Sign in to follow this  
AradonTemplar

Kitsuki Yaruma + Charge

If you charge Kitsuki Yaruma into a conflict and use his ability "Turn an unbroken province facedown," can you choose the attacked province? If so, is it immediately turned faceup again? If not, can that province be broken that conflict?

Rules Reference: 

◊ A facedown province is turned faceup when an attack is declared against it.

◊ A player may look at the facedown provinces under his or her control at any time. Note: this rule refers to the facedown province card itself. A player is not permitted to look at facedown dynasty cards in his or her provinces.

◊ If a facedown province becomes the attacked province in a manner other than the declaration of an attack, immediately turn the province faceup.

I'm just not sure if a province 'becomes the attacked province' at all times during a conflict at that province.

30 minutes ago, AradonTemplar said:

◊ If a facedown province becomes the attacked province in a manner other than the declaration of an attack, immediately turn the province faceup.

I would say that this statement creates a constantly checked state for the province being attacked and thus, you'd re-reveal the province immediately after flipping it facedown.

@Khudzlinis correct in saying its ability would be available again immediately on re-reveal since it has left play and returned.

On 3/2/2018 at 2:06 PM, Filuo said:

Unfortunately, you can't use it effectively with restoration of balance. I don't think anyone would attack it twice XD

Actually it does have merit with Restoration as it funnels people to other provinces (FoF or a Shameful for example), or forces them to play a low hand size until they have attacked it again.  And if they do ignore it, means that you now have a guaranteed 1 glory to use for Fury, so there is merit to it.

On 6/3/2018 at 9:27 PM, Schmoozies said:

Actually it does have merit with Restoration as it funnels people to other provinces (FoF or a Shameful for example), or forces them to play a low hand size until they have attacked it again.  And if they do ignore it, means that you now have a guaranteed 1 glory to use for Fury, so there is merit to it.

And unless I am wrong, you get one extra fate when you charge Yaruma into a Restoration. Am I?

On 3/8/2018 at 5:54 PM, Koriume said:

And unless I am wrong, you get one extra fate when you charge Yaruma into a Restoration. Am I?

It does provide a valid trigger for Seeker of Fire (though it's still limited to once per round like all abilities).