Sign in to follow this  
Celestial Lizards

We now have three Imperial shuttles

Ok, so by now you probably know about Krennic's Delta-class shuttle and the TIE Reaper (which also shoots down an X-Wing), but now there's a third shuttle coming into the mix:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_First_Order_shuttle 

This is the craft that was behind Phasma in the trailer (sorry, but it wasn't a GUNBOAT :( ). 

Now that we have three shuttles (plus the Sentinel), when will at least one of them get an expansion, and why haven't they yet?

36 minutes ago, Celestial Lizards said:

Ok, so by now you probably know about Krennic's Delta-class shuttle and the TIE Reaper (which also shoots down an X-Wing), but now there's a third shuttle coming into the mix:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_First_Order_shuttle 

This is the craft that was behind Phasma in the trailer (sorry, but it wasn't a GUNBOAT :( ). 

Now that we have three shuttles (plus the Sentinel), when will at least one of them get an expansion, and why haven't they yet?

In before complaints of too many Imperial shuttles despite the fact that the Empire has very few large base ships that aren’t shuttles and 100 TIE variants are considered acceptable for some reason.

I think it stems more from the design process of creating something that can do more than be "just another palp mobile". 

Doom shuttle doesn't get played near as much since ole palps came out:
(To be fair you have a reason to run Vader now, as that fix was released in the same expansion, so it's not entirely palpatines fault)

2 hours ago, weisguy119 said:

In before complaints of too many Imperial shuttles despite the fact that the Empire has very few large base ships that aren’t shuttles and 100 TIE variants are considered acceptable for some reason.

Well, people moan about all these TiEs all the time though, right? That's why we all wanted our Gunboat (besides the obvious awesome). 

What baffles me a bit is when compared, 4 shuttles doesn't seem that much, does it? The rebels got a lot of shuttle craft, arguably more multi-purpose, but that's the Rebel way. Crew carriers, or rather ships with Crew as their primary combo piece, really aren't scarce across all factions. 

Basically what I'm saying is, if anything, now I want that sexy T3c Delta Shuttle more, not less.

5 minutes ago, DampfGecko said:

Well, people moan about all these TiEs all the time though, right? That's why we all wanted our Gunboat (besides the obvious awesome). 

What baffles me a bit is when compared, 4 shuttles doesn't seem that much, does it? The rebels got a lot of shuttle craft, arguably more multi-purpose, but that's the Rebel way. Crew carriers, or rather ships with Crew as their primary combo piece, really aren't scarce across all factions. 

Basically what I'm saying is, if anything, now I want that sexy T3c Delta Shuttle more, not less.

Ditto, but I long for the Sentinel.  With Gov'nor Price and GA Thrawn.

I would even let Hondo drive from time to time.

1 minute ago, Darth Meanie said:

Then I guess I have to hope really hard that the devs are reading this. There you go, FFG, there's your Imperial content for the next year.

3 hours ago, Celestial Lizards said:

Part of me is happy because now there won't be some abomination called the GUNBOAT/FO that's twice as big as a regular GUNBOAT and painted completely black. 

Part of me is sad because I made a bet with my brother that GUNBOATS would be in the next movie. If I'd won, he'd have had to say the phrase "excuse me, do you have a minute to hear the word of GUNBOAT?" to at least three of his friends. For some reason his victory condition was that I'd have to call one of my professors "boss" for the whole spring semester. I guess my professors had better get used to me seeming completely nuts - well, more nuts than my usual saying "excuse me, do you have a minute to hear the word of GUNBOAT?" to everyone...

4 hours ago, Celestial Lizards said:

I think Krennic's Delta class is the strongest candidate at the moment due to it having some distinct differences to your average shuttle. Krennic had his shuttle specially commissioned, and as head of weapons development I'd like to think it could be the first GCW era ship to have a tech slot.

Apparently the Delta-class shuttle had stealth capabilities as well deep space comms, I think the stealth aspect is an area where FFG could really change up the imperial shuttle mold. 

I also really want Death Trooper and Krennic crew.

32 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

I'd also really like to see Governor Price and Thrawn in the game. If that means they're in a Sentinel, then bring on the Sentinel!

Edited by BVRCH

49 minutes ago, BVRCH said:

I think Krennic's Delta class is the strongest candidate at the moment due to it having some distinct differences to your average shuttle. Krennic had his shuttle specially commissioned, and as head of weapons development I'd like to think it could be the first GCW era ship to have a tech slot.

Apparently the Delta-class shuttle had stealth capabilities as well deep space comms, I think the stealth aspect is an area where FFG could really change up the imperial shuttle mold. 

I also really want Death Trooper and Krennic crew.

I'd also really like to see Governor Price and Thrawn in the game. If that means they're in a Sentinel, then bring on the Sentinel!

The Delta class shuttle is probably one of my least favorite imperial shuttle designs, but with that said it would serve as a good way to get Imperial Rogue One characters into the game, even if the ship would probably need like three or four pegs to just be able to be slotted in, those wings on that ship were stupid long.

The sentinel shuttle is the next shuttle I really want in the game, and is I think the only OT film ship that hasn't been added yet, and with it being all over Rebels it would serve as a great way to bring Thrawn and other Rebels characters into X-wing. Heck, they already even have the art for many of those characters already done thanks to Armada so all the more power to it! 

6 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

The Delta class shuttle is probably one of my least favorite imperial shuttle designs, but with that said it would serve as a good way to get Imperial Rogue One characters into the game, even if the ship would probably need like three or four pegs to just be able to be slotted in, those wings on that ship were stupid long.

The sentinel shuttle is the next shuttle I really want in the game, and is I think the only OT film ship that hasn't been added yet, and with it being all over Rebels it would serve as a great way to bring Thrawn and other Rebels characters into X-wing. Heck, they already even have the art for many of those characters already done thanks to Armada so all the more power to it! 

I know the design itself is pretty polarizing. I personally love it, but I think its the other aspects of the ship, and as you said, the Rogue One characters that make it a strong candidate for X-wing.

The Delta wouldn't need any extra pegs, the wings are 10m shorter than the Upsilon shuttle's wings. Its a much smaller ship than most people think.

Edited by BVRCH

No! the Empire needs an Epic ship that is completely useless like the GR-75. Then you will all be thankful for those shuttles. *shakes fist at Galactic Core* "Back in my day, all we had were shuttles and we liked it that way."

imperial_provider_class_cargo_ship_ortho

Large, slow target, and it will come with a Gunboat fix so that you will all buy it! :P

1 hour ago, BadMotivator said:

What we need is a cheap crew carrier that doesn't restrict what crew you can carry that also has Coordinate.

first we need good support crew that isn't palp......maybe an imperial crew that gives the ship it is on coordinate?

1. Lambda Class Shuttle
  2. TIE Shuttle (TIE Bomber title)
  3. Upsilon Class Shuttle.

Yup, 3 Imperial shuttles.;)

Too bad Imperials don't have the crew upgrades like Scum and Rebels do. Sure they had Emperor Palpatine which was arguably the best crew upgrade it had to get nerfed. But none of the likes of say Sabine or K4 Security Droid. I have had to leave the second seat of Major Rhymer's and Captian Jonus's shuttle empty many times.:(

Edited by Marinealver

8 hours ago, Kieransi said:

Part of me is happy because now there won't be some abomination called the GUNBOAT/FO that's twice as big as a regular GUNBOAT and painted completely black. 

Part of me is sad because I made a bet with my brother that GUNBOATS would be in the next movie. If I'd won, he'd have had to say the phrase "excuse me, do you have a minute to hear the word of GUNBOAT?" to at least three of his friends. For some reason his victory condition was that I'd have to call one of my professors "boss" for the whole spring semester. I guess my professors had better get used to me seeming completely nuts - well, more nuts than my usual saying "excuse me, do you have a minute to hear the word of GUNBOAT?" to everyone...

Given one of their (many) roles as patrol and customs work, if they do pop up in a film, I could see it being in the Han Solo film. They'd actually not feel at all out of place, there. 

On 12/10/2017 at 8:38 PM, acesandeights said:

No! the Empire needs an Epic ship that is completely useless like the GR-75. Then you will all be thankful for those shuttles. *shakes fist at Galactic Core* "Back in my day, all we had were shuttles and we liked it that way."

imperial_provider_class_cargo_ship_ortho

Large, slow target, and it will come with a Gunboat fix so that you will all buy it! :P

If there is no attack then we will need another action other than Jam so there can be 4 huge ship actions.

On 10/12/2017 at 8:42 PM, weisguy119 said:

I don't think anyone thinks 100 Tie variants is acceptable/good,  except for those super into the fluff. It's boring which is why I'm so pleased to have the Gunboats.

Same issue with another shuttle. I love the Upsilon but if we get another slow imperial  shuttle I'll be pretty disappointed. 

Edited by Goseki1

6 minutes ago, thebrettski said:

Rebels get access to Scum tech, and they have cross faction pilots.

The Empire hires bounty hunters.  We would like access to Scum crew.  It will be fine, I promise we'll give 'em back...

at the very least the actual Bounty hunter crew would make sense.