• OS-1 Arsenal Loadout
    • Ion Pulse Missiles
    • Scrambler Missiles
    • Long Range Scanners

For a 5-ship endurance-heavy force:

• Nu Squadron Pilot
    • XG-1 Assault Configuration
    • Jamming Beam

What about A-Slam Karsabi with Yorr close to Slam, Stress to remove weapons disabled, pass stress to Yorr, TL, Harpoon? 

Not sure how competitive it would be, but I want to make ordinance Karsabi work. Probably not going to be as great as HLC on Karsabi though. 

I'm struggling to come up with a decent OS-1 build that is still able to attack every round. It's coming down a bit to not having a great range 1 attack and a lack of focus tokens. 

Adv SLAM Kar might work on its own without even needing Yorr, but it really needs an FAQ. I'd say get that checked out with your TO then come back to what you can do to make it work. 

It might, but the timing looks like the stress from removing the weapons disabled would come before the free action, because the weapons disabled comes immediately after your slam maneuver. 

17 minutes ago, LHyoda said:

It might, but the timing looks like the stress from removing the weapons disabled would come before the free action, because the weapons disabled comes immediately after your slam maneuver. 

There is no such thing as "immediately" (per the FAQ). So if both instances happen after executing a maneuver, you choose the order. SLAM, do AdvSlam action, receive weapons disabled, remove it and Yorr takes stress.

I've been trying to work on several lists. I have a thread going over here with my initial thoughts.

I also have this one:

Major Stridan (32)
Fire-Control System (2)
Weapons Engineer (3)
Kylo Ren (3)
Targeting Synchronizer (3)

Rho Squadron Veteran (21)
Snap Shot (2)
Ion Pulse Missiles (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
Os-1 Arsenal Loadout (2)

Snap Shot (2)
Ion Pulse Missiles (3)
Guidance Chips (0)
Os-1 Arsenal Loadout (2)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Or if you want a chance to use a tractor beam:

Major Stridan (32)
Fire-Control System (2)
Weapons Engineer (3)
Kylo Ren (3)
Targeting Synchronizer (3)

Snap Shot (2)
Ion Pulse Missiles (3)
Tractor Beam (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
XG-1 Assault Configuration (1)

Snap Shot (2)
Ion Pulse Missiles (3)
Tractor Beam (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
XG-1 Assault Configuration (1)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Edited by jwilliamson12

29 minutes ago, wurms said:

There is no such thing as "immediately" (per the FAQ). So if both instances happen after executing a maneuver, you choose the order. SLAM, do AdvSlam action, receive weapons disabled, remove it and Yorr takes stress.

Slam:To SLAM, choose and execute a maneuver on the ship's dial. The chosen maneuver must be the same speed as the maneuver that ship executed this round. Then assign that ship a weapons disabled token. (Kar triggering here) 

A Slam: After performing a SLAM action, if you did not overlap an obstacle or another ship, you may perform a free action on your action bar.

The way it reads looks like all of a SLAM action has to resolve before an A slam action can happen, so I don't see how they could happen simultaneously. Kar's ability would trigger when receiving the token, so he would be stressed at the end of the Slam action and before the A slam triggers. 

@LHyoda, it is up for debate because of the sentence structure for the SLAM reference card and lack of FAQ. 

Sentence 1, how to SLAM, "To SLAM, choose and execute a maneuver on the ship's dial." 

You have now performed a SLAM by the wording of that clause and adv. slam would trigger here. 

Sentence 2, restrictions on SLAM, "The chosen maneuver must be the same speed as the maneuver that ship executed this round."

This is clearly a limitation of the speed of the SLAM and not what is a part of the SLAM action. This division is important for sentence 3. 

Sentence 3, consequences of SLAM, "Then assign that ship a weapons disabled token."

Here is where Lt. Kar's ability would happen, following the weapons disabled token.

The division of clauses (what to do, limitations, after effects) would lean towards adv. SLAM working in the middle of this chain of events. PTL is worded similarly (how to trigger, what to do, after effects) and since the action from PTL can trigger additional actions before the stress comes in (such as a TAP pushing for a target lock, then performing an evade off that action), we not only have a reasonable reading, but a commonly accepted precedence of a similar ability. It's not ironclad and is certainly up to your local TO to decide, but it does at least make the choice murky. 

Ah, that makes more sense. I was reading it as literally the following text is a Slam action, not considering just the maneuver side could be the action. Similar to how Kanan crew and Inertial Dampeners play out timing wise where the stress would happen after the trigger window for Kanan.  

After playing Kar and slamming Harpoon Missiles, I really hope A slam works on him, because that was a lot of fun. 

I haven't seen anyone try for the unguided rockets yet.  What about this:

Nu Squadron Pilot (18)
Unguided Rockets (2)
Advanced SLAM (2)
Os-1 Arsenal Loadout (2)

Total: 24

Advance slam allows you to grab that TL to make sure you can shoot thanks to the title restriction.  At only 24 you could have 4, but I was think more like a pair and a strong ace (*cough* Kylo *cough*).  Was thinking of upping to the Rho for the EPT, but no real stand out choices (maybe crack shot) due to unguided rockets lack of mod ability.  There is the thought of PTL for a TL and a focus, but I would probably only do that to a named Gunboat.

Thoughts?

Edited by Rolotamasi

6 hours ago, Rolotamasi said:

I haven't seen anyone try for the unguided rockets yet.

Unguided rockets require a focus to fire, not a target lock. However, you are required to have a target lock to use OS-1 after SLAMing or reloading. You would either need an extra means to acquire that focus if you wanted it on the joust (or skip SLAMing), as well as hoping your SLAM got you in range to do your target lock in the first place. That's possibly why it isn't a very popular build. 

Rho Rho Your Boat (100)

Rho Squadron Veteran — Alpha-class Star Wing 21
Deadeye 1
Harpoon Missiles 4
Guidance Chips 0
Os-1 Arsenal Loadout 2
Ship Total: 28

Deadeye 1
Harpoon Missiles 4
Guidance Chips 0
Os-1 Arsenal Loadout 2

Major Stridan — Upsilon-class Shuttle 32
Advanced Sensors 3
Fleet Officer 3
Systems Officer 2
Engine Upgrade 4
Ship Total: 44

If you are stingy about spending TLs you can fire harpoon almost every turn. 

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v4!c=100!269:19,-1,243:61:25:U.-1,U.-1;269:19,-1,243:61:25:U.-1,U.-1;227:43,95,183,-1,-1:-1:3:&sn=Rho Rho Your Boat&obs=coreasteroid0,coreasteroid1,coreasteroid2

2 hours ago, Real Gary Ball said:

Rho Rho Your Boat (100)

Deadeye 1
Harpoon Missiles 4
Guidance Chips 0
Os-1 Arsenal Loadout 2

deadeye doesnt work with OS-1

24 minutes ago, wurms said:

deadeye doesnt work with OS-1

I’m running VI on one of my lists. Get to move after most generics and a slew of names pilots (Kanan,Lowhhrick etc). Helps set up SLAM/Adv SLAM+TL.

Edited by jwilliamson12

18 minutes ago, Real Gary Ball said:

Deadeye works just fine if you don't have a weapons disable token. Use it on the initial approach and any where you didn't have to reload/slam.

With only a single missile, you're either reloading or trying to break away every round. You might use deadeye twice over the course of a game

37 minutes ago, Jimbawa said:

With only a single missile, you're either reloading or trying to break away every round. You might use deadeye twice over the course of a game

Besides, with TL’s, if you use something like Harpoon missiles that don’t require you to spend the lock, you can reload next turn and fire again.

Cannon builds are seeming stronger than ordnance builds, so you'd probably build Kar like you would a Rho, maybe with adv slam and wired. Adv SLAM builds depend a bit on how your TO rules SLAM working with his ability until we get an FAQ. You could probably drop Linked to save points unless you feel like doubling up on reroll abilities. 

Agreed that barring any stress-hoovering shenanigans, wired and a cannon sounds like the best build; being able to discard a weapons disabled token is huge for cannons (because it allows any cannon to fire) but not for missiles (because you still need your lock to fire most of them and you could have fired them with OS-1, which is cheaper than upgrading a Rho Squadron to Karsabi.

If I wanted a unique missileboat, I'd probably look more to Vynder, who gets an agility boost when reloading as well as when SLAMing.

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:16 PM, jwilliamson12 said:

Besides, with TL’s, if you use something like Harpoon missiles that don’t require you to spend the lock, you can reload next turn and fire again.

Which does cost you on punch, of course. Guidance Chips go a long way to making up for this, but then you need to figure out how you're getting a lock in the first place, and keep your nose pointed 'this side towards enemy' with only a hard turn at your disposal.

1 hour ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Agreed that barring any stress-hoovering shenanigans, wired and a cannon sounds like the best build; being able to discard a weapons disabled token is huge for cannons (because it allows any cannon to fire) but not for missiles (because you still need your lock to fire most of them and you could have fired them with OS-1, which is cheaper than upgrading a Rho Squadron to Karsabi.

If I wanted a unique missileboat, I'd probably look more to Vynder, who gets an agility boost when reloading as well as when SLAMing.

Which does cost you on punch, of course. Guidance Chips go a long way to making up for this, but then you need to figure out how you're getting a lock in the first place, and keep your nose pointed 'this side towards enemy' with only a hard turn at your disposal.

So, I took a few gunboats to a tournament yesterday alongside Quickdraw.  And, man. I had a rough time with them. Unfortunately went 0-3 in the tournament. I think like you said, Vynder would have been great over a generic. But I'm pretty convinced Cannon gunboats will overall be better than missile gunboats.

7 hours ago, Jimbawa said:

Cannon builds are seeming stronger than ordnance builds, so you'd probably build Kar like you would a Rho, maybe with adv slam and wired. Adv SLAM builds depend a bit on how your TO rules SLAM working with his ability until we get an FAQ. You could probably drop Linked to save points unless you feel like doubling up on reroll abilities. 

I cant for the life of me figure out what interaction needs an FAQ with Kar and advanced slam.