Jump to content
Rabobankrider

Star Wars: Kings of Nar Shaddaa (IC)

Recommended Posts

Re'peek spots Leto as he heads for the exit. "Ah, a human with some sense of self preser...." he ducks a flying bottle "preservation".  Ironically, the bottle that just missed his head was made of a preserved bark that is then soaked in a juice from an animal on Blathor 7.  Given the smell that now erupted from the bottle, he didn't ever want to find out what that juice was.   Quelling a gag, he makes his way for the exit.

Using my maneuver and my action to take two movements and go to medium towards the exit that Leto used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing the cry of Desperado, he glanced back to see someone making their way towards a back door. An escape? Excellent! 

Looking to Jace, the Nautolan ducked as a patron of the bar flew overhead."I...think that's our cue. Come on, let's get out of here. We can catch up somewhere a bit more civil." As he was about to jump the bar, he turned back to Seb and tapped his shoulder."One shockball fan to another, you might want to come too. Bring your droid, we might need him." With that said, the Nautolan jumped the bar and quickly made his way towards the back door that he'd seen the other man disappear down earlier. He opened the door and slid inside, sticking a hand out to the others to gesture them to follow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although the Nautolan my have evaded the clutches of the violent patrons of the bar, there were plenty of others fr them to fight. One of them would reach for the next nearest target to them, and this happened to be the Dug at the bar. 

The alien would feel a swift kick to the ribs from a human as he gets caught between the group. They were even beginning to turn on themselves as they searched for a fight. There was a good chance they hadn't even spotted the Dug, though no doubt he would make himself known. Having said that, as the Dug was crowded it make it difficult to throw a proper punch. 

Meanwhile the remnants of the Duros gang continued to hold a shoot out with the imperial pilots. They to flipped a table for defence as they ducked down, exchanging shots. The table protected the imperials, fortunately for them. 

Of course they returned fire. One of the Duros would catch a shot to the chest, being thrown backwards with smoke flowing up from the floor where he fell. There would be a cheer from the imperials as they fell a swoop ganger. 

 

 Drunk Group 1 Combat Check: 3eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes, 3 advantage


p-s.pngp-s-s.pngp-a-a.pnga-a-a.pngd--.pngd-f-th.png

Advantage spent to add 1 to groups defence 

Swoop Bike Gang 2 Combat Check: 3eA+3eD 1 success
a-a-a.pnga-s.pnga-s.pngd--.pngd-f.pngd-th-th.png

Swoop Bike Gang 2 Combat Check: 1eS 1 failure
s-f.png

Does 5 base damage to Swoop Gang 2 Drunk Pilot Group Combat Check: 3eA+2eD+1eS 2 successes
a-s-a.pnga-a.pnga-s-a.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngs-th.png 

 

Edited by Rabobankrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HU-1K sees everyone leaving and decides to follow them, running people normally had a reason, and it was interesting then beating the man he was holding senseless and probably less dangerous, as he was about to be in the middle of a blaster fight; so he slammed the man as hard as he could into the ground and let go before vaulting over the counter and smashing through the door the others had went through, “Statement: This unit greets you, this unit does not think it wise to attack this unit as this unit will smash your organic shells into a pulp, this unit has warned potential hostiles and will retaliate with extreme prejudice if attacked.” HU-1K announces as he leaves the establishment to anyone near him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the crowd begins to thin out within the bar, there would be a scream from the door at the front door. A large, armoured figure would barge roughly into the building carrying a rifle, flanked by another four. Their armour was silver with purple patterning, and they were unmistakably the local murder of Ganks. 'Citizens disperse' the leader would command in a booming vice before raising his rifle and firing into the crowd. The shots were red, it seemed they were using lethal force. Their immediate targets would be the Duros at the back of the room, and they would fall with a frightening proficiency. Each would collapse with a hole in their head. 'Leave or be eliminated!' he would shout as he continues to fire into the crowd. 

 Gank Group 1 Combat Check: 4eP+3eD 4 successes, 1 threat


p--.pngp-s-s.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-s.pngd--.pngd-th-th.pngd-th.png set back adds 1 strain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re'peek is outside, breathing a little heavy after his dash for the exit.  He grins, turning to where his old friend was, and is about to say something to him, when a crash from behind him causes him to leap like a startled cat.  "Holy frakin poodoo, what the herk!?!" He cries out, jumping onto a nearby lightpole and spinning around to see what just caused that noise behind him.  He sees the giant robot literally smash his way out of the club, and then proceed to greet them, with a caveat of possible violence.  "Uuuuuh..." he says, clearly startled.  "Nice murder-bot?  We uh...come in peace?"  His fur is splayed out on every inch of his body as he tries to gauge if he needs to keep running away from this terrifying new development, or simply stay out of arms reach.    

His ears twitch as he hears the 'police' come in to pacify the situation.  The sound of blaster fire would make him thank all the teets of the Bothan goddess Meownica that he'd decided to exit when he did.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leto stood outside in the back alley with his eyes set on the streets and one foot against the wall. As he lean against the wall waiting, he would think "Did my friends understand my message? Uhhh, use the backdoor amigos! Is it hard to grasp a guy gesturing towards a door!?".

Not a second later, Re'peek dashes out into the back alley as both turn to greet each other. Leto thought "Aah, at least one person understood me" calming any insecurities. Before the two had a chance to speak, the Nautolan marksman and not-so-jolly green giant hasty burst out into the back alley. Stunned by the event, Leto see's his friend jump into the air onto a lightpole. Was his friend running from these intrepid happy hour combatants? It wasn't until the green colossus spoke did he piece together that 'it' might be a droid. Searching for the right words, all Leto could think was did he misinterpret the bar name all this time? Perplex, Leto would ask the giant "Are you Rusty?" unable to scramble anything else cohesive together.

Edited by Vergence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the Ganks come in, Jace decides that discretion is the better part of valor. He follows Jex towards the back door and away from the fight.

His target wasn't there, but at least he was in no immediate danger.

As soon as he reached outside, he met some of the patrons that were in that bar. One of them was Jex, who ran out before him. The other one was the droid that gave that pilot an incentive to try out facial reconstruction.

And the other two were familiar faces.

"...Leto. Huh, wonder if I should count myself lucky or not," Jace muttered in between breaths. "I see Re'peek's here, too."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sound of shooting would continue from inside the cantina, being followed by shout and screams from the patrons. People were flooding out of it now, most out the back exit, a few braving the front. The escapees would soon find themselves swamped by others, desperate to flee the Ganks. 

They didn't many options to escape though. The back door lead to a large open area used to store the bins, and not much else. There were however two alleyways that went left and right from the alley, leading back around to the front of the cantina. This lead back onto the large road that ran outside of the cantina, and more importantly, was where all the bikes were parked. 

The sound of gunshots was getting closer. The Ganks must be nearly done with their job inside, and were now turning their attention to outside. 'Disperse!' the metallic should would call out from inside once more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leto replies "Destination? ..." as he looks up at his friend on the lightpole for help. Leto hears the blaster fire which reminds him why he left the bar. "Away from the Ganks is a great starting point. I believe my compadre is already scouting the alley. See any trouble from there, pal? Is the coast clear?" he says trying to down play any awkwardness. Just as Leto starts to reorganize his thoughts, a large crowd rushes out the backdoor. He thought "Frak! Maybe I should have been more discrete with my exit!". 

Luckily, pouring out of the frantic crowd Leto notices Jace or his would-be mad dog twin. "Ja..." pausing to remember his amigo might have escaped Republic prison. "Desperado?" Leto questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re'peek tilts his head, ears pivoting towards Leto when he talks about 'scouting the area'.   Re'peek shifts his body a bit, trying to emit a confident air, instead of someone leaping for his life from a combat droid smashing down a nearby wall.   Yes, totally meant to come up here on purpose, not reflex at all.  "Yeah uh..." he glances left and right, not really seeing much difference in them at all, even from the lightpost.  They are however, equidistant from the people blasting the bar to smithereens.  He hops down, and points to the right alley with confidence.  "This way."  And then proceeds to head in that direction, and his speeder bike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"As much as I would love to get to know who the the rest of you all are, and ask for us all to slow down a moment. I have to agree with the Bothan's human companion and suggest we all vacate the premises before we end up riddled with blaster holes. Ganks aren't known for their kindness, but they are generous with their blasterfire if nothing else." He looked briefly back at the bar as the violence escalated, turning to Jace as he spoke with familiarity to the other two."Wait, they're friends of yours Jace? Phew! I  was almost worried they were going to try to jump us or something..." He paused."Umm, no offence." 

He made to follow the Bothan, glancing back periodically to the way they came.

Edited by ExileofEnya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leto nods. As Leto follows Re’peek, he tries to mentally formulate secure path or what to say if they run into the law. He doesn’t know quite what to expect as they approach the front of the bar. He begins to visually scan the corners of the alleyway with his hand not far from his holster. He thought “Why didn’t I just grab grub at the Rowdy Pretext? I could use my bike right about now...”.

Edited by Vergence
Wacky formatting again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The front of the cantina was a mess. The road was scattered with people fleeing the joint, every so often glancing behind them at what was going on. A small cluster of horrified onlookers had gathered at the other side of the road, watching on with a morbid fascination. 

Those that had bikes had already hopped aboard and were tearing down the street as fast as they could. After a moment or two, a Gank would return out of the entrance, dragging a Duros survivor with him. The alien had a stream of blood running down one side of his head, and he wasn't putting up much fight, weak from the fighting.

'Listen up!' The gank would shout, voice magnified by one of his many cybernetic implants. 'The Hutts demand control in this sector! But you bottom feeders don't seem to get that'. With that he would draw a pistol from his holster, placing it against the Duros's head. 

'This is what happens when you disobey orders from the upper levels'. With a muffled blam a red bolt would pass through the swoop riders head, killing him instantly. His body would crumple to the floor as the Gank steps forward. 'This cantina is now under new management. By order of the Hutts'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The unsettling commotion executed by the Ganks was unnerving for the human. The aggressive cybernetic bipeds were gathered in a Gankpack challenging all the species for territorial rights. No wonder why the industrial sector references Gankpacks appropriately as Murders. The law is challenging the domain like a hungry rabid Hyenaxs.

Leto has been able to positively captivate the Ganks attention before; however, never after a kill frenzy. Not wanting this party to come off as a enticement against the authority, he questions approaching the bike as a group. Leto turns to Re'peek and quietly says "The law may see our group of tag-alongs with you as a test or challenge. Maybe not but, I suggest we meet you further down street". As the crowd of onlookers circle the bar action, Leto pivots to the right of the street and calmly walks down the opposite direction. He says "I suggest we pick up transport this way" to the others.

Edited by Vergence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re'peek's eyes widen at the systematic execution of the club owners, backing away from the remains of the club with even more enthusiasm than before.   He turns as Leto begins to speak to him and nods, his face going grim.  "I'll swing around the block and meet you on the east side, by the dance club.  Can't miss it, giant purple holovid out front."  He glances at the others, gauging how many could be moved, and then regards the giant droid.  "You got wheels?  And I mean that literally." He gestures to the droid's legs and feet.  "Like, self-propulsion?  Or at least the capacity to be towed behind us?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HU-1K contemplates Re’peeks question for moment before turning towards the durasteel wall of the building next to the cantina and grabbing it. He pulls off a large chuck of the wall and turns back to the group. “Answer: Positive. This unit has acquired a means to be towed as this unit lacks a means of propulsion other than bipedal motions, similar to most humanoid species. Statement: This unit has detected a fault. This unit requests that we find a mechanic to upgrade this unit with jet propulsion or wheels so that this unit may more efficiently enter attack range with this units enemies.” The big green droid starts running a internal diagnostic on where the optimal places for wheels or a jet pack would be.

Edited by SHADOWGUARD CHAMPION

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jex tensed at the shot through the Duros' skull. Even with all the medical science and technology in the galactic core, there wasn't anything that could fix that much trauma to the skull. Frowning at the sight of the senseless violence, he turned back to the group as they talked. 

Holstering his weapon, he followed after Jace and Leto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Duros's lifeless body would hit the floor with a thud as the Gank let him drop to the floor. The others would emerge from the doorway, ones gloves slick with blood. 'Who attacked the imperials!' a third Gank would bellow as he burst through the door frame. 'Who was it?' The group stuck an imposing figure outside the bar, and judging by their tone the violence may not yet be over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re'peek took in the scene with a speed born of his feline-ish ancestry, and proceeded to do what all cats in every universe do naturally...blame someone else.  

He points off into the distance, down the street, in the opposite direction of where they were planning on going and yells. "They went that way!   If you hurry you might catch them!  Look for the guy with the hair and the...thing."  He gestures to his arm vaguely, whether he means the guy had a weird arm, or perhaps some kind of signifying mark on his arm, is a bit vague.  He proceeds to start to sob, as if the violence was just too much for him to handle.  "Oooh!!  Why?!  It was such a nice night!  To have it shattered by....senseless violence!!  Bwwahahahah!!"  He weeps, clutching at Leto's arm for support, head buried against it, as if his grief and shock at the events make it difficult for him to remain upright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leto took only a few steps in the opposite direction of the Ganks before Re'peek improvised by grabbing Leto's arm. The Bothan's flare for emotional misdirection is unrivaled in the industrial sector. Leto stood there with a gloom expression as he physically supported Re'peek in the performance. For background support, Leto's eyes would shift off into the distance staring at a pretend apocalypse on the horizon. Meanwhile he thought "The gang's unscripted performances are continually classic".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be difficult to tell what the Ganks were thinking under their skull like masks. After a moment the apparent leader would wave his team down the street in the direction the bystanders had directed them. He would follow after a moment but not before pausing to pass comment to the remainder of the group. 'Get that weeping widow off the street' he would growl, distaste in his voice. 

After a moment or two, the Ganks would begin to shrink into the distance. The street would be deadly quiet, the ambience of speeders echoing in the distance. This was accompanied by the sound of scurrying feet and people skirted around the outside of the battered bar. What combat there had been seemed to have passed, no it was up to the survivors to make of the situation as they would. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re'peek would continue to cry on Leto's arm, ears twitching at the Gank's comments.  After a few moments, he would tilt his head up slightly to glance to see that they had left.  Once he saw the coast was clear, the water works stopped as if a switch had been flipped.  He stood up, ears perked forward, swiveling quickly left and right as he took in the situation.  "Ok good." He said, voice back to a clear, calm timbre.  "So yeah, plan's the same as far as I'm concerned, get away from here."  He glanced around, noting how Leto seemed to have bumped into someone else he knew..and then of course, the giant murderbot.  "I've got a bike around the way, I'll swing by the club I mentioned and pick up anyone that's there and needs a ride, assuming I can manage everyone."  He looks at Leto.  "I'm guessing you need a place to crash for now?  If so, I've got a spot that's out of the way, that we could lay low in for a bit." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×