Lordxeno

Ghoul Question

Yeah, the Ghoul doesn't gain rads but when setting up the player board you still have the rad peg set to zero, so it and the HP peg will meet up there when you take enough damage and "kill" you.

I've only seen the Ghoul in one game but his HP penalty isn't so bad once other players start building up rads they can't get rid of.  The more players "die" the better the Ghoul is in comparison. 

The Super Mutant, on the other hand, has a nasty hidden penalty (certain encounter options being forced) they don't mention on his card that he can't get rid of.  The Ghoul can remove Vilified with the right choices. 

I don't see why he would be too strong, seems like taking enough rads for perma-death on the other characters would be an extremely rare occurence. The reduction in health means he's going to die more often. He could potentially take enough damage to be killed outright from full health even against a level 2 enemy. On a level three enemy he could technically be taken out from full health even with 2 armor.

5 minutes ago, Ou1975 said:

Can the Ghoul get rads? 

If the ghoul would take rads, it would instead heal the amount to its full health pool of 12.

19 hours ago, youngblade13 said:

I am playing this as if ghoul is at full health he will take  rads. but other wise he wont he would be too strong otherwise.

You can play however you want but the most balanced way is to play as intended, 12 health doesn’t last as long as you think.

On 12/7/2017 at 11:06 PM, Daverman said:

Yeah, the Ghoul doesn't gain rads but when setting up the player board you still have the rad peg set to zero, so it and the HP peg will meet up there when you take enough damage and "kill" you.

Which just means that the Ghoul is Killed, so he re sets his health and keeps playing. This pretty much makes the Ghoul player immortal from the elimination effect since his Rads will never rise above zero.

The ghoul is immune to permanent death based on radiation climbing to the level of the starting HP.  

Each other character either starts with a useful item, or in the case of the super mutant has an ability that is alyso powerful.  

I think permanent death would be very rare.  

I think the characters are pretty balanced.  

Played the game a few time, for me, perma-death seems way to rare, highest rads we got from a survivor was at around 8. Which is also the time players are aiming for the E perk to remove all rads.

On 1/15/2018 at 9:56 PM, Myking04 said:

Played the game a few time, for me, perma-death seems way to rare, highest rads we got from a survivor was at around 8. Which is also the time players are aiming for the E perk to remove all rads.

Player elimination shouldn't exist at all in a 2 hour game, imo. I think they designed themselves into a corner with the rads mechanic, but thankfully it doesn't happen often (never seen it myself).