Sign in to follow this  
dotswarlock

New wave unpacking in a rush?... be honest!

Ok, let's see if I'm the only one: who amongst you fetched their pre-orders, gleefully got back home... and then quickly unwrapped them in a rush in the basement (or other solitary room) before anyone could suggest: "Oh, maybe you could put them under the Christmas tree!"

(Please let me not be the only one)

You waited to leave the store before unpacking? You must be fake X-wing fans.

I had to politely ask the clerk to stop inputting boardgames into the system and rush the ships so I could get my fix. I promptly tore open the packaging and built 3 lists. I only played 2 lists, but got 4 games in before the shop closed. Then, I dejectedly went home and put my plasticrack into some semblance of storage before sleep.

1 minute ago, Kilrex said:

I had to politely ask the clerk to stop inputting boardgames into the system and rush the ships so I could get my fix. I promptly tore open the packaging and built 3 lists. I only played 2 lists, but got 4 games in before the shop closed. Then, I dejectedly went home and put my plasticrack into some semblance of storage before sleep.

Ditto

21 minutes ago, Incard said:

While I was driving to the store, I did have the thought, "You know, people might want to get some of this for me as a gift" . "Sure," I replied to myself, "but then I'd need to wait a few more weeks, and that just won't do."

i dont have that problem. Nobody gets me anything other than clothes or gag gifts.

:cries inside:

I am only opening the Phantom II as I have a list all ready to go with it. I had told my wife that the new ships would be my Christmas present, so we'll see if she wants to wrap the others. If not, I guess they will get opened and put away. Though, the bomber may go with the epic ships on a shelf in my son's room.

3 hours ago, dotswarlock said:

Ok, let's see if I'm the only one: who amongst you fetched their pre-orders, gleefully got back home... and then quickly unwrapped them in a rush in the basement (or other solitary room) before anyone could suggest: "Oh, maybe you could put them under the Christmas tree!"

Mine are sitting in my car waiting for me to get out of work.  And no, they will not get anywhere near the underside of my tree.

For me its like this: Im watching TLJ with my Xwing bros at the midnight premiere next week and we will play a 35pt furball beforehand.

There is no way in **** that I will not field a silencer in that Furball.

Before anyone asks: ps3 generic with fcs, autothrusters, title and adv. optics.

5 hours ago, Estarriol said:

I have to unpack mine and dispose of the packaging before my wife asks how much I’ve spent on my new toys!

Same here! My brother and I call it disposing of the evidence!

6 hours ago, Kilrex said:

I walked into the store last night and a bunch of the regulars already had scissors out tearing open their packages.

7 minutes ago, wurms said:

I walked into the store last night and a bunch of the regulars already had scissors out tearing open their packages.

Scissors are for the weak! Jam a finger into the hole where the package hangs from the hook and just rip the back plastic of the package off. Again, something real X-wing fans know/do...

I bought one of each from both of the new waves. When I got home I handed over the bomber and the Silencer to my wife

and told her that I did her Christmas shopping for her, you're welcome. :D

I'm going to go ahead and open all small ones though.

4 hours ago, Kilrex said:

Scissors are for the weak! Jam a finger into the hole where the package hangs from the hook and just rip the back plastic of the package off. Again, something real X-wing fans know/do...

You-Stay-Classy-San-Diego-Anchorman.gif?

I asked for 2 Gunboats, 2 Defenders, 3 TIEs (to be painted with Inferno squadron stripes) and another GR-75 for Christmas to help offset some of the cost of the massive TIE prototype facility Epic Play scenario I’m working on.  We’ll see if I get them.  I don’t care about the Kimo, the shuttle or the bomber.  I might get a Silencer, someday, when there’s enough Resistance and FO ships to field some reasonably-sized Epic squads for both sides.

It is still confusing.

So the last 2 movie TIE Ins were in the same waves as scheduled release that is Wave 8 and Wave 9 but were released at different times. This was split into two different waves and released at same time.

• Same wave = Released at different times:blink:
  • Different waves = Released at the same times:wacko:

Mine showed up today .. thanks miniature market! .. Saturday night is laundry night, but I'll be able to sit and relax and re-watch the force awakens tonight while opening all of the new goodies .. two gunboat, one of each of the others ... plus I had a 25% off coupon for Barnes and noble, so I picked up a second guns for hire .. lots to do tonite!