CornyTDog2000

Bow and Arrow

If your in my gaming group this has spoilers for your upcoming adventures. 

Ok so I thought I would be fun for me and my group to add in real life elements in to my story like things from pop culture. I’ve been doing pretty good until I thought about the weapon of the green arrow. A bow and arrow. They do exist in the Star Wars universe but not really how I want it. I don’t have a clue on how to stat them out in a way that would do justice to the character I’m trying to bring to life in my adventure. Any help will be great thanks in advance.

I would use ranged light for smaller ones, ranged heavy for bigger ones. You’re probably looking at range of medium or long (strong arm talent could apply, though) I would recommend 3-5 base damage and 3-4 crit rating based on the bow, with fancier arrows reducing crit further or adding pierce. Obviously, you would be keeping track of ammo “mathematically” in that the number of available arrows are kept track of.

one of my players wanted to get a custom bow and arrows badly. We've worked from the options available in th books and came up with this:

bow

arrows

I myself would rather go for the energy bow, but my player goes "less damage, more fun" which is actually very true in practice. 

Edited by thesaviour

14 hours ago, thesaviour said:

one of my players wanted to get a custom bow and arrows badly. We've worked from the options available in th books and came up with this:

bow

arrows

I myself would rather go for the energy bow, but my player goes "less damage, more fun" which is actually very true in practice. 

Great options!

Of course, if you're doing a Star Wars incarnation of Green Arrow, you absolutely must mount a shock glove on an arrow. 

My Opinion: They are definitely 2-Handed weapons so I would use Ranged(Heavy) regardless of the size of the bow. Unless the projectile is faster than just what a string can propel it (because it's energy or it has a motor) I would give it the Inaccurate Quality as well unless it had special attachments. Limited Ammo depends on the nature of it's projectiles, if they have a material nature versus being made of energy then Limited Ammo should apply.  I think that there is a case to be made for it having to be readied too, unless it generates its arrows somehow.