Rabobankrider

Star Wars: Kings of Nar Shaddaa (IC)

Usshkr sees an opening when the droid goes for the overhead attack and instead of defending goes for a attack at its head once more. Again a loud bang of metal clashing on metal could be heard in the arena, this time the punch cracked the glass covering over its "eyes" surely that would give it trouble in landing its next attack.

Posted (edited)

HU-1K grabs the Trandoshan by its shoulders and swings it around slamming it face first into the cage, before raising his fists and slamming them down on the trandoshan’s head giving him a slight ringing in his head which would hamper his ability to fight.

Edited by SHADOWGUARD CHAMPION

Usshkr got back up as quick as he could and swiped at Droid. His claws got caught on some wire in the process and the wires were severed. The droid seemed to recoil slightly whatever it was it was important.

Posted (edited)

HU-1K stumbles back, some power cords had been cut significantly hindering his abilities, so he struck out and grabbed one of the arms of his foe and crushed it as he threw the Trandoshan to the other side of the ring.

Edited by SHADOWGUARD CHAMPION

Usshkr grabbed at his now broken arm, but he was still determined to fight he got back to his feet and slashed at the droid again. The attacks weren't quite as effective without both of his arms working at 100%, the best he could do was make it difficult for the droid to hit back.

Hetaera prances her way around the outside of the ring, cheering enthusiastically when Usshkr strikes a blow, booing and cringing when he is struck in return. 

They're giving the crowd an impressive fight, I'll give 'em that.. but I can make it memorable! Usshkr won't appreciate me interfering, and potentially endangering myself.. but the droid has his hands full..  

The Twi'lek readies her whip, a wicked grin on her face, as she waits for her opening..

As Jace talks, the scarred Weequay would sneer in the face of the man. 'If you wander into the wrong part of town, you best be ready to face the consequences. There would be a round of low menacing laughter from his buddies. They would go to removed from their coats a variety of knives, pipes and chains. Their leader would remove a pistol from a shoulder holster, letting it hang at his side. 

However, as they look like they're about to strike, Giz would set up his lie to the group. It would seem to work as well. The Weequay would glance at their companions, unsure of what to do next. The scarred leader would look unsure as to what to do as well. He'd look down at the Chadra-Fa, perplexion on his face. 'You, you work for Slogo? Well if you do, you should now better then to just wander up to people asking questions'. He'd wave to the road with his pistol as he looks at the pair. 'If you leave now maybe you can keep your bones from getting broken'. It was clear he didn't want to cross a Hutt, but didn't want to lose face either. 

Meanwhile, Meetan would wave to Shura with one hand, gesturing for her to follow him into the building. For a small structure, it was loaded almost to the brim with row upon row of data banks. The faint blue light pulsed gently, holding their secrets safe from the outside world. Meetan would smile with excitement as he crouched in front of the one the ceiling to floor storage units. He'd poke carefully at on of the data pads with a finger. 'What do you reckon all this stuff is?' he'd ask Shura. 

In the fight club, the crowd was going ballistic watching this fight. It was brutal and chaotic and it was exactly what they were paying for. Money was being passed from person to person as fast as lighting as bets were placed. 

"...All right. Thanks for the advice. I'll leave you to your game."

It could have gone horribly, but Giz gave a way out. Jace was ready to fight but sometimes, it was wiser to back off.

"Let's go, then." Jace said, motioning Giz to follow him away from the group and back to the truck.

Jace made sure that the doors were closed and locked before speaking.

"Guess he didn't know anything. Good thing you were there, Giz. So, you still need to help track your target, or have some time to meet up with Leto and Re'peek?"

Hetaera sees her opportunity, and lashes out with her whip: Zznapt!! 

The whip snaps, but misses its mark, wrapping around a post instead. The battle droid trips over it, but that just yanks the startled Twi'lek into the ring! 

All part of the show, Het.. she tells herself, hoping the audience will feel the same way.. not too sure about this crowd, though..  

Correcting a minor wardrobe malfunction, she puts on a smile as she retracts her whip, and winks at the nonplussed Trandoshan. While her failed attack had nearly gone unnoticed by HU-1K, her tumble into the ring most certainly did not! "Just look at him- he's positively green with envy!"

Description Melee from Short Range w/ whip (destiny flip, double-aim)
Results 2eP+2eB+2eD: 2 failures, 1 advantage [2eP=-, S/A] [2eB=S, -] [2eD=F/F, F/F]
p--.pngp-s-a.pngb-s.pngb--.pngd-f-f.pngd-f-f.png

Copy pasta: link bbcode

• Double-aim from consecutive turns, leading up to her attack
  • Maneuver to engage (yanked into the ring)
  • 2nd Maneuver Distracting Behavior (suffer 3 Strain, HU-1K suffers 1 Threat on actions until start of next turn)
  • I'll pass a Boost to Usshkr

Posted (edited)

"If that Sssword touchesss the Girl I will tear you apart LIMB from LIMB!!" Usshkr seemingly enraged attacks with a flurry of blows toward the massive Droid. His attacks while they did not hit with enough force to damage the droid were numerous and fast enough to push it towards the corner of the ring that Hetaera was "entered" in on. With himself on top of the droid and it pushed into a corner it would be much harder it to swing such a Large sword.

Edited by Shlambate

Hetaera blanches, all snarkiness and false bravado draining from her, as the hulking droid reacts.. 

Unless he's a better actor than I give him credit for.. this isn't part of any show.. 

Abject terror sweeps over her, leaving her frozen in place, at a most inopportune time...

5 hours ago, satkaz said:

"...All right. Thanks for the advice. I'll leave you to your game."

It could have gone horribly, but Giz gave a way out. Jace was ready to fight but sometimes, it was wiser to back off.

"Let's go, then." Jace said, motioning Giz to follow him away from the group and back to the truck.

Jace made sure that the doors were closed and locked before speaking.

"Guess he didn't know anything. Good thing you were there, Giz. So, you still need to help track your target, or have some time to meet up with Leto and Re'peek?"

Giz walks back to the truck, but when he gets there he sighs and says, "Truthfully, I just hope that Slogo doesn't hear about the lie, otherwise we'll be in over our heads."

Giz starts thinking himself then states with a smile, "Oh well, if in doubt, bluff it out. That's my number one rule, especially if your small."

Giz climbs back into the speeder truck then pausing for a second and squeaked, "I think its time to see the old gang again and meet up with Leto and Re'peek. I'll later send a message to Snare through the holonet saying I'll be occupied."

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2018 at 1:14 PM, Rabobankrider said:

Meanwhile, Meetan would wave to Shura with one hand, gesturing for her to follow him into the building. For a small structure, it was loaded almost to the brim with row upon row of data banks. The faint blue light pulsed gently, holding their secrets safe from the outside world. Meetan would smile with excitement as he crouched in front of the one the ceiling to floor storage units. He'd poke carefully at on of the data pads with a finger. 'What do you reckon all this stuff is?' he'd ask Shura.

"Go ahead and check it out," Shura mused, "if you wanna get fired."

She turned and nodded toward the doorway. "C'mon, we have a job to do."

Edited by AdvocatXD

HU-1K turns to look at the Trandoshan, “Statement: This unit is mearly using the sword to even the odds, this unit will defeat her without this blade. This unit is simply augmenting it’s ability to finish you off.” And with that HU-1K brings the blade up and slams it point first into the Trandoshan, while not dead, it would probably be best for him to get some medical care soon. He plunges the blade back into the ground and advances on the Twi’lek, “Statement: This unit will crush you for your dishonesty in combat. Prepare to be pulverized meatbag.”

"Nooooooo!!?!" Het cries, letting the whip drop, and rushing to Usshkr's bloody side.

"You frekkin' crazy killbot! I'm a showgirl.. I was putting on a show.." Tearing at her incongruous striped stockings, she uses them to staunch the bleeding, applying direct pressure to the grievous wound. "LOOK AT ME! Run your.. threat recognition.. whatever.. Do I really look like I can challenge your prowess?" 

Hetaera is not acting, now. 

I will be frelled, if I will let my last act be a farce, pretending I am a ring fighter.

As the fight came to end the crowd would be on their feet with an equal split of cheers and boos. The exchanging of money finally came to an end as the cage was opened up and five of the burlier men would swarm into the arena along with the owner. Three of the men would elbow their way between the ring girl and the droid. One of the three would raise a hand to the droid, looking to halt his progress. 'Fights over clanker' he'd say in a gruff voice. 'Take your credits and clear out, you're done for today'. As he speaks he would remove a credit stick from his pocket and hold it out for the droid to take. The stick had the prize money inside of it, 200 credits. 

Two of the other men would crouch down as they examine the fallen Trandoshan. He would twist around to call out to his boss. 'He's still alive boss!' He'd turn to the other, sighing with frustration. 'Well, best get the medi droid. Get him on his feet and turf him out. No way he's fighting again today'.

Meanwhile the owner would storm up to Hetaera, going to grab her roughly be the forearm. 'Oi, now you listen here' he'd snarl as he would pull her to one side of the ring. 'You want to keep working here, you better stay out of the ring next time. These people come here for the fight and to stare at the ring girls  in between. They don't want to watch some tail head pretending they can fight! When your fighter's on his feet get him out of here and take the day off. Get it together or find some new work'. With that he would let her go before jumping out of the ring and back into the crowd. Despite the audiences seeming enjoyment of the fight, his opinion on the matter was crystal clear. 

In the mean time the Weequay from the run down bar were still outside, watching the pair in the truck suspiciously. The scarred leader would seem to say something to one of the group, and he would nod before heading inside the bar. It was safe to say it was time for the pair to leave before things get violent. They may be out of leads, but perhaps the rest of the gang had gotten better luck?

Meetan would sigh before standing up from where he was crouching. 'Fine' he would say with a pout as he goes to follow Shura. The building had two floors, and these two were responsible for all of the contents for the day. 'You know, when I joined up, I was hoping for some real excitement you know? Proper fights, none of this guard duty rubbish'. He'd pause for a moment before snapping his fingers. 'Oh, I forgot to tell you, we're expecting a visitor dropping off some more datapads. You know that Tucker guy? I think it's him'. Tucker would come by a few times a month, dropping off data for whatever business it was that he worked for. With the flamboyant fashion and gelled hair, he was difficult to forget if nothing else. 

Posted (edited)

Hetaera accepts the rebuke meekly; though she is simmering inside, it is mostly with herself. I did this.. 

Skilled doctors are in short supply on the smuggler's moon, and this sector, in particular..

Desperate, she calls her only true friend, a mercenary with whom she has only recently become reacquainted: "Shura. It's Hettie. I made a mess of things, and I need a medic for Usshkr. I know you're probably on duty.. Just please send me a link."

Edited by Edgehawk

"Alright, let's go straight for a bit until the next intersection..."

Jace would tell Giz the directions to the warehouse that Re'peek owned while Giz would drive there.

"Well, here it is." Jace would say at the warehouse. "Follow me."

As they both go up, Jace would knock on the door. "Anyone there?"

Posted (edited)

After a long nap Leto hears somebody at the door. He lifted his jacket off his face and questioned, “Who the kell would come here and need to knock? ... If they’re looking for Re’peek, good thing he isn’t here...”. Leto approaches the door stealthily and pressed his Liquidsilver against the door about torso height based off the knock. He got  into character to play a grumpy landlord and slowly opens the door.

To his surprise it was Jace with an old friend, Giz! Leto first glanced at Jace and then down to Giz grinning. The human opens the door wide open, holstering the blaster quickly and says “Get-in you lowlife crooks, trouble is to be made!” greeting his friends. “Where did you spot this villian on your journey? Don’t tell me you’re a courier Giz!” he says laughingly.

Edited by Vergence