Nohwear

Cyberpunk setting help, please.

I am working on a cyberpunk setting where the characters are all part of a PMC that has stationed them in the Alaskan Quarantine Zone.  The setting is based on Interface Zero 2.0.  While I plan to shamelessly steal mechanics from the Star wars games, I am in sure how to handle cybernetics.  As far as I can tell there are three ways to handle them.  One is to have them be equipment that you buy.  Two, they could just be flavor for talents and such.  Or I could use both.  If they can be bought as equipment, then I am unsure of how to handle it, especially if I want to include some sort of limit on how much a body can handle.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Star Wars uses Brawn as the cap on cybernetics. Droids had a cap of 6 instead. There is a talent that raised that cap, an implant that raises the cap (and didn't count against the cap), and a species that has a cap of Brawn + 6.

12 minutes ago, Nohwear said:

Alright, time to tackle Knowledge skills.  My first thought is History, Streetwise, and Culture.  As always, feedback is appreciated.

Streetwise is already a skill...

I would go with Education, Matrix (or whatever you call your online world), Underground for sure, then add others as needed. 

Also, the avatar thing is going to get confusing. *chuckles*

Edited by Simon Retold

19 minutes ago, Nohwear said:

So to answer the other question, you would say either as equipment or both?

The book has them as gear (page 177). Each cybernetic implant, however, reduces your ST by 1.

8 minutes ago, Nohwear said:

Alright, time to tackle Knowledge skills.  My first thought is History, Streetwise, and Culture.  As always, feedback is appreciated.

I'm a big fan of both History and Culture (one for the past, one for the present). And as @Simon Retold mentioned, Streetwise is already a skill.

Depending on the focus of your game, other Knowledge skills could be Science, Xenology, etc. Without a better idea of your game (I don't know Interface Zero) I can't be more help.

38 minutes ago, Nohwear said:

If I was you I'd go backwards to figure it out.  What sort of Knowledge checks do you see yourself calling for and/or allowing?