Jump to content
Rabobankrider

Star Wars: Kings of Nar Shaddaa (OOC)

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, satkaz said:

Alright, gonna take that action into a maneuver and take some cover near the boxes for now.

 

So Het passes her initiative slot to the Sharpshooter.. and he uses his action to take cover..? ?

Has there been any IC chatter about the missle launchers, or was that all internal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

 So Het passes her initiative slot to the Sharpshooter.. and he uses his action to take cover..? ?

Has there been any IC chatter about the missle launchers, or was that all internal?

Hey, not gonna stand out there and get shot at opening a box.

If it's in italics, it's internal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. @BeingofMortis
  2. @AdvocatXD
  3. @Edgehawk
  4. Duros Group 2, soak 4, 46/50 wounds, 10/10 men
  5. Duros Group 1, soak 4, 50/50 wounds 10/10 men
  6. @satkaz
  7. -

@AdvocatXD, as @Edgehawk is just hunkering down at this point, you can take the third initiative slot if you want to get stuck into the fight. 

@satkaz I don't know if you saw but you can 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:
  1. @BeingofMortis
  2. @AdvocatXD
  3. @Edgehawk
  4. Duros Group 2, soak 4, 46/50 wounds, 10/10 men
  5. Duros Group 1, soak 4, 50/50 wounds 10/10 men
  6. @satkaz
  7. -

@AdvocatXD, as @Edgehawk is just hunkering down at this point, you can take the third initiative slot if you want to get stuck into the fight. 

@satkaz I don't know if you saw but you can 

I can fire the missile launcher? I would have thought the ammo and the launcher would have been separated on transport, so I'd need to open the second box to actually get the ammo for the missile launcher.

Edited by satkaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@satkaz, my bad, got cut off there. What I was going to say is that when you figure out how to crack the code on the launchers box it can be duplicated on the others so it'll only take you 1 maneuver to open the others.  

 So, this is how I'm seeing it:

-Jace opened the first box with Skullduggery rather than Computers, and the fact that I'd need to crack a code implies I'd need to make a Computers check instead to actually get all the boxes opened with a maneuver.

-Due to the 2 threat, Jace lost the free maneuver, so I can burn 2 strain with another maneuver and do an action, or just convert the action to a maneuver.

My train of thought is this: No way am I gonna be able to fire the missile launcher this turn, even if I didn't have the free maneuver lost. Right now, I can take 2 strain for a maneuver and take an action.

If the boxes aren't right next to each other, Jace would have to spend 2 strain and an action to get to a box and try to crack the code, leaving him open.

Now, if the boxes are right next to each other, I could redo the turn to take an action to try and crack the code, then burn 2 strain to take cover.

That's how I'm seeing it right now. Am I missing something?

Edited by satkaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the boxes would be next to each other (why unload and scatter them about?), so in terms of manuevers to fire the missile you'd need one to open the other box for ammo, and 1 to load. This means you can pretty much fire next turn. Also you are all already in cover as you are in the house so they're trying to get you through windows and the hole from the grenade etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rabobankrider said:

I think the boxes would be next to each other (why unload and scatter them about?), so in terms of manuevers to fire the missile you'd need one to open the other box for ammo, and 1 to load. This means you can pretty much fire next turn. Also you are all already in cover as you are in the house so they're trying to get you through windows and the hole from the grenade etc. 

Okay, so I'm fine with just opening the boxes now or would I need to make a Computers check first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

You've cracked one already, so I'd say you'd know how to repeat the action on the others. 

Alright, that works. Will be changing the IC post then and taking 2 strain to take the launcher out of the box.

14 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Teamwork! Maybe Shura is helping go through the boxes with you. One can load, the other fire? 

That means I can fire, so maybe flip the turns so that Shura opens the box with Jace's help and loads a missile of your choice while Jace uses the 2 strain maneuver to pick it up and the action to fire?

Edited by satkaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...