Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HammerGibbens

Kylo in TLJ Trailer

Recommended Posts

I've watched the TLJ trailer a couple of times now. There's a scene where Kylo in his Silencer is approaching what appears to be a capital ship with Leia aboard. He appears conflicted about attacking the ship.

 

The obvious first thought is that it's because Leia is his mother. The more I think about it however, it becomes obvious that he's conflicted about attacking an opponent that actually fielded a Leia crew upgrade :P.

 

Have you ever been in that situation where you're blown away by what's on the other side of the table? What were they fielding?? Not just bad stuff, but interesting combos as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure the scene's in the trailer with Kylo being conflicted and Leia looking... whatever that look is meant to convey are connected. If Kylo is about to deliver a lethal blow I would assume the crew members behind Leia would have a bit more hustle in their step.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, HammerGibbens said:

I've watched the TLJ trailer a couple of times now. There's a scene where Kylo in his Silencer is approaching what appears to be a capital ship with Leia aboard. He appears conflicted about attacking the ship.

He's conflicted about attacking because he know his mom has all his Darth Vader memorabilia on that ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what we kind of know about Leia's and Han's relationship and why it failed is because Han was often gone still doing his "thing". So it kind of makes sense that Leia was more involved in raising Ben and not Han. So Kylo killing his father might not be as hard of a choice as killing his mother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys do know this might be the scenes edited because of Carrie’s death right? Movie plots aside, Miss Fisher is no longer with us and they made changes to the movie because of it. It is 100% guranteed Leia does not survive this movie and it’s a convient plot point to have Kylo do it. If he does not do it though someone else will. It won’t surprise me in the least if Kylo is the assassin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

You guys do know this might be the scenes edited because of Carrie’s death right? Movie plots aside, Miss Fisher is no longer with us and they made changes to the movie because of it. It is 100% guranteed Leia does not survive this movie and it’s a convient plot point to have Kylo do it. If he does not do it though someone else will. It won’t surprise me in the least if Kylo is the assassin.

I'm pretty sure they said she'd filmed some scenes for Ep 9 before she died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

I'm pretty sure they said she'd filmed some scenes for Ep 9 before she died.

Yes and they also said they changed some of those scenes after her passing.

As for the CG fisher, first the method they use requires the actual actor they just cg the face, secondly you go right ahead and produce a cg image of a character whose actor just died because you are too lazy to honor the memory and change your movie, see how fans that loved her react to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Yes and they also said they changed some of those scenes after her passing.

As for the CG fisher, first the method they use requires the actual actor they just cg the face, secondly you go right ahead and produce a cg image of a character whose actor just died because you are too lazy to honor the memory and change your movie, see how fans that loved her react to that.

wow man, calm down, it was a joke after how the Tarkin/Leia CG was received for Rogue one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

didnt they say all the shooting one when she died? there just wasnmt any editing or cgi yet? 

Yes, the movie was done. But her death forced them to reshoot the movie. 

I actually kinda hope they release the original and the actual versions so we can see what it could yave been like.

Edited by BadMotivator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm much more worried we'll get a scene that is analogous to Poe's X-Wing rampage in TFA:
Poe Kills 10 Ties and 3 Stromtroopers in 16 Seconds

 

Boy, that sure makes Wedge and Luke and Han and Lando look like complete chump losers when it comes to piloting.  Because, you know, there is no other way for the filmmakers to convey to us, the viewer, that Poe is a good pilot other than cramming it down our throats with that 'god-mode' scene while also having another character scream "That's one **** of a pilot!" at the same time, in case we were too stupid to process what we were seeing unfold. 


So I'm worried we'll get a similarly short and fast sequence in TLJ where we'll basically watch Kylo solo a variety of capital ships and fighters in the Resistance fleet with his TIE Silencer.  In fact, I'd be surprised if we didn't get a such a scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smutpedler said:

I felt conflicted about Dengar one-shotting my opponents A-Wings a few months ago. 

That's funny, because even before the nerf I took out out Dengar/Nym a few months back with 5 Tie bombers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

I'm much more worried we'll get a scene that is analogous to Poe's X-Wing rampage in TFA:
Poe Kills 10 Ties and 3 Stromtroopers in 16 Seconds

Boy, that sure makes Wedge and Luke and Han and Lando look like complete chump losers when it comes to piloting. 

It's my understanding that the original screenplay and script for The Force Awakens had the POE character dying in the stolen TIE/SF crash on Jakku. I think there was some disagreement on how that played into the story and the actor Oscar Isaac was a super-likeable character in their estimation, so they rewrote his demise into a survival story. I could care less about the character one way or another, he was fine as an actor I guess. However, the fact that they tried to make him super-pilot who easily eclipses Wedge and Luke and makes military pilots in the First Order seem overly inept is downright expired stupid sauce that's on sale. 

Edited by clanofwolves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sephlar said:

That's funny, because even before the nerf I took out out Dengar/Nym a few months back with 5 Tie bombers.

Poor chap hadn't played since wave 4 and had no idea of the **** I was about to unleash on him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

It's my understanding that the original screenplay and script for The Force Awakens had the POE character dying in the stolen TIE/SF crash on Jakku. I think there was some disagreement on how that played into the story and the actor Oscar Isaac was a super-likeable character in their estimation, so they rewrote his demise into a survival story. I could care less about the character one way or another, he was fine as an actor I guess. However, the fact that they tried to make him super-pilot who easily eclipses Wedge and Luke and makes military pilots in the First Order seem overly inept is downright expired stupid sauce that's on sale. 

In the audiobook/novel there is a whole scene describing Poe getting through the desert, so I dont know if that was written before of after the script. I dont understand how he crash, got ejected from the ship to a distance that Finn wasnt able to find/see him, yet Poe survived. I mean, he went through the front viewport, which even if it was just glass, that is a heck of an impact.

I think they could have had some mystery with the Poe shooting Ties sequence and not shown him in the cockpit, then we see who the great pilot was when they all land back at base and boom, there is Poe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, clanofwolves said:

It's my understanding that the original screenplay and script for The Force Awakens had the POE character dying in the stolen TIE/SF crash on Jakku. I think there was some disagreement on how that played into the story and the actor Oscar Isaac was a super-likeable character in their estimation, so they rewrote his demise into a survival story. I could care less about the character one way or another, he was fine as an actor I guess. However, the fact that they tried to make him super-pilot who easily eclipses Wedge and Luke and makes military pilots in the First Order seem overly inept is downright expired stupid sauce that's on sale. 

God forbid anybody ever be as good as or better than the benchmark pilots for the last nearly forty years, sheesh.

Let's not forget this guy grew up with one of the Force Trees or something, in his back yard and his mother, Shara, flat out owned an A-Wing.

Poe has every reason to be a very good pilot. He's been flying since his parents would let him, which was probably really early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Lackwit said:

God forbid anybody ever be as good as or better than the benchmark pilots for the last nearly forty years, sheesh.

Let's not forget this guy grew up with one of the Force Trees or something, in his back yard and his mother, Shara, flat out owned an A-Wing.

Poe has every reason to be a very good pilot. He's been flying since his parents would let him, which was probably really early.

And let’s not forget that flying an Endor A-wing, assuming that’s what Shera owns, took considerable skill. I mean, I believe it’s said somewhere that they were prone to spinning out if you weren’t careful. If this was what Poe learned to fly in, I could see him be at least as good as Wedge, if not better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×