Sign in to follow this  
Averagejo3gam3r

Bare minimum tourney essentials?

Just noticed my city is hosting a regionals in a few months. Between myself and two of my buddies, we own all IA boxes and ally/villain packs. To participate in a tourney, what would the bare essentials that all three of us would have to own/bring?

Well you need the dice, the figures/cards, point counter, tokens, command deck and the game tiles/play mat for all 3 maps that will be played at the event. You might squeak by on the map thing since technically everyone brings the maps so there are extra copies. As long as your list and command deck is legal you are good. Your list doesn't have to be tier 1, so you don't need to go doubling down on Jabba's but you shouldn't run Vader without his new upgrade since it is a regional.

1 hour ago, nickv2002 said:

People were just talking about this in the main area:

Besides the stuff they mention you probably want a copy of Negation for each player which is part of the Hoth Box.

Who needs Negation when you can run Comms Disruption

1 hour ago, nickv2002 said:

People were just talking about this in the main area:

Besides the stuff they mention you probably want a copy of Negation for each player which is part of the Hoth Box.

He asked about the bare essentials that he needs to participate for 3 guys. "Bare essentials" and "probably want [3 copies of something from a $60 add-on]" are two very different things. 

It sounds like you just want to go be a part of the action for a day and get some swag, **** the odds. As someone already said you need a 40 points of models, their cards, dice, 15 command cards, etc. The maps are the expensive part but if your opponents all bring them you're fine.

The map tiles were what I was worried about.  We all three have competitive lists (any list that starts with IG++bantha+eWeequays is gonna do work).  I was afraid I wouldn't be qualified to play unless I bought all the expansions. 

Which expansions are are needed for the map tiles?  Jabba and what else?

8 minutes ago, Averagejo3gam3r said:

The map tiles were what I was worried about.  We all three have competitive lists (any list that starts with IG++bantha+eWeequays is gonna do work).  I was afraid I wouldn't be qualified to play unless I bought all the expansions. 

Until the next rotation (more than likely) brings in HotE, just Jabba and core tiles

I’d call the store and ask how strict they’re going to be about the maps. You can also print one of pdf files that are somewhere on here for cheap. Bring your set of tiles, but I’d put the pieces you need in a bag (build them all beforehand just to be sure—some have mislabeled tiles listed).

-ryanjamal 

2 hours ago, Averagejo3gam3r said:

Like @ryanjamalmentioned above, if map tiles may be an issue look into printing the maps from the thread below. @nickv2002 has a file with the current rotation maps, so you can get an extra copy of all 3 maps you’ll use for just a couple bucks per map. I still bring my bagged up map tiles if I’m going to a tourney at a new store just in case, but haven’t had any issues yet. 

Edited by Fightwookies

I would say you'd need a copy of each map whether it be tiles or a vinyl. Although, I know FFG and Asmodee do not want the non-official maps being promoted, like if the tournament wants to stream or record and show games.  

If you bring tiles, I highly recommend you check out https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AANjJToIP4cDV0M&id=8211CF6B14E49D50!313&cid=8211CF6B14E49D50

from @thereisnotry

These are the shanizzle and will make life a little easier. 

Otherwise, here's what I bring:

All deployment cards and figures (properly marked if not painted) 

15 command cards worth 15 points total

4 mission tokens (I bring yellow)

8 crates tokens

2 terminal tokens

4 doors

Enough Damage tokens for assuming most of my squad bites the dust

Activation tokens (I hate turning the cards due to space issues that are often present)

2 of each dice (1 clear green one that acts as my "focus")

Enough hidden, weakened, stunned, bleeding, focus, power tokens (surge, damage, block, surge cancel) for my squad

I think that's it. 

Edited by NeverBetTheFett