Jump to content
Kylor238

Star Wars Sith Troopers

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

I'm new and this is the first time I have ever posted on a forum before, so I am unsure if this is the right place for me to post this sort of stuff.

I recently started a campaign that has a little bit to do with a new Sith Empire (I kind of follow my own continuity). I made up some stats for some of them. I wanted to get an idea from other gamemasters on possible changes I can make and whether the stats make sense from an EU standpoint.

So, fellow gamemasters, what do you think?

 

Sith Trooper (Minion – Human)

Brawn

Agility

Intellect

Cunning

Willpower

Presence

3

3

2

2

3

2

Soak

Wound Threshold

Defense

5

8

1

Skills (Group Only): Discipline, Melee, Perception, Ranged (Heavy),

Equipment: Sith Assault Carbine (Ranged [Heavy], Damage 9, Critical 3, Range [Medium], Stun Setting), Sith Laminate Armor (+2 soak, +1 defense), Sith Energy Shield (+1 defense vs energy weapons and sonic weapons [stacks]), Vibrosword (Melee, Damage +2, Critical 2, Range [Engaged], Defensive 1, Pierce 2, Vicious 1), Z2 Stun Baton (Melee, Damage +2, Critical 6, Range [Engaged], Disorient 2, Stun Damage)

 

 

Sith Commando (Rival – Human)

Brawn

Agility

Intellect

Cunning

Willpower

Presence

4

3

2

3

3

2

Soak

Wound Threshold

Defense

6

16

2

Skills: Discipline 1, Melee 2, Perception 1, Ranged (Heavy) 2

Talents: Barrage, Spare Clip, Toughened,

Abilities: Tactical Direction (spend maneuver to direct one Sith Trooper minion group within medium range. The group may perform an immediate free maneuver or add +1 Boost die to their next check)

Equipment: Sith Light Repeating Blaster (Ranged [Heavy], Damage 11, Critical 3, Range [Long], Auto-fire, Cumbersome 4, Pierce 1), Vibrosword (Melee, Damage +2, Critical 2, Range [Engaged], Defensive 1, Pierce 2, Vicious 1), Sith Heavy Armor (+2 soak, +2 defense, +1 lightsaber soak and defense), Sith Energy Shield (+1 defense vs energy and sonic weapons)

 

More coming soon. Thanks all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wound threshold of 8 is pretty darned high for a minion, and do they really need that many weapons as standard? Assuming that the shield is the kind you hold in your hand, it wont be usable in ranged combat with the carbine for the most part, and has no benefit in close combat with the baton or sword. I'd stick with the carbine, with either sword or baton as backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the feedback. I made the following changes to the Sith Trooper. . . Wound Threshold from 8 to 5.

Most of the information I used came from the wiki http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_trooper

The Sith Energy Shield isn't an actual physical shield that is used, more like a gauntlet.  

Here's another Sith soldier that might be useful for people.

Sith Grenadiers (Minion – Human)

Brawn

Agility

Intellect

Cunning

Willpower

Presence

3

3

2

2

3

2

Soak

Wound Threshold

Defense

5

5

1

Skills (Group Only): Athletics, Discipline, Ranged (Light), Resilience,

Equipment: Sith Blaster Pistol (Ranged [Light], Damage 6, Critical 3, Range [Medium], Stun Setting), 2 Frag Grenades (Ranged [Light], Damage 8, Critical 4, Range [Short], Blast 6, Limited Ammo 1), 2 Concussive Granades (Ranged [Light], Damage 10, Critical 5, Range [Short], Blast 8, Concussive 2, Disorient 5, Limited Ammo), 1 Thermal Detonator (Ranged [Light], Damage 20, Critical 2, Range [Short], Blast 15, Breach 1, Vicious 4, Limited Ammo 1), Sith Laminate Armor (+2 soak, +1 defense), Sith Energy Shield (+1 defense vs energy and sonic weapons)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, i'm a new GM and i'm planning on using the Sith in my first campaign, I love the three that you have here so far, but i was wondering if you had any different Sith troopers stats made up (for Ex. Sith Elite Gunners, Sith wranglers, Sith advanced Trooper, and Sith guardsmen). I would love to have more of a variety to use in my campaign, especially the wrangler because one of my PC's is a Wrangler for his character. I know its been a while since this page has been updated, that is why I ask. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2017 at 5:04 PM, Kylor238 said:

Sith Grenadiers (Minion – Human)

 

Brawn

Agility

Intellect

Cunning

Willpower

Presence

3

3

2

2

3

2

Soak

Wound Threshold

Defense

5

5

1

Skills (Group Only): Athletics, Discipline, Ranged (Light), Resilience,

Equipment: Sith Blaster Pistol (Ranged [Light], Damage 6, Critical 3, Range [Medium], Stun Setting), 2 Frag Grenades (Ranged [Light], Damage 8, Critical 4, Range [Short], Blast 6, Limited Ammo 1), 2 Concussive Granades (Ranged [Light], Damage 10, Critical 5, Range [Short], Blast 8, Concussive 2, Disorient 5, Limited Ammo), 1 Thermal Detonator (Ranged [Light], Damage 20, Critical 2, Range [Short], Blast 15, Breach 1, Vicious 4, Limited Ammo 1), Sith Laminate Armor (+2 soak, +1 defense), Sith Energy Shield (+1 defense vs energy and sonic weapons)

 

 

There's a grenade launcher that can hold six grenades. It's a decent weapon for a dedicated space fantasy grenadier and makes more sense than a guy chucking things with his arm out of a bag of bombs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

There's a grenade launcher that can hold six grenades. It's a decent weapon for a dedicated space fantasy grenadier and makes more sense than a guy chucking things with his arm out of a bag of bombs.

I may be wrong, but I think Kylor is basing these off the various enemy NPCs from KoTOR. And the 'Sith Grenadier' from that did in fact throw the grenades rather than use a launcher. (Mainly because there were no grenade launchers in KoTOR.)

That being said, based on how far those guys could toss those grenades, the Strong Arm talent seems like a fitting addition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 10:56 PM, HappyDaze said:

There's a grenade launcher that can hold six grenades. It's a decent weapon for a dedicated space fantasy grenadier and makes more sense than a guy chucking things with his arm out of a bag of bombs.

That Grenade Launcher would be great for Rival level enemies, but if you give a full minion group those, you'd better be prepared for your whole PC crew to rock the world with them later. Picking up enemy weapons to blow up more enemies is always fair game in Star Wars, after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Silim said:

That Grenade Launcher would be great for Rival level enemies, but if you give a full minion group those, you'd better be prepared for your whole PC crew to rock the world with them later. Picking up enemy weapons to blow up more enemies is always fair game in Star Wars, after all.

Grenades are a great way for players to shoot off credits while doing no more damage overall than they can with blaster rifles (and far less than they can do with modified blaster rifles). With a few exceptions, grenades in this game are fairly poor weapons unless targeting minion groups, and even then, auto-fire weapons are often better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...