FTS Gecko

The insanity that is X-Wing in the UK

11 hours ago, FTS Gecko said:

European Championships go on sale 28th January.

1-3rd June at the UK Games Expo, Birmingham.

http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/bookevents.php?subcat=ffg

Uhm, 2 swiss pods? At least this time you aren't forced to be there at Friday (well, Thursday) which may be a pain for anyone outside UK, but I guess it will be easier to get tickets for the first pod... specially if there are only 200 places for each. I suppose they keep som space to increase the attendance if it's required.

I'm still undecided on what I'll do this year. Welp, I still have a couple weeks to think of it :P

9 hours ago, Arma Quattro said:

@Kharnete así que eres de españa? 

Acaso viniste tambien al ultimo SOS que tuvimos aqui en Lucca?

Sí, and nope :P

The only event outside Spain I've went has been last year's Euros. And to be honest I can't remember if we had an expedition to that Open. Some guys went to your National tho.  EDIT: My memory failed me: we had an expedition to your Open but it was in 2016, including Juan del Rio who made the top 4.

This year we'll be a bunch there. *At least* 20, most of us from Barcelona and nearby, but also some people from Valencia and Zaragoza.

Edited by Kharnete

9 minutes ago, Kharnete said:

Uhm, 2 swiss pods? At least this time you aren't forced to be there at Friday (well, Thursday) which may be a pain for anyone outside UK, but I guess it will be easier to get tickets for the first pod... specially if there are only 200 places for each. I suppose they keep som space to increase the attendance if it's required.

I'm still undecided on what I'll do this year. Welp, I still have a couple weeks to think of it :P

Yeah, that's a big bonus, but given what happened with the System Open I'm guessing tickets for Saturday's Swiss pod are going to sell out really quickly!

My gut tells me this won't sell out as quickly as the Open, what with the added cost of being at the Expo.

Personally I'll probably try to go for the Saturday as that's the busiest day on the show floor. But if there's some cool RPG running that day I might have to reconsider. At least all that stuff should be coming out on the 28th.