KrisWall

3D Designed Storage

Hello all...

I have some pretty rudimentary 3D design skills, a 3D printer and probably a little bit of OCD when it comes to board game storage.  I thought it would be cool to have a little case for the hex tiles.  The 3D printer is running right now and should finish in several hours.  Here's hoping I got the measurements right!  The smaller part is a lid.  It's upside down in the picture.

Screenshot 2017-12-02 16.42.02.png

Screenshot 2017-12-02 16.42.23.png

I'm printing it out in a bright orange.  Once I confirm that it works (via printing my own!), I'll post the files to Thingiverse.com for free.  Stay tuned for details.  I hope to have the "body" done before I go to bed tonight with the lid maybe tomorrow.

Glow-in-the-dark green filament would be awesome for this.  I'm debating on priming and painting it to look like a weathered metal canister, with stenciled on pseudo-military looking text.

I'll have to try them out!  I also have some glow in the dark filament.

(Once I get my printer running right.  Between not having a heated bed so getting it stick at the start, and then having just random issues with the nozzle(s), I haven't printed anything successfully my last several attempts.  :( )