Aelitafrommars

New expansion again!! "Sanctum of twilight"

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/12/6/sanctum-of-twilight/

:o

It seems the new restraint token might help ranged weapons come into their right element,  and help investigators evade, ignore and run from monsters or focus on something else briefly

Edited by Aelitafrommars

I know! Quite startled by this so quickly.  Had vaguely thought that DLC would have issued forth instead for a short while. Still More maps and more boards - and more cityscape by the looks of it. Arkham does grow in fits and starts. 

Personally i'm hoping for the Arctic expansion one day..where we get tiles of nothing but white :)

Lily looks surprisingly good. Looks like there are only 2 new investigators though. Not really excited for Charlie. Influence seems to me a mediocre skill line at best. Str, Will, and Agi are where it's at.

Edited by Soakman

With these new scenarios that will take the official list to 15, not too shabby. We just need a few more DLC based ones and it helps the replay value as you can take time to cycle back to ones previously played. Apparently the homebrew Valkyerie based ones are quite ok too. 

Exciting news! This looks like it will be within the price range of Beyond the Threshold, with a couple of investigators, one monster and a few tiles I'd say. 

At this rate I'm going to need a new shelf to store all the Expansions for Mansions of Madness! (Not complaining :) ). 

3 hours ago, Samea said:

Will this be a pattern — big box for Halloween, small box early in the next year?

I hope so.  I like the "1 small + 1 big expansion" per year model they've used for EH, and I'd like to see them use it for MoM.  They could maybe spread them out a little differently so we don't have an eleven month gap in between the small and large, though.  

Edited by KBlumhardt

Cool, I really need to get everything painted before this is released!
Is that just a new model for the "witch" monster? If so, makes sense. I remember I was a bit surprised at the current witch model, probably due to just having read about Brown Jenkins.

I'm still vainly hoping for some scenarios that uses those super-cool hospital/asylum tiles you got with the expansions based on the first ed content. I understand the issue of the market being a tiny bit smaller if some expansions are required for a DLC, but really, it's odd with a Lovecraft horror game that has no single scenario that take place in an asylum/hospital. Perfect place for maniacs and zombies! (They instead seem to enjoy the cemetery, but how can they be fresh enough in a place like that?!) :/

Edited by totgeboren

@totgeboren
"In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative. It is an unfortunate fact that the bulk of humanity is too limited in its mental vision to weigh with patience and intelligence those isolated phenomena, seen and felt only by a psychologically sensitive few, which lie outside its common experience. Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal; that all things appear as they do only by virtue of the delicate individual physical and mental media through which we are made conscious of them; but the prosaic materialism of the majority condemns as madness the flashes of super-sight which penetrate the common veil of obvious empiricism." 
^_^

51 minutes ago, totgeboren said:

Is that just a new model for the "witch" monster? If so, makes sense. I remember I was a bit surprised at the current witch model, probably due to just having read about Brown Jenkins.

It looks to me like it says "Wraith", and the picture in the token has them coming out of a grave/coffin.

I'm supper grateful for all the expatiation and support we get with this game, but i'm really really wanting some kind of campaign box, I love the scenarios, but I really want a campaign box it would be so epic, I know people says to play the LCG for that, but I tired it and was really disappointed its just not for me, so I really hope to get some kind of campaign for this game.

On 12/11/2017 at 5:07 AM, Julia said:

There's a campaign format implemented in the coming Masks of Nyarlathotep expansion for Eldritch Horror that maybe could help surviving the absence of campaigns for Mansions?

Or if you are looking for more concrete narrative, you could try the living card game if you are into those at all. Once you learn how to play, the mechanics are pretty solid and it is a campaign type game with continuing and branching story.

Couldn't resist, I saw a small discount opportunity and took it.

Really excited, eventhough I still have to play a few other scenarios as well as multiple times. As mentioned before, the mini's look really good.
A lot better compared to some of the mini's from Recurring Nightmares and Supressed Memories, some of the characters are looking like they'll break their legs while falling backwards...

Very excited to see this! The moving tile elements seem like a cool new feature for this one, and I agree with above commenters, Lily Chen seems bad-***, that is a great special ability. I do hope FFG is able to put out some DLC in between this and future box expansions, the more the better!