Nohwear

Direct Porting Force Powers?

The obvious, as you stated, is the reliance on the Force die. That also leads to the issue of committing Force dice. In Genesys, you have to use the concentration manoeuvre instead; meaning that you cannot have many effects going at the same time.

In addition, Force powers have power trees. In Genesys, you just take one rank in the appropriate skill and BOOM! you can use all the magic actions. Force powers start at a higher difficulty because there is little in the way of difficulty increase. The complete opposite as to how it's done in Genesys.

Force powers are very specific and almost niche, whereas magic is more freeform and less defined. Again, one rank is all you need to do everything with magic, but in order to heal, harm and enhance (in SWRPG) you need three different powers.

Once I'm done reading Genesys from cover to cover, I'll begin converting force powers to Genesys magic rules. I've never been a fan of the force die and how force powers are currently used. It felt forced into the Narrative dice system. Anytime one of my players use the force it feels like we are playing a different game and taken out of the immersion of the story.

I plan to break the force powers up into tables similar to the Magic tables in Genesys. Where each branch of the Force power tree adds to the difficulty. So depending on how the player wants to use that force ability will determine the difficulty. I'll still use NPC Discipline to resist some of the force powers.

1 hour ago, TheSourceHD said:

Once I'm done reading Genesys from cover to cover, I'll begin converting force powers to Genesys magic rules. I've never been a fan of the force die and how force powers are currently used. It felt forced into the Narrative dice system. Anytime one of my players use the force it feels like we are playing a different game and taken out of the immersion of the story.

I plan to break the force powers up into tables similar to the Magic tables in Genesys. Where each branch of the Force power tree adds to the difficulty. So depending on how the player wants to use that force ability will determine the difficulty. I'll still use NPC Discipline to resist some of the force powers.

I think that's definitely the best way to go about doing it. I said the same thing in a similar thread over on reddit.

1 hour ago, TheSourceHD said:

That’s how I would do it too. 

Move: Easy check to move a Silhouette 0 object up to Short

Strength: Increase Difficulty to increase Silhouette 

Magnitude: Increase Difficulty to Increase Targets

Range: Increase Difficulty to Increase Range 

Hurl: Upgrade Difficulty per object thrown to cause Damage, 2 Advantage required to hit with each additional object beyond first.

Honestly, most of the Force Powers have already been converted (more or less) so there's not much left needed to do. I pilfered Foresee and Influence for my own Divination and Enchantment spells. 

Really though, just grab the base effect, replace Force with 2 Strain and then the "upgrades" become various Difficulty increases as people already said.