Sign in to follow this  
Jabby

What should I buy?

So I’ve been considering buying Armada for a few years but I haven’t, mostly due to my financial situation. I’ve managed to get together about £400 between me and my brother. I’m going to buy a fleet for each faction and I’m just wondering what I should buy first. Just to note, I’m going to be buying off amazon not the ffg site due to my location and delivery difficulties. Also, what are the shipping rates for getting stuff to the UK?

Start off with a Starter set.

• For Rebels an MC80 Home one and MC30 pack along with fighter pack #1.
  • For Imperials and ISD, Gladiator and again fighter pack #1.
  • Rogues & Villains pack is good for both particularly if you intend to go squadron heavy.

For retailers shop around between Amazon, Chaoscards, Magic Madhouse. Wayland are ok if the items are in stock. The last time I ordered Armada from them when they said they could order the items in it took 7 months.

Book Depository often has stock of the first few waves. Their prices fluctuate often, so sometimes no deal and other times good 35-40% off. Free worldwide shipping but they are a UK company to boot so should be faster.

Great way to get the extras of those early ships, dice, maneuver tool, and sometimes fighter packs when they are in stock.

I feel like a spokesperson for them these days. I just found they consistently had great deals. You just need to check in semi regularly to snag them when the discount is on.

Edit: just looked out of curiosity, their selection of in stock is at an all time low, and not many deals at the moment. Maybe my proselytizing has had an impact.

Edited by TheBigLev