Klawtu

Someone should probably be fact checking the articles.

So reading the release article for the new pack I came across this line for Fair Accord.

Or, Fair Accord can be used in the middle of a conflict to fuel powerful conflict cards like Charge!   (Core Set, 210) or Raise the Alarm  (For Honor and Glory, 32).

However by just looking at Fair Accord that's obviously not true.

l5c06_fair-accord.png

This isn't even one of the weird multi card interactions that seem to keep being made in error it's just a basic reading of the card. So can we please just get someone to actually read the cards before they post an article giving advise on how to use the cards?

Simple mistake, which indicates a much  more serious problem.

FFG is an incapable company for  the amount of work needed to produce so many games in a quality manner. From printing to understaffing and leaving of game designers, its a matter of time before it starts collapsing. Look at Lotr and SW lcg. The games are falling apart due to reasons mentioned.

Edited by Dovla

34 minutes ago, Dovla said:

FFG is an incapable company for  the amount of work needed to produce so many games in a quality manner. From printing to understaffing and leaving of game designers, its a matter of time before it starts collapsing. Look at Lotr and SW lcg. The games are falling apart due to reasons mentioned.

While it's not a good look and I agree that I think they're understaffed, I will say FFG has always had this issue in their articles. Their minis games have been plagued by this even since the first release of X Wing. I think they just have whatever intern is handy write these product release up quickly.

Many of these errors sound like they are just close enough to the truth, but are weirdly off-base at the same time. It makes me feel like the articles are written with playtest versions of the cards and not the final releases. For example, it certainly sounds like Fair Accord might have been a general action at one point, before playtesting. The same could be true of the Hotaru/Toturi ability confusion back in the day.

On 12/7/2017 at 0:48 PM, Dovla said:

Also, the sky is falling and the end times are near.

The are proofreaders (is that a tittle/position?) that, presumably, missed this by not reading the card prior to the final product that was released (this Fair Accord card), and now the community caught the mistake... what should happen? Seriously, which proofreader didn’t have enough time to read a card that was eventually stamped for production and distribution? (I would wager a large percentage of proofreaders, who are a separate group than play testers, and a separate group than middle managers and upper managers) 

So, I’m pretty sure that this was some kind of outreach by a proofreader at FFG calling out for additional help (in the form of additional bodies) in their department. :D ... If so, what does he get out of it? 

Here’s my guess - He/she is sitting back and laughing out loud at FFG’s decision to print the description of this card onto their website. Yup, this was the plan all along. 

#proofreadersneedhelpFFG  ?

Edited by LordBlunt

14 minutes ago, LordBlunt said:

The are proofreaders (is that a tittle/position?) that, presumably, missed this by not reading the card prior to the final product that was released (this Fair Accord card), and now the community caught the mistake... what should happen? Seriously, which proofreader didn’t have enough time to read a card that was eventually stamped for production and distribution? (I would wager a large percentage of proofreaders, who are a separate group than play testers, and a separate group than middle managers and upper managers) 

So, I’m pretty sure that this was some kind of outreach by a proofreader at FFG calling out for additional help (in the form of additional bodies) in their department. :D ... If so, what does he get out of it? 

Here’s my guess - He/she is sitting back and laughing out loud at FFG’s decision to print the description of this card onto their website. Yup, this was the plan all along. 

#proofreadersneedhelpFFG  ?

Who proofreads the proofreaders?

I've been satisfied with the quality of the game thus far, and as long as it continues to be that way I don't think I'll mind reading this traditional "spot the derpy error" FFG articles. I'm pretty sure that the people who write the online articles aren't involved in the actual development of the game: having read many of their X-Wing articles, there's just too many common-sense errors for it to be an X-Wing developer writing those. I bet that, like many other game companies, FFG has publicists and a PR team, who know how to write good advertising articles but who may or may not understand the games they write about on the same level as a DEV or a dedicated player. Honestly, it would probably be better if they had more experienced people write the articles, but mistakes in the articles don't make the game any worse, so to me it doesn't really matter.

Edited by Mandalore525
Fixed a derpy error in my post about derpy errors.

On 12/7/2017 at 5:00 PM, theaficionado said:

"Spot the error" has become something of a tradition for most of FFG's spoilers.

On the X-Wing boards, I'm pretty sure finding the error is everyone's first goal when a new article goes up.  Only after a winner has been determined do people actually look at what the article was showing off and start discussing that.

17 hours ago, JJ48 said:

On the X-Wing boards, I'm pretty sure finding the error is everyone's first goal when a new article goes up.  Only after a winner has been determined do people actually look at what the article was showing off and start discussing that.

Best one I've seen was the one in the Phantom II article. Not an error, per-se--it was a completely legal action, just a very nonsensical one.

19 hours ago, JJ48 said:

I'd believe it. No offense to any "good" fans here, but it seems like every where I look lately there's "dedicated fans" dumping all over the new movies, books, games, pretty much everything. I don't know if this is something that picked up starting from Force Awakens reactions, or if I was just insulated from that part of the fanbase before. Either way, it doesn't surprise me that the x-wing extension of that demographic has it's share of them. 

13 hours ago, Zesu Shadaban said:

I'd believe it. No offense to any "good" fans here, but it seems like every where I look lately there's "dedicated fans" dumping all over the new movies, books, games, pretty much everything. I don't know if this is something that picked up starting from Force Awakens reactions, or if I was just insulated from that part of the fanbase before. Either way, it doesn't surprise me that the x-wing extension of that demographic has it's share of them. 

Oh, I'm sure there are some bad eggs, but most don't mean any harm by it.  It's just a bit of a running gag, if you will.

45 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Oh, I'm sure there are some bad eggs, but most don't mean any harm by it.  It's just a bit of a running gag, if you will.

This gag can be run all the way back to the AEG releases.  I can clearly remember playing spot the Typo/Error in my 1st Edition L5R and 7th Sea RPG books.  Usually had the first one by page 6 in most cases.

Maybe FFG should implement something like Marvel's No Prize. Back in the day, if you spotted an error in a Marvel Comic and wrote them about it, they'd send you an envelope containing your No Prize (IE an empty envelope). Maybe if we email FFG about errors we see, they could email us a No Prize (IE an empty email).