Jump to content
BigLogs

APP for Amazon appstore?!

Recommended Posts

I see this isn't out on the Amazon app store yet... the sadness!!!

I know these apps usually come out on iTunes and Android first, but I am holding out hope with some older apps (Road to Legend, Xcom TBG) available for DL currently through amazon.

Anyone have an idea on when (if?) this might show up for us Kindle fire owners?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mep said:

Was it ever going to be on amazon? Can you not use google play with the Fire?

Also, good reason to not buy a Fire if so.

I don't believe it was ever announce, just made the assumption after viewing other FFG apps that were announced for Android/Apple on the Amazon appstore now(Road to legend, SW dice, Arkham Horror, XcomTBg etc).

I do admit, It was a major bummer to not have day one support for Amazon, but for the price of a mid level fire tablet nowadays, if all I have to do is wait(hopefully...) I'll do my best to be patient.

It would be nice to know how long it might take to make the app functional on Amazon, or if that is even in the cards for FFG (PLEAAAAASE).

It's less than ideal, but if i get that impatient, the app does work on android phones :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mep said:

Was it ever going to be on amazon? Can you not use google play with the Fire?

Also, good reason to not buy a Fire if so.

The rules for the app state it can be downloaded from Amazon, and I am pretty sure the article announcing the app also said it would be available through amazon.  Considering both the Road to Legend and the Mansions of Madness apps are available through Amazon I would be surprised if this app isn't released on amazon eventually.  It is a shame that the article announcing the app for the other platforms didn't say "coming soon for amazon" or something like that, but I don't think there is any reason to assume it isn't coming.

With respect to google play and kindle, you cannot use google play to download anything on a kindle.  Certainly annoying, but the kindle has its own advantages.  Price obviously being one of them, and there are a lot of great apps that normally have in-app purchasing that you can play for free through Amazon Underground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael Scorefan said:

With respect to google play and kindle, you cannot use google play to download anything on a kindle.  Certainly annoying, but the kindle has its own advantages.  Price obviously being one of them, and there are a lot of great apps that normally have in-app purchasing that you can play for free through Amazon Underground.

Not 100% true, you can side load google play on a kindle fire and load the IA app that way. I did it this weekend on a current gen kindle HD 8 and got it working. Google "kindle fire HD and google play"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, supersayian said:

It looks like it is available now on the amazon app store. I opened the amazon app store app and searched for it and it showed up. Here is the link to it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077SXMRNP/ref=sr_1_2?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1512500527&sr=1-2&keywords=imperial+assault

Not such a long wait after all!!! Excellent! Can't wait to install and try it out!

Happy dice rolling, friends!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skyguard said:

Not 100% true, you can side load google play on a kindle fire and load the IA app that way. I did it this weekend on a current gen kindle HD 8 and got it working. Google "kindle fire HD and google play"

I don't own a Fire but I thought it was possible to get google play on them hence the question. Great info for those out there with a Fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, supersayian said:

It looks like it is available now on the amazon app store. I opened the amazon app store app and searched for it and it showed up. Here is the link to it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077SXMRNP/ref=sr_1_2?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1512500527&sr=1-2&keywords=imperial+assault

Hurrah!! Thats great news. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...