Boba Rick

What Was Your Favorite Wave?

Wave 7 for the positive impact it had on the game. Palp made imperial aces viable, crackshot made the swarm viable. The half points on large ships evened out points fortressing and TLT gave fat turrets a big headache. The meta felt at its most balanced. I personally loved Bossk in the YV666 and enjoyed flying him alongside a mini swarm of Feedback Zs. 

Wave 3 because it brought the two most interesting ships - pre-TLT HWK and pre-Palp Lambda. Both with really tough to play around drawbacks (the latter more so than the former), but very rewarding when mastered  (more potential for the Lambda here).

Then wave 9 (I think?) because small ship aux arcs are amazing and both ARC and /SF weren't easy to figure out, either.

Wave III. TIE Bomber is the best ship ever. (InB4BoomOwlSaysBomberMeta)

If we'd just gotten the freaking GUNBOAT then, X-Wing would have been complete!

Waves IV and VI are close seconds. I liked Scum before the Jumpmaster, and Wave IV was when all our EU stuff was from the good video games (I am entitled to my opinion, and my opinion is that Galaxies ships are ugly.)

Edited by Kieransi
Meesa be makin' a typo!

I've been collecting since Wave 1, though didn't start playing until around Wave 4... TBH I think Wave 6 was my favorite simply for introducing a third faction. The game at that time felt like a complete foundation on which to continue moving forward with ships from Rebels, Empire, and Scum even though I can't claim to have a favorite faction.

Wave 4 even though that is when the forums started to get salty with all the Nerf Hearders complaining how their favorite ship was not winning.

Then again maybe that is why I liked Wave 4 so much. Other than that Wave 3 it had B-wings and TIE Bombers. It is a shame TIE Bombers never really amounted to anything.

If I invert the OPs inquiry, it would definitely be Wave VII. K-Wings are the least Star-Warzy thing I’d ever seen, and not being an obscure fan, I’d never seen one before. The Punisher looked like an ugly-steroid-popping TIE Bomber at first glance, but it grew on me, so I purchased one. 

Turns out, the K-Wing was and still is the absolute best ship in the game. The Punisher, by contrast, was and is still the absolute worst ship in the game.

These were designed by the same company?!?

If I’m honest....my real salt comes from the fact that I tried to squadbuild and like the Punisher so much (and got momentarilily and irrationally excited), I purchased two more that were on sale last year (believe it or not haha), but they still lie dormant within their space age plastic tombs. Sad.

Wave 9, without a doubt.  It was an incredibly strong lineup of new ships, all of which had both fun and competitive options available to them.  The TIE/SF is still my favourite ship in the game without a doubt, and I ran a Backdraft/Quickdraw/Omega Leader list for a long span of time. :)

Wave 12/13 is shaping up pretty well on this front too, although I need to actually get all of the ships on the table before I really pass any comment.  It's looking pretty good so far though!

Wave 6: introduction of the Scum and IG-2000 expansion pack.

Although this wave if a close competitor for one reason: if the crossfire formation becomes a precursor for thematic subfaction / synergy lists then I'll get really excited for upcoming waves.

On 09/12/2017 at 3:38 AM, MasterShake2 said:

To be fair, the HWK was in wave 3...

Tonight our store is doing 'no legends night' where the restrictions are only ships and upgrades from waves 1-3

Edited by Fred5000TM

Waves VI, C-ROC, and G4H.  StarVipers and Scyks all the way.  I started in Wave VI, when some buddies bought me in with a bunch of Scum stuff, and while I enjoy flying  all the factions, my heart is still full-on Scummy.