Sign in to follow this  
franzvong

Madrid Kotei

2 minutes ago, Kubernes said:

I want that Unicorn player to win despite the uphill battle. 

Top 8 at least would be awesome. Or whatever the cut off for the Worlds invite is. 

Sad to see 2 of our 4 Phoenix players playing against each other first thing in the Top 32. Makes it that much harder to push someone through to the top rankings. 

First 2 packs are legal. No decklists yet.

Elimination rounds are being posted here:

http://challonge.com/es/Madrid_kotei

In the first round the Dragon, Crab, Crane and Phoenix challengers were eliminated.

TOP 16:

Scorp 5

Lion 4

Dragon 3

Crab 2

Crane 1

Phoenix 1

TOP 8:

Lion 4

Scorp 2

Dragon 2

Crab 1

TOP 4:

Lion 2

Dragon 1

Crab 1

Finals: Crab vs Lion

Crab wins!

Edited by Doji Kao

52 minutes ago, Mangod said:

So, just got updated; the semifinals are 2 Lions, 1 Crab and 1 Dragon.

So maybe finally people will stop assuming Scorpion is OP and they will look for another flavour of the month (yes, I really hate playing the most common clan ;))

Edited by franzvong

2 hours ago, franzvong said:

So maybe finally people will stop assuming Scorpion is OP and they will look for another flavour of the month (yes, I really hate playing the most common clan ;))

Scorp was never FOTM ... just too make Hipsters like being the Dark Hero (Anti-HerO) .... but it's unfortunate that because there are so many of them - they can't be hipster :D HAHHAH :D

Actually, if anything, after Kachiko ( Child of Victory ) gets legal then for FIRST TIME some people might go Scorp as FOTM :D So be prepped! 

3 hours ago, franzvong said:

Yeah, to be honest I do too. Way too many Scorpion players for my taste and I really dont like contributing to that problem.

Also, Scorpion mirrors are not fun.

I want to either go Dishonor Phoenix or Lion, and that's despite earning 3 Promo Shoju, 3 Promo Way of the Scorp, honor tokens and Promo SH with Scorpion =(

8 hours ago, Doji Kao said:

Elimination rounds are being posted here:

http://challonge.com/es/Madrid_kotei

This is an awesome breakdown. Really cool to see everyone's match-ups highlighted like that. I was pretty shocked to see Crab win in the end, but if you look at Pablo's games, 4 out of 5 were against Lion, which makes me wonder if a lot of it had to do with a favourable schedule (asides from what I assume was masterful playing). Were the games streamed?

Interesting that all four of Top 16 Lion players made it to the Top 8. I have a feeling that Lion with the right splash (Crane, Dragon, or Scorpion) can be very forgiving. I think the meta may be more balanced (other than for Unicorn) than initially thought at Worlds, but we still have yet to see some power cards in the Koteis yet. So we have had two Koteis with Crab taking the crown! Congratulations!

On 3/12/2017 at 9:16 PM, Sometimes Y said:

asides from what I assume was masterful playing

If only you guys could see him playing...
I was very close to stand up and start clapping when he won top4.
Long story short: rival with 1 honor left, an honored character and a dishonored character. Reprieve on honored character.

2 minutes ago, Willy Jarque said:

If only you guys could see him playing...
I was very close to stand up and start clapping when he won top4.
Long story short: rival with 1 honor left, an honored character and a dishonored character. Reprieve on honored character.

That's a great offensive REPRIEVE!  Never really thought about that situation. KUDOS!