengerBT, I really like this card. I’m actually considering how/if it would be useful to delay a Sloane QF Alpha Strike. Sit outside of response range while your opponent activates and doesnt do jack with their squad commands and then respond with impunity?

Edited by Church14

1 minute ago, Church14 said:

Let me be clear around my griping. On anything but AvengerBT, I really like this card. I’m actually considering how/if it would be useful to delay a Sloane QF Alpha Strike. Sit outside of response range while your opponent activates and doesnt do jack with their squad commands and then respond with impunity?

Theyll still have squadron turn to activate

1 minute ago, dominosfleet said:

Theyll still have squadron turn to activate

Yeah, the idea loses thunder, but I’ve seen enough players think that they shouldn’t “waste” a squad command and activate squads that are out of range of anything useful. Against a clear thinking player, I’m not seeing benefit. 

I like the idea, not sure about the execution.

It's amazing for ISDs.  For 7 points you can turn an ISD into last/first monster if you set it up right.  If you could get a couple targets into your front arc while gunnery teams rip up an MSU it would be amazing...but you have to work pretty hard to get those stars to align.  I suppose you can get a sort of pseudo Yavaris effect by sticking it on a carrier.  Doing a last/first with a lot of Imp squadrons could be pretty devastating.  I see this being harder to avoid than sticking her on an ISD.

I wonder if it's too predictable with having to declare the round at the start of the game.

If im reading the "round token" bit correctly, you have to pick which exact turn you'll be using this on? (Im not 100% what a round token is?).

Either way, great card and even better article! So good that we're having interesting articles on Armada - long may this continue!

Just now, kmanweiss said:

I like the idea, not sure about the execution.

It's amazing for ISDs.  For 7 points you can turn an ISD into last/first monster if you set it up right.  If you could get a couple targets into your front arc while gunnery teams rip up an MSU it would be amazing...but you have to work pretty hard to get those stars to align.  I suppose you can get a sort of pseudo Yavaris effect by sticking it on a carrier.  Doing a last/first with a lot of Imp squadrons could be pretty devastating.  I see this being harder to avoid than sticking her on an ISD.

I wonder if it's too predictable with having to declare the round at the start of the game.

While predictable, It will make your opponent think when it comes to that round. Remember you have to declare your speed when deploying ships so you can toy with your opponent .

9 minutes ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

The tokens that come with the core set that nobody uses to track the rounds. :) 

Ahhhh.... OK..... Im gonna quickly go dig in the garage....

(Great way to get under-used tokens back in the game! Yaaaay!)

Edited by GammonLord

11 minutes ago, GammonLord said:

If im reading the "round token" bit correctly, you have to pick which exact turn you'll be using this on? (Im not 100% what a round token is?).

Either way, great card and even better article! So good that we're having interesting articles on Armada - long may this continue!

Check your Learn to Play guide... it has pictures of the round tokens in the core set ?

im serious. ?

If you know the round you can adapt and the user of the card maybe miss, expensive in a slot with a lot of useful cards. I hope similar to this but like give you an imaginary activation if you have more big or medium ships than small/flotilla ships

Edited by Sharego

52 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

jHlEOtv.jpg

Pricey, but that is some sweet love for bigger ships. 

Thank you FFG for remembering that big ships need love too. 

Better be 2nd player in a mirror match with Governor Pryce on each side. Then you get to pick your special round after the 1st player does. And, in the case when you both pick the same round, you get last-last activation as well.

But clearly this is a boon for low activation-count fleets.

5 minutes ago, RobertK said:

Better be 2nd player in a mirror match with Governor Pryce on each side. Then you get to pick your special round after the 1st player does. And, in the case when you both pick the same round, you get last-last activation as well.

But clearly this is a boon for low activation-count fleets.

I can see FAQ incoming in 5.. 4.. 3..

2 minutes ago, PT106 said:

I can see FAQ incoming in 5.. 4.. 3..

Why though?

Rules are clearly defined in this instance.

I mean, don’t get me wrong... am I missing something? Because the only reason why it wouldn’t be clear is if the rule isn’t read.

1st player resolves all of his effects that share a timing first, in the order of his choosing, before second player does the same.

just the same as a Han-off.

Edited by Drasnighta