Sign in to follow this  
franzvong

Madrid Kotei

Today we had the chance to try “Battle for Rokugan”. Game is much simpler than AGOT, with main rules similar to Diplomacy. I think it can be played in an hour or so, it took us 90 mins, reading the rules, with 6 players. Nice components (control tokens may become my new honor ones), unfortunately the map is a bit too generic...

E18_AE0_F4_C0_D4_47_FF_AFB6_F42_A64_DF2_

5823023_A_FF26_4_ED5_9353_FEA63_BD030_DD

Edited by franzvong

3 hours ago, franzvong said:

Today we had the chance to try “Battle for Rokugan”. Game is much simpler than AGOT, with main rules similar to Diplomacy. I think it can be played in an hour or so, it took us 90 mins, reading the rules, with 6 players. Nice components (control tokens may become my new honor ones), unfortunately the map is a bit too generic...

E18_AE0_F4_C0_D4_47_FF_AFB6_F42_A64_DF2_

5823023_A_FF26_4_ED5_9353_FEA63_BD030_DD

THAT is a sweet map!!!! ?

9 hours ago, franzvong said:

I thought it was announced as a 5-players game.

YouTube link of the Kotei opening. 

Half of it is in Spanish, an OL5R player greeting everyone, saying that Spain hosted the biggest Kotei of OL5R and now is hosting the biggest Kotei (so far) of L5R LCG. Also, sad for seeing so few Unicorn players, but he understands that the situation is difficult for them. 

At the end they do the chant, first the new one, and they end with one Utz-Banzai. Some people try to go for the three banzais, but you can hear somebody saying “Sólo uno, sólo uno” (Just one, just one)

It seems that L5R really hurt X-Wing. In the last Spanish Open there were 385 X-Wing players, and this time only 195. Apparently, the X-Wing community is upset because both events are being held at the same time. 

Edited by Tabris2k

2 hours ago, Tabris2k said:

YouTube link of the Kotei opening. 

Half of it is in Spanish, an OL5R player greeting everyone, saying that Spain hosted the biggest Kotei of OL5R and now is hosting the biggest Kotei (so far) of L5R LCG. Also, sad for seeing so few Unicorn players, but he understands that the situation is difficult for them. 

At the end they do the chant, first the new one, and they end with one Utz-Banzai. Some people try to go for the three banzais, but you can hear somebody saying “Sólo uno, sólo uno” (Just one, just one)

Pablo leading the chant gave me a little tear in the eye :)

9 hours ago, Tabris2k said:

It seems that L5R really hurt X-Wing. In the last Spanish Open there were 385 X-Wing players, and this time only 195. Apparently, the X-Wing community is upset because both events are being held at the same time. 

Then they should really just get their shizzit together and NOT host major events on the same days. Simples really...

24 minutes ago, Akodo Tetsuo said:

Then they should really just get their shizzit together and NOT host major events on the same days. Simples really...

Aren't both tourneys organized by FFG?

19 minutes ago, kempy said:

Aren't both tourneys organized by FFG?

Yeah, they’re using Madrid GameOn, which is a gaming convention, as they have used GenCon or PAX for other tournaments. It’s usual that some events overlap, but in this case they were the two most played games of the entire convention. So bad planning from FFG Spain/Asmodee.