weisguy119

Wave 14 speculation

On 12/12/2017 at 6:39 AM, Kieransi said:

These are my top six. Yes, I know, I have weird taste.

1.) latest?cb=20050528170623

2.)latest?cb=20140919041333

3.)latest?cb=20060312214645

4.)latest?cb=20170126055154

5.)latest?cb=20081004171322

6.)latest?cb=20170125070736

3) A flying stabler indeed. 

I could only get behind 1) and 6) although 6) would just be yet another shuttle for the imps - but it had a secondary turret slot (not lore I know but heck why not) and atleast 2 crew it would provide the Imps with new possibilities☺️

Hey guys, long-time reader, first-time caller here. Lots of interesting view points but I still find there's a lot of thinking inside the box. Here are my opinions you are free to dissect, humiliate and shoot down (and sorry for the long post):

Obvious: Scum is down an epic ship. The Wild Karrde would be so cool but FFG will have to wait for the Han Solo movie to come out to see what kind of ship their masters at Disney want to push. The Star Jewel could fit comfortably in epic scale and is closer to cannon than anything else in the S&V faction and I have a feeling Jabba will be in the HS movie. Either way, the HS movie should be an S&V treasure trove of ships worthy of its own wave most likely. Are we getting another Falcon? I don't think so, but what ship was Han flying before he won the Falcon? That one we're getting for sure if it's seen in the movie.

Next wave: Resistance A-Wing? It's not out yet? How could FFG mess this up? So yes, only a matter of months. Likely coming with A-Wing fixes too. Q2.

FO bomber? Sure, probably. Was it in ep8? I don't remember. Q2 to go with the A-wing.

Heroes of Scarif? Likely the next aces set, with a Y-Wing fix, Blue squad X-wing with General moustache pilot card, K2SO Crew/U-Wing fix and T-65 fixes galore. Q3.

Written above is what's likely. Here's where I go out the box.  In the last year there have been more and more indications that the 100pt deathmatch format may not be the preferred way of playing X-wing forever. The Heroes of the Aturi Cluster and X-Wing Objectives variants are gaining in popularity and I wouldn't be surprised if FFG picked up these ideas by either establishing partnerships with the creators or by simply buying the rights or by creating their own RPG X-Wing system to avoid the aforementioned options. But here's the thing, the alternative formats aren't all about building your squad to defeat your opponent. It's about aesthetics and the grandiose. Space stations, mine fields, Ion storms, epic ships and beautiful boards filled with beautiful ships. There's a thirst for the theatrical and the market will not tolerate vacuums so... ready folks, I'm calling it now: There will be another size of ships released eventually, either after the next huge scum ship or the after next trifecta of huge ships in which the Hammerhead Corvette will appear. These will be MASSIVE ships who use three large ship bases and here's what I'm betting:

Rebels: Nebulon B Frigate. It has a 300m length, twice the size a a CR90 corvette. Bit of sliding scale magic and voilà, loregasm for everyone. Ackbar or Raddus Crew Cards? Bring it.

Empire: Arquitens Class Star-Destroyer. At 325 length this will be a bit of a stretch but alternate formats of X-Wing are SCREAMING for a star destroyer. People are making epic sized boards to create scenarios where they assault an ISD. Arquitens could be the solution. Admiral Thrawn Crew Card anyone? I thought so. Plus it's in Rebels!

Scum: This is the tricky one. The Star Jewel (Jabba's spaceship) and the Wild Karrde could be huge ships (and by the way we will get both) but would not compete in size with the other would-be Massive ships. This is where I give you the floor good people of FFG forums. Massive ships are coming, what's scum going to be?

Edited by TheBendhu

Honestly going back and making new explansions for wave 1-3 ships would be perfect to me. Bring back T-65s, Interceptors, Bwings, Awings, etc. Luckily TIE swarm is still good so I still fly that all the time. But I really want to fly classic Rebel ships without getting instantly nuked.

On 29/12/2017 at 3:43 AM, TheBendhu said:

Hey guys, long-time reader, first-time caller here. Lots of interesting view points but I still find there's a lot of thinking inside the box. Here are my opinions you are free to dissect, humiliate and shoot down (and sorry for the long post):

Obvious: Scum is down an epic ship. The Wild Karrde would be so cool but FFG will have to wait for the Han Solo movie to come out to see what kind of ship their masters at Disney want to push. The Star Jewel could fit comfortably in epic scale and is closer to cannon than anything else in the S&V faction and I have a feeling Jabba will be in the HS movie. Either way, the HS movie should be an S&V treasure trove of ships worthy of its own wave most likely. Are we getting another Falcon? I don't think so, but what ship was Han flying before he won the Falcon? That one we're getting for sure if it's seen in the movie.

Next wave: Resistance A-Wing? It's not out yet? How could FFG mess this up? So yes, only a matter of months. Likely coming with A-Wing fixes too. Q2.

FO bomber? Sure, probably. Was it in ep8? I don't remember. Q2 to go with the A-wing.

Heroes of Scarif? Likely the next aces set, with a Y-Wing fix, Blue squad X-wing with General moustache pilot card, K2SO Crew/U-Wing fix and T-65 fixes galore. Q3.

Written above is what's likely. Here's where I go out the box.  In the last year there have been more and more indications that the 100pt deathmatch format may not be the preferred way of playing X-wing forever. The Heroes of the Aturi Cluster and X-Wing Objectives variants are gaining in popularity and I wouldn't be surprised if FFG picked up these ideas by either establishing partnerships with the creators or by simply buying the rights or by creating their own RPG X-Wing system to avoid the aforementioned options. But here's the thing, the alternative formats aren't all about building your squad to defeat your opponent. It's about aesthetics and the grandiose. Space stations, mine fields, Ion storms, epic ships and beautiful boards filled with beautiful ships. There's a thirst for the theatrical and the market will not tolerate vacuums so... ready folks, I'm calling it now: There will be another size of ships released eventually, either after the next huge scum ship or the after next trifecta of huge ships in which the Hammerhead Corvette will appear. These will be MASSIVE ships who use three large ship bases and here's what I'm betting:

Rebels: Nebulon B Frigate. It has a 300m length, twice the size a a CR90 corvette. Bit of sliding scale magic and voilà, loregasm for everyone. Ackbar or Raddus Crew Cards? Bring it.

Empire: Arquitens Class Star-Destroyer. At 325 length this will be a bit of a stretch but alternate formats of X-Wing are SCREAMING for a star destroyer. People are making epic sized boards to create scenarios where they assault an ISD. Arquitens could be the solution. Admiral Thrawn Crew Card anyone? I thought so. Plus it's in Rebels!

Scum: This is the tricky one. The Star Jewel (Jabba's spaceship) and the Wild Karrde could be huge ships (and by the way we will get both) but would not compete in size with the other would-be Massive ships. This is where I give you the floor good people of FFG forums. Massive ships are coming, what's scum going to be?

Re: scum. See Rancor's Fist (Freemaker Adventures, story group approved). Big enough to hold Punishing One if memory serves.

Did anyone ever suggested an Inferno Squad TIE Fighter for the Empire or a Inferno Squad title card?

with Torpedoes and System Upgrades

Pilots:

• Iden Versio
  • Del Meeko
  • Gideon Hask
  • Seyn Marana

Iden and Del could also have Rebel Pilot Cards.

Maybe the set could also include stuff for the Raider Corvette e.g. a "Corvus" title card or new Missions.

On 28/12/2017 at 8:43 PM, TheBendhu said:

Marauder corvette fits better here than huge I think.

fighter carrier with massive forward firing guns

At 195m long and 131 wide she has alot more size than the other corvettes but would be shorter than the arquitens and nebulon. Although I think it would be wider than them.

11 hours ago, farway said:

Did anyone ever suggested an Inferno Squad TIE Fighter for the Empire or a Inferno Squad title card?

Pilots:

• Iden Versio
  • Del Meeko
  • Gideon Hask
  • Seyn Marana

Maybe the set could also include stuff for the Raider Corvette e.g. a "Corvus" title card or new Missions.

As far as I know, Seyn Marana was not a pilot.  I read the book and played the game but I don’t believe she ever pilots a ship.  She’s strictly intelligence.  I’m currently having 3 Inferno Squad TIEs commission painted (I could do them myself but I want them really clean).  I’m going to make some Inferno Squad pilot cards and upgrades for Iden, Del and Gideon.  I also plan some Corvus cards for one of my Raiders.

On 29/12/2017 at 1:43 AM, TheBendhu said:

Welcome to the jungle!

• Next Scum epic: yep, Wild Karrde would be my number 1 choice - it has so much lore on it. I even wouldn't mind if the ship had a look more in line with the canonical Action IV. Should come with Wild Karrde unique title and Interceptor-class generic title. Sorry, but the Star Jewel is hideous and we have Jabba already in the game (although not his entourage). 
  • Resistance A-Wing: no brainer. 
  • FO Bomber: there is no such thing. We saw holograms of the TIE Bomber and a TIE Interceptor in TLJ, but they could be the older Imperial models. The next Imperial ship must be the TIE Reaper, hopefully full of exclusive crew cards.
  • Heroes of Scarif: please? I hope the delay means FFG is preparing something different for this one, like a campaign box.
  • And talking about campaign boxes, an official, streamlined Heroes of Aturi Cluster is what this game needs the most right now.
  • Super-Huge ships: sadly, I don't think they are coming. :(

On 02/02/2018 at 10:53 AM, farway said:

Pilots:

• Iden Versio
  • Del Meeko
  • Gideon Hask
  • Seyn Marana

Yep, Inferno Squad would be cool. Here are some of my renditions on it.

I don't know... I find the Rebel Iden and Del kind of boring... And the Rebel Corvus looks a lot different from the unmodified Raider.

On 02/02/2018 at 10:35 PM, weisguy119 said:

As far as I know, Seyn Marana was not a pilot.  I read the book and played the game but I don’t believe she ever pilots a ship.  She’s strictly intelligence. 

Better than some invented callsign, right? Besides, she was in the Inferno Squad, and these guys are theoretically proficient in piloting TIEs (they use TIE pilot vests, after all).

On 2/6/2018 at 12:53 AM, robertrice919 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing something done to update the IG-88 Aggressor. Just sayin'.

Like put it on a small base where it belongs?

So...

Below is what I predicted (in short) back in December. I'll comment when my predictions come true or are debunked.

Huge Scum ship (Wild Karde or Star Jewel) We still need one...

Resistance A-Wing: Still quite probable

F.O. Bomber: Maybe I dreamt that one...

Heroes of Scariff : Feb 13th 2018: U-Wing and T-65 fixes inbound with a new aces set. Going to give myself a 5 out of 10 on that prediction. Called the timing, 2/3 ships and some fixes.

Massive ships (Neb. B.): Give it 2-3 years.

Edited by TheBendhu

On 2/6/2018 at 2:12 AM, Odanan said:

Welcome to the jungle!

• Next Scum epic: yep, Wild Karrde would be my number 1 choice - it has so much lore on it. I even wouldn't mind if the ship had a look more in line with the canonical Action IV. Should come with Wild Karrde unique title and Interceptor-class generic title. Sorry, but the Star Jewel is hideous and we have Jabba already in the game (although not his entourage). 
  • Resistance A-Wing: no brainer. 
  • FO Bomber: there is no such thing. We saw holograms of the TIE Bomber and a TIE Interceptor in TLJ, but they could be the older Imperial models. The next Imperial ship must be the TIE Reaper, hopefully full of exclusive crew cards.
  • Heroes of Scarif: please? I hope the delay means FFG is preparing something different for this one, like a campaign box.
  • And talking about campaign boxes, an official, streamlined Heroes of Aturi Cluster is what this game needs the most right now.
  • Super-Huge ships: sadly, I don't think they are coming. :(

Nice call on the Reaper!

I did call the Scarif stuff though ;)