Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Atromix said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone have any pictures of what the White/Black premium versatile plastic looks like, and is it worth it?

Does this help:

It's rather dated as the names have changed and Black HD Acrylate was only briefly offered.  But it does give you a good comparison between the different types of material.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2018 at 1:47 PM, TallGiraffe said:

Still ugly with the dishes. 

If those dishes were removed then the cruiser might be alright. The dishes being tractor beam projectors doesn't really make sense because plenty of ships like ISDs have multiple projectors without noticeable dishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Piratical Moustache said:

If those dishes were removed then the cruiser might be alright. The dishes being tractor beam projectors doesn't really make sense because plenty of ships like ISDs have multiple projectors without noticeable dishes.

I thought the ISD-I, at least, had very visible dishes at its hangars:

 

devbay.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

I was going to suggest Rebellion, but The Rebellion ISDs are just a touch too big. The SSD is quite a size, too...  

 

They were fun to paint though 

It depends what version you compare them to. The bridge on Mel's original narrow SSD is exactly the same size as the Rebellion ISDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cynanbloodbane said:

It depends what version you compare them to. The bridge on Mel's original narrow SSD is exactly the same size as the Rebellion ISDs.

Well, I meant that the Rebellion SSDs are too big for TI.

Indeed, even the ISDs kind of are...  At least if you have bigger battles like my gaming group.

Edited by Drasnighta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ISD Avenger said:

The domes on the top seem waaayyy too big

 

9 hours ago, Atromix said:

The whole bridge is different to the one on the FFG victory.

LOL I just did a quick google search and picked one. I'm sure there are better pics out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 12:39 AM, Captain Ordo N-11 said:

Naw, the domes are off and the bridge is too thin. 

That,  and, seen from above or below, Fractal's Victory is triangular rather than kite-shaped - he didn't like the "downscaled Imperial" Victory, so wanted something visibly different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ironlord said:

That,  and, seen from above or below, Fractal's Victory is triangular rather than kite-shaped - he didn't like the "downscaled Imperial" Victory, so wanted something visibly different.

Yeah, I quite like that, shows that it was a precursor to the ISD, and not just a downscaled one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Atromix said:

Yeah, I quite like that, shows that it was a precursor to the ISD, and not just a downscaled one.

Interesting.

It was such a radical departure from the norm previous that few seem to admit that they do like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2018 at 11:45 PM, Captain Ordo N-11 said:

maxresdefault.jpg

I'd buy some of these. IDK if he can do them though since FFG sells them and its not that different. Would be cool though. 

I would like some sort of conversion kit, like the ISD-1 kit.  Not sure how it could be done, but still.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×