Sign in to follow this  
Hooba Jooba

The Missing SKU: SWX71

29 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Heroes of Scariff

Not impossible, but not super likely.

71 puts it in the middle of wave XII, so seems likely to be more like something that could tie into the movie or upcoming season of 'Rebels', but is being withheld to prevent spoilers.  Or potentially something we've seen from 'Rebels', already, but will be re-appearing in the Han Solo movie in a bigger role?

(We've still not seen the conclusion of Hondo's arc, yet, after all - and he's got a stolen Sentinel-class shuttle he's pimped out pretty well that could be fun for Scum...)

A good bet is DJ's ship from Episode VIII, since they didn't reveal it so far (the first Scum ship for the new era). EDIT: oh, there was the Quadjumper. That if FFG got inside information from Disney, which, considering the poor incomplete job on TIE Striker (no bombs), TIE Silencer (no missiles), X-wing T-70 (no pilots), U-wing (no K-2SO), etc., would be the first time.

So, IMHO, the possibilities are:

• DJ's ship (Scum large base?);
  • Scum "big" epic (Crusader-class? Interceptor-class?);
  • X-wing + Y-wing ace pack (Scarif or Partisan themed);
  • Hammerhead corvette (Rebel epic) - paired with ace X-wing or ace Y-wing;
  • Campaign box (what I want the most).
Edited by Odanan

1 hour ago, Hooba Jooba said:

WHAT will it be? WHEN will it be?? Will we see a preview?

...i need to know...

19 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Not impossible, but not super likely.

71 puts it in the middle of wave XII, so seems likely to be more like something that could tie into the movie or upcoming season of 'Rebels', but is being withheld to prevent spoilers.  Or potentially something we've seen from 'Rebels', already, but will be re-appearing in the Han Solo movie in a bigger role?

(We've still not seen the conclusion of Hondo's arc, yet, after all - and he's got a stolen Sentinel-class shuttle he's pimped out pretty well that could be fun for Scum...)

^^Agreed. It is most likely a TLJ ship still under NDA with that particular SKU number. It could be a 'Heroes of the Rebellion' to tie in with the conclusion of the Rebels TV show, but I feel like that would have a SKU sequentially after wave 13. My no.1 guess is an RZ-2 A-wing, the fact that they are still quite tight lipped about the ship makes me think a notable character may fly one at some point. It could also be a Scum ship that hasn't been revealed in any TLJ press yet.

1 hour ago, MasterShake2 said:

Heroes of Scariff

I don't think a pack like that will be called 'Heroes of Scariff' anymore, its been too long and with the cross over of Rogue One and Rebels about to happen, it makes sense for packs based on this timeline to be 'Heroes of the Rebellion' and 'Heroes of the Empire' (Krennic actually uses that line in the movie). Having titles less focused on the Rogue One movie means they have scope for potential B-wing/A-wing cards, the inevitable 'Hera's X-wing', additional Rebels characters, such as the likes of Thrawn etc. whilst still having the Rogue One ships, and cards we all want.

4 minutes ago, Odanan said:

A good bet is DJ's ship from Episode VIII, since they didn't reveal it so far (the first Scum ship for the new era). That if FFG got inside information from Disney, which, considering the poor incomplete job on TIE Striker (no bombs), TIE Silencer (no missiles), X-wing T-70 (no pilots), U-wing (no K-2SO), etc., would be the first time.

So, IMHO, the possibilities are:

• DJ's ship (Scum large base?);
  • Scum "big" epic (Crusader-class? Interceptor-class?);
  • X-wing + U-wing ace pack (Scarif or Partisan themed) (what I want the most);
  • Hammerhead corvette (Rebel epic) - paired with ace X-wing and ace Y-wing;
  • Campaign box (what I want the most).

We don't actually know who DJ is. He could be a part of the resistance, he could be head of security on Canto Bight, he might not even have a ship. I am with you though, I want him to be the new Bounty Hunter so bad! :P or a spy for the First Order that infiltrates the resistance.

5 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

Dude...what if the X-wing fix comes in the huge Hammerhead Corvette? Would there be a community riot?

They should do this! I would definitely purchase this.

I would also like to see some Star Wars: Rebels pilots and Rogue One pilots with such an expansion.

Be kind of weird to bundle the X-Wing with an Epic again. In case you forgot it came with the Rebel Transport already. Only thing it hasn't been in is an Aces pack.

Though Armada basically straight up did a "And here's more ISDs" pack as an actual wave release, so who knows. 

They could release a Partisan's pack.

Sort of an Aces box, that contains a X-wing and a Z-95 in Partisan colors with partisan titles, and maybe Pilot cards that are both simultaneously Scum and Rebel cards. So you could include the pilots in either faction.

1 hour ago, BadMotivator said:

They could release a Partisan's pack.

Sort of an Aces box, that contains a X-wing and a Z-95 in Partisan colors with partisan titles, and maybe Pilot cards that are both simultaneously Scum and Rebel cards. So you could include the pilots in either faction.

While I would like a Partisan X-wing in XWM (painted me up one), I am doubtful about it and esp. about a Partisan Z95 actually appearing, cause the colour scheme is really close to the  Black Sun Soldier scheme.

(We really could have some use of a but more pilot variety among Z95 and Y pilots, but I do not see FFG releasing that right now, unfortunately, maybe when the film about young Han Solo comes, due to the older ships fitting time-wise).

And FFG probably won't miss the marketing power of a Rebels Hera X-wing, releasing both will be a bit too many X-wings to sell (FFG is after all in it for the dollares).

Edited by Managarmr
added timeline comment

7 hours ago, BVRCH said:

We don't actually know who DJ is. He could be a part of the resistance, he could be head of security on Canto Bight, he might not even have a ship. I am with you though, I want him to be the new Bounty Hunter so bad! :P or a spy for the First Order that infiltrates the resistance.

He has a ship. There are some pictures of his cockpit.

TLJ-DJ-Movie-no.jpg landscape-1504522916-benicio-del-toro-dj

It's a very smooth and modern ship, apparently. (I wouldn't doubt if it looks on the outside something like the early concepts of the Millennium Falcon, since the new trilogy loves the unused concept art by Ralph McQuarrie)

So far we can think of him something like a Lando.