RocketDarth

Dawn of rebellion: what you want discussion thread

I'm interested in the 6 universal specializations and what they bring to the game that's different and unique. I'm looking for any new Force Powers. I'm looking for new weapon and vehicle stats. I'm also interested in some good guidelines for running a game set when the Empire was at the height of their power.

At this point, I just want the book in my hands.

Mechanics-wise, I'm mostly keen on the new universal specializations, just to see what new directions are available to characters.  I'm kinda hoping for something Jedi-themed to reflect Ezra's progression or perhaps tie into a PC being a Jedi refugee much like Kanan and Ahsoka, but I'm not holding my breath.

7 hours ago, DaverWattra said:

Yeah, death trooper stats are my number one thing. I can't decide if I want them to be rivals or the toughest minions in the game.

Both / either / or of course. Rules to maximize their potential and versatility. They should be very close to rivals in stats when in a small group of 2 and when separated they should be classed as rivals. 

As to what I'm waiting on... gear, gear, gear and more gear... which includes vehicles/ships, crystals, armour, weapons... oh, you got the picture long ago... I'll stop beating a tired horse now.

Also looking forward to the new universal specs... I was hoping for one or two in FaD but hey...

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

I really like what they've told us about the retired clone trooper spec so far.   I have high hopes for. The other 5 as well.  I'm hoping for a rule that let's you pick a career and then use a universal spec as a starting spec.

Sounds good but most current universals don't have skills currently so it would only maybe work with the new specs and recruit.

Edited by jayc007

2 hours ago, jayc007 said:

Sounds good but most current universals don't have skills currently so it would only maybe work with the new specs and recruit.

The Fad careers give up skills to provide a force rating.   The force sensitive emergent and exile specs give up career skills to provide a force rating, if you pair either of them with an AoR or EotE career you won't be dar behind a FaD career/spec combo.

2 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

The Fad careers give up skills to provide a force rating.   The force sensitive emergent and exile specs give up career skills to provide a force rating, if you pair either of them with an AoR or EotE career you won't be dar behind a FaD career/spec combo.

I suppose if you took an aor or an eote career and a force sensitive universal AND factored in the insight talent the net skills could be the same... possibly even better since most (All?) specializations have a couple of double ups with their base career. I haven't actually compared each and every career / specialization to count the double up skills? but my stubborn curiosity may end up making me do that now?... thanks for that! ?

I have to add... a smuggler career with a FS emergent spec as the starting spec could be some fun. I love the gambler spec but it's almost a waste buying outside of FaD since you need to pay more plus you don't get further force ratings. Saving that extra 10 xp per tree would be helpful in making up for the loss of force rating.

There are also some FaD specs I'd like for a non FS character so taking an aor or eote career and a FaD spec to start could be cool too... other than the fs talents that would become useless.  

A Soldier executioner or Smuggler shadow as examples. Or for those healers maybe a solder healer medic. Backstory could include growing up in the shadow af a vergence or some such so if the player decided down the road to take the +1 fr it would fit nicely.

Unlinkely, but I would like a revised version of the VCX-100 or one of the universal specs that would allow the currently published one to it be handled more like a sil 4 ship. I'm not looking to restart the debate on the VCX 100. Just would like a smaller and leaner version of the current published one.

7 hours ago, jayc007 said:

I have to add... a smuggler career with a FS emergent spec as the starting spec could be some fun. I love the gambler spec but it's almost a waste buying outside of FaD since you need to pay more plus you don't get further force ratings. Saving that extra 10 xp per tree would be helpful in making up for the loss of force rating.

There are also some FaD specs I'd like for a non FS character so taking an aor or eote career and a FaD spec to start could be cool too... other than the fs talents that would become useless.  

A Soldier executioner or Smuggler shadow as examples. Or for those healers maybe a solder healer medic. Backstory could include growing up in the shadow af a vergence or some such so if the player decided down the road to take the +1 fr it would fit nicely.

If they provided a rule along these lines which I barely dare hope for, I would guess that it would only apply to taking universal specs as the first spec, and the motivation would be to get the universal specs more play.

I want no helicopter lightsabers.

Rules for using jetpacks at personal scale range since rebels does this all the time.  

A ranged fighting infiltrator/spy spec,  with CQB related talents.

On 12/9/2017 at 11:20 AM, EliasWindrider said:

If they provided a rule along these lines which I barely dare hope for, I would guess that it would only apply to taking universal specs as the first spec, and the motivation would be to get the universal specs more play.

While I agree with you that that would most likely be the reasoning and ruling, there is nothing saying that once said hypothetical rule is out a gm couldn't house rule and open it up to other trees as well... course most gms I play with probably wouldn't but hey, it's possible.

17 minutes ago, TEK said:

I want no helicopter lightsabers.

Rules for using jetpacks at personal scale range since rebels does this all the time.  

A ranged fighting infiltrator/spy spec,  with CQB related talents.

Those lightsabers are in Ghosts of Dathomir

41 minutes ago, jayc007 said:

While I agree with you that that would most likely be the reasoning and ruling, there is nothing saying that once said hypothetical rule is out a gm couldn't house rule and open it up to other trees as well... course most gms I play with probably wouldn't but hey, it's possible.

When I was GM (I turned over GMing responsibilities to a former player of mine because of the birth of my first born child 4 months, 17 days, 4 hours and 22 minutes ago) if a player had asked me to do that I would have been fine with it already.  I made 2 home brew specs which I offered up to my players, and one of my players took one.

4 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

While they spin, they don't help you jump or fly which I've heard has happened in Rebels.  So it's unclear to me whether the inquisitor lightsaber counts as a "helicopter" lightsaber.

I always thought that worked as a helicopter because they were in a dark side vergence. They probaby have lots of free dark side to spend.  You never see the helicopter anywhere else but Malachor. 

Edited by Eoen

31 minutes ago, Eoen said:

I always thought that worked as a helicopter because they were in a dark side vergence. They probaby have lots of free dark side to spend.  You never see the helicopter anywhere else but Melicor. 

I don't remember where, but it was confirmed that this was due to the Dark Side vengeance on Malachor, and is not an innate capability of the Inquisitor sabers.

It's also worth mentioning, the frictionless rotation of those sabers is driven by repulsor technology, the same tech used to make droids, crates, and ships in Star Wars hover. So presumably, when the blades are spinning, they produce some sort of anti-grav field that the Inquisitors are taking advantage of. So they aren't using the sabers to fly the same way a helicopter does.

8 hours ago, Underachiever599 said:

I don't remember where, but it was confirmed that this was due to the Dark Side vengeance on Malachor, and is not an innate capability of the Inquisitor sabers.

It's also worth mentioning, the frictionless rotation of those sabers is driven by repulsor technology, the same tech used to make droids, crates, and ships in Star Wars hover. So presumably, when the blades are spinning, they produce some sort of anti-grav field that the Inquisitors are taking advantage of. So they aren't using the sabers to fly the same way a helicopter does.

This whole distinction between fake magic and fake science, in Star Wars of all places, cracks me the **** up.