Celestial Lizards

Any good games people recommend?

What are some good board games people would recommend to play casually with friends every few weeks? Doesn't have to be Star Wars, and it can be an expansion-orientated game. 

I already play Catan, 7 Wonders, XWM, International Intrigue, and signing on for Legion.

Edited by Celestial Lizards

Secret Hitler.

Also...

The ffg Talisman stuff is a really good game for "group fun". Also it's been discontinued yet lots of places haven't run out yet so it's still available. It's ffg so there's lots of expansions content and it's all good. But none of them are necessary.

Edited by Velvetelvis

10 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

+1 for Talisman, it's a classic.

Have just picked up Hey That's My Fish for one of the lads at work as a Secret Santa present.  Will be interesting to see his reaction, probably utter bemusement, but I'm sure his kids will enjoy it.

Relic (the 40k version) is pretty good, too, or the Warhammer Quest card game, and Chaos in the Old World.

Cards Against Humanity can be fun if you know your audience. I wouldn't play it with close family, for example.

King of Tokyo is awesome

If you have a core group of the same 4-5 people and you like games that change/morph over time I can't recommend enough Risk Legacy and Pandemic Legacy Season 1. Both have some fun twists as you play through them. There's also a season 2 for Pandemic but I haven't played that myself yet to recommend it or not.

If budget isn't much of a concern I recommend Star Wars: Rebellion. My wife isn't a huge gamer and even she loves it. However, its primarily just a 2 player game and it can take +2 hours to finish a game. You can play a 3 or 4 player variant, but the extra people don't add much to the game play. I kind of wish they would add a Scum expansion and add a third player just doing scummy things.

Edited by Jo Jo

2 Players: REBELLION. Amazing game to my taste but beware, 3+ hours... 4+ in your first couple of plays

3-4 Players. ELDRICH HORROR if you like supernatural horror themed games. ROBINSON, superb "family" game

5 Players. FURY OF DRACULA

6+ Players. BANG. Cheap and easy to play card game. 

I'll also give a +1 for Axis and Allies and Sushi Go

You might also enjoy Puerto Rico and Islebound. Those are two of my favorites. Dominion is one you'll really like if you like 7 Wonders

I've been enjoying Roll for the Galaxy and Mysterium lately. Just played Boss Monster for the first time - highly recommended. Elder Sign and Mansions of Madness are also fun.

And of course any FFG Star Wars game, Destiny, Rebellion, Imperial Assault, etc. Just super expensive is the problem. You might enjoy this guy:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-empire-vs-rebellion/

the cheapest FFG Star Wars game.