Sign in to follow this  
jc1138

Legacies ETA?

1 hour ago, ScottieATF said:

According to FFG a Destiny set takes about 6 months to print and ship from China. They said SoR was already in the printing process prior to Awakenings even releasing because of that lengthy lead time

Yet the Upcoming page had Legacies going to the printer in November. Let me refresh your memory that EaW came out in September, 2 months prior to FFG changing the status of Legacies to At the Printer.

As mentioned above because of the lead time in manufacturing and shipping sets go to the printer even before the previous set releases, 2 months before based on what we've been told. So that means the Upcoming page was months behind in updating the status of Legacies. 

And when I say months, I actually mean months, not 4-6 weeks like you seem to be when saying months. FYI, next month isn't "months away" niether is 6 weeks.

The Upcoming page is 3-4 months out step with the actual place in the production cycle of Legacies (or any given set). No reasonable person would ever conclude that a full quarter plus off is remotely accurate.

This has been explained to you directly before or in threads you've been involved in. You continuing to hang your hat on the Upcoming page is wackadoo.

Nah, the upcoming page is accurate for most of their products so it isn't wackadoo but certainly off enough to not be completely reliable. So yeah, you can take with a grain of salt but it is also the info that we got. One thing that doesn't go on the upcoming page is unannounced products, so no, you won't see the set after Legacies on there even though it should be at the factory at this point making the proofs.

My guess is they intended to release this month but sith happens. Beginning of Jan is a horrid time to put anything out. First, the customers have no money, people are still out on vacation and that January 15th date makes cash not flow until after everyone gets their last estimated taxes in. So you can think beginning of January all you want and hope for that date but I would be less surprised to see it release in two days than I would if it is release before Jan. 15. We aren't quite two weeks into Dec. yet so we got the rest of this month and most of next month, so a couple of months, give or take a few weeks on the remainders. Though you seem to like trolling me, so by all means knock yourself out and get all technical on the time frame.

2 hours ago, Mep said:

Nah, the upcoming page is accurate for most of their products so it isn't wackadoo ...

So Rivals coming out day after tomorrow, yet:

upcoming.jpg

2 hours ago, Mep said:

Beginning of Jan is a horrid time to put anything out. First, the customers have no money, people are still out on vacation and that January 15th date makes cash not flow until after everyone gets their last estimated taxes in.

I have money.

I would have loved the release during or before my vacation as I am not going anywhere.

I live in a country where my tax does not need to be done until July 1 2018.

I am not alone in any of these factors.

I think too it is worth pointing out that for the most part FFG doesn't sell Destiny to consumers, they sell to distributors, who in turn sell it to stores and then in turn to us the consumer. Your list of consumer concerns may affect store sales a little, distributor sales even less and overall FFG sales if at all. But if there are sales to be made sitting on them because FFG missed the December delivery date makes little sense, because their sales will be unaffected by the issues you raise. FFG has already spent its money on Legacies, they want to start making it back and delaying the shipment costs them, thousands of dollars a day, be that directly in interest or lost opportunities to make other games and product because they are delaying their cash flow.

So like ScottieAFT, I expect those new starter boxes and boosters, will arrive as soon as they are ready. Which from the information I am seeing is around the 15th January, +/- a week from past experience with this stores expected dates.

Edited by Amanal

4 hours ago, Amanal said:

I think too it is worth pointing out that for the most part FFG doesn't sell Destiny to consumers, they sell to distributors, who in turn sell it to stores and then in turn to us the consumer.

This is true, It is the stores that need to buy the product and many of those are small businesses that need to do the final books and pay their estimated taxes by Jan 15. Until then, cash flow is restricted, as I said. Most of the customers are not affected nor even know about Jan 15. US market is by far the biggest market for this stuff and as such given the biggest consideration. Yeah, they aren't going to sit on product nor will they ask to have a late holiday shipment sent out. They'll have them shipped at a time that makes sense if they missed the holiday window.

BTW, you seriously didn't catch that part about rivals being a limited run just in time for the holidays? Not the official release and therefore not tournament legal. However it is one of the few times the upcoming page doesn't give full information about what products are being release. It is incomplete information for sure.

I do agree, the release date will be after Jan 15, cept + a week or two.

Great job having civil discussion y'all. I know that I’ve known y’all a long time and that you’ve been in this even longer than me, but some of the other forums here can get downright toxic at times. ?

Edited by dpb1298

14 hours ago, Mep said:

@Vitalis Do you think it is possible the Euro distributor has the Rivals and Legacies confused? Something may have gotten lost in translation.

If you can buy booster boxes, and good&bad starters for Rivals, sure they may confused it...

And i just checked: Legacies (all products) are marked as "in storage" and Rivals are marked as "at the printer". 

Edited by Vitalis

12 minutes ago, Vitalis said:

If you can buy booster boxes, and good&bad starters for Rivals, sure they may confused it...

And i just checked: Legacies (all products) are marked as "in storage" and Rivals are marked as "at the printer". 

Well I hope that is true and you guys over there enjoy Legacies. What I don't hope is that they do a very limited prerelease again like they did for SoR were only a few people get product.

22 hours ago, Mep said:

Nah, the upcoming page is accurate for most of their products so it isn't wackadoo but certainly off enough to not be completely reliable. So yeah, you can take with a grain of salt but it is also the info that we got. One thing that doesn't go on the upcoming page is unannounced products, so no, you won't see the set after Legacies on there even though it should be at the factory at this point making the proofs.

My guess is they intended to release this month but sith happens. Beginning of Jan is a horrid time to put anything out. First, the customers have no money, people are still out on vacation and that January 15th date makes cash not flow until after everyone gets their last estimated taxes in. So you can think beginning of January all you want and hope for that date but I would be less surprised to see it release in two days than I would if it is release before Jan. 15. We aren't quite two weeks into Dec. yet so we got the rest of this month and most of next month, so a couple of months, give or take a few weeks on the remainders. Though you seem to like trolling me, so by all means knock yourself out and get all technical on the time frame.

It's accurate for some products in some cases, but widely inaccurate in other instances. But most importantly for this product and specifically in this instance it is demonstratively inaccurate. This has been laid out to you multiple times, and yet you're still pulling from that well. You're citing a source that you know is false, wackadoo is the nicest term I can use to describe that.

If the Upcoming page is 3-4 months out of sink with this product is it a reliable indicator? The answer is 100% not. Until they put a date on there it is useless, and by the time they put a date on there we already would know the date from other sources. Stop citing fake news.

When you'd prefer to release a product is just one contributing factor to when that product get released. Do the math. They want to release 3 products a year (aka about ever 4 months), it takes 6 months to print and ship a set, shipping for China is a 6-8 week process. That means sets go to production as soon as the previous one finishes up. There's very limited slack time in the production and distribution model for this game based on what they've told us about the process. You may not prefer to release early January, but you can't hold up production of every subsequent set either. And if you have the product on hand you aren't not going to sell it. That just be spending money on warehousing that you don't need to spend while delaying making sales. Your distributors aren't going to incur that cost either.

And while January may not be the preferred month for retail releases, not all products are equally effected by market trends. This is a lifestyle hobby game, the demand for it is going to be less impacted by seasonality then other products.

@ScottieATF First I am not a child and you really need to stop trolling. I don't need to be told multiple times how good or bad the upcoming page is. Everyone knows how good and bad it is. FFG puts whatever information on that page they want us to know. However, they tend to act in good faith with that page most of the time. Most companies do not do this and it is odd FFG does. That page currently is one of only two sources of official information we have, the other being the quarter one announcement. I am not making a big deal about that page and I said I take it with a grain of salt. You however are fixated with it and need to tell me multiple times it is wrong, Seriously? Why would you even care?

Also, I don't care if FFG releases it in early Jan or not. I made the point most products don't get release during that time for various reasons. Has nothing to do with my feelings about that release date. BTW companies warehouse goods all the time. FFG does this A LOT. It is how they are able to release products world wide on the same day. Do you really think all their goods magically appear at the distributors on exactly the same day all over the world? They warehouse ALL THE TIME. They have to do this for all their goods currently in stock. Yes, it costs money, so does everything else.

Anyways they clearly missed the window they wanted to release in. The seasons are very important, so much so they had a small shipment of the rival packs sent out early. It is entirely possible their worldwide release got blow up by late delivery to North America and they are going to move forward with their European release. It is odd but the seasons are so important they may just stagger the release. If that is what is happening we probably will see Legacies in the US whenever they get in. We'll know the truth of the matter on Friday if Europe is actually getting Legacies or just the Rival packs like everyone else.

I have to keep restating the same thing because you keep doubling down on the same position. You keep to asserting that the Upcoming page is of any use here when it's been repeatedly illustrated just how comically inaccurate it is for this game, . You don't dispute that inaccuracy but keep saying "Nah, it's mostly accurate". I'm not trolling you I'm responding to your factually incorrect statements.

It's funny that you bring up FFG warehousing product for worldwide release, when we are just about to see our European friends get this set before us. Of course FFG warehouses product, but no company is just going to sit on product because it's a less advantageous month to release it. That's holding costs that do not have to incur, and won't incur for no real reason. They will release it as soon as they receive it because not doing so is pointlessly incurring extra expenses.

Lol, guys. We've been over this. We know when it is coming and in what quantities. We also know that the Upcoming page is often inaccurate. We've known each other a long time, over five years over many FFG titles, I think that it's time to let it go.

Fly casual and classy :)

Edited by dpb1298

This set is a really weird one. I got a call from my LGS last week asking if I still wanted 3 boxes of Legacies. I went in on Saturday we talked for a bit I paid for my 3 boxes and casually asked him if he knew when the set was coming out. He told me that his distributor told him it should be in hand on the 22nd of December. We then talked about the starters and draft pack and he really had no clue they were coming anytime soon.

I am in Canada so I feel like we are getting the same sort of information that Europe is getting, however from FFG's perspective only the US is getting product before the new year. The owner of the LGS has never been hasty with product he always contacts me about a week or two before the sets hit. I don't know what to think anymore, but what I do know is that if everyone is getting mixed dates releasing small quantities to a limited market is going to upset a lot of people.

3 hours ago, ScottieATF said:

I have to keep restating the same thing because you keep doubling down on the same position. You keep to asserting that the Upcoming page is of any use here when it's been repeatedly illustrated just how comically inaccurate it is for this game, . You don't dispute that inaccuracy but keep saying "Nah, it's mostly accurate". I'm not trolling you I'm responding to your factually incorrect statements.

Here is the thing, You don't know it is wrong. You are assuming it is wrong. You have no idea if it is wackadoo or however you want to put it. My statement was that the information we were given is a quarter 1 release and the upcoming page says at the printer. That information is factual. The upcoming page could be wrong, sure, but that is the information we are given. You don't know it is wrong. For all you know, it is correct. So seriously, stop thinking you know the accuracy of that page because you don't.

They have had some special preview releases and their part in Force Friday where that stuff of course wasn't on that page. Otherwise they did update that page to indicate the 3 destiny sets so far was at the printer, then on the boat then shipping. I doubt they kept that page super up to date accurate but they still updated it from time to time. That is what we do know. What we don't know is that it is absolutely wrong cause you say it is. It is entirely possible that the upcoming page is wrong and they are going to do a holiday surprise with the full release of Legacies this week and all that talk about a Q1 release and Rivals article was just to throw us off. Sure that is possible, why not.

What we do know:

Legacies is a quarter 1 release. - Source FFG

Upcoming page says at the printer. (whatever that means) - Source FFG

Rivals is getting a small limited early release on Friday. This is not the official release and is not tournament legal. The official release comes sometime in Q1. - Source FFG

Many distributors are reporting they have legacies for sale.  - Source people on this forum - The information we were given by FFG is that they should have Rivals for sale, not legacies. Something here is umm, wackadoo......

Yeah. Mystery solved guys. We were all working off of information from multiple sources, and now have the answer. Let's keep it classy (unlike some other forums, cough, cough).

Let's all just enjoy playing with these awesome new products! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year/ Hanukkah!

33 minutes ago, Mep said:

Then the US got screwed on the release.....

Which would be fine, frustrating, but fine... Things happen and it’s clear there was an intended release that was supposed to happen with the movie.  US shipping must have been an issue.

What makes it unacceptable is FFG/Asmodee’s total lack of communication and clarification on exactly what the situation is.  

Its not a surprise at this point, but it doesn’t disappoint me any less.  

• On December 15th, European Star Wars: Destiny players will have access to limited quantities of Legacies, the Luke Skywalker Starter Set, and the Boba Fett Starter Set!
  • On January 4th, North American Star Wars: Destiny players will have access to limited quantities of Legacies, the Luke Skywalker Starter Set, and the Boba Fett Starter Set!

Mystery solved -> https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/12/14/discover-your-legacy-1/

8 minutes ago, NetCop said:
  • On December 15th, European Star Wars: Destiny players will have access to limited quantities of Legacies, the Luke Skywalker Starter Set, and the Boba Fett Starter Set!
  • On January 4th, North American Star Wars: Destiny players will have access to limited quantities of Legacies, the Luke Skywalker Starter Set, and the Boba Fett Starter Set!

Mystery solved -> https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/12/14/discover-your-legacy-1/

Rest of the world -> still a mystery....

Dar!

Hey, Europe finally got a release (unofficial) before the US. Great for them. I don't understand why they did this. Didn't we just go through the whole limited quantity thing before and everyone hated it. 6 Rival packs per store? They can't even do an event with that. Is that just a christmas bonus to the store owners so they can go ebay them? And now a limited quantity of Legacies rather than a full proper release. Okay, whatever FFG. Ebay is now happier than a bitcoin exchange.....