Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FranquesEnbiens

Initiative One Episode 2

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone, we just published Episode 2 (and a bonus episode) of our podcast, and we hope you'll give us a listen! Thanks for everyone who has listened so far, and we are taking some ideas from the forums for our next episode. If you have questions for us, ideas, or just want to say hey, we would love to hear from you!

Episode 2: http://initiativeone.libsyn.com/episode-2-get-in-my-belly

Bonus! http://initiativeone.libsyn.com/episode-2b-for-bonus-uthuk-armies-of-dubious-quality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We talk all things Uthuk this episode AND make our best lists out of two Uthuk starters and one infantry command box in the bonus segment. Check us out if you haven't already and thanks for listening! We are trying to help grow the Runewars content out there, so let us know what you think! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, maxam said:

Great episode(s) - thanks!

Thanks for listening!

3 hours ago, TheWiseGuy said:

I'm stoked on all the runewars content coming out. Ill give this a listen to tomorrow :). Great job guys.

When you do, just imagine every time I say "volatile runes" that I am saying unstable instead. I am just going to call them red, green, and blue runes from now on ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FranquesEnbiens said:

When you do, just imagine every time I say "volatile runes" that I am saying unstable instead. I am just going to call them red, green, and blue runes from now on ;)

Oh, I didn't even notice. Don't worry about it.

Volatile Runes is one of my favorite objectives so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really enjoyed your second installment! You guys have great synergy together, and it truly makes for a very informative and entertaining listen. JJ was a great addition to the cast this episode as well. Atomic Empire sounds like an amazing store from how you guys describe it. As a new prospective player, this kind of great content really gets me excited about finally being able to play this amazing game. 

From the outside, miniatures gaming has always seemed very intimidating to me, both in the huge money investment and the time commitment to dedicate to a single hobby. But moreover, what kept me out of it for so many years was my many misconceptions about the community and the people involved in it. Falling prey to stereotypes, my own irrational thinking and foolishness kept me from seeing what is actually a very warm and welcoming group of amazing human beings. The love and dedication I have seen for this game on these forums has really baffled me, and the sense of camaraderie between you guys really reflects on this community and makes me feel truly welcomed. 

I think I'm here to stay, in no small part thanks to people like you.

Lastly, as a follow up to all my nonsense rambling :lol:, I would be very interested to hear what you guys have to say on the topics of inclusivity and misconceptions about miniatures gaming in your next installment. Thanks, and cheers!

PS: Guess who ordered Latari Elves as their starting army from Atomic Empire about a week ago ;)?

 

Edited by Alicitorte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TheWiseGuy said:

I'm stoked on all the runewars content coming out. Ill give this a listen to tomorrow :). Great job guys.

Thanks! Your battle reports rock! 

20 hours ago, maxam said:

Great episode(s) - thanks!

Thanks for listening! We appreciate the support as we get rolling! 

13 hours ago, Alicitorte said:

Really enjoyed your second installment! You guys have great synergy together, and it truly makes for a very informative and entertaining listen. JJ was a great addition to the cast this episode as well. Atomic Empire sounds like an amazing store from how you guys describe it. As a new prospective player, this kind of great content really gets me excited about finally being able to play this amazing game. 

From the outside, miniatures gaming has always seemed very intimidating to me, both in the huge money investment and the time commitment to dedicate to a single hobby. But moreover, what kept me out of it for so many years was my many misconceptions about the community and the people involved in it. Falling prey to stereotypes, my own irrational thinking and foolishness kept me from seeing what is actually a very warm and welcoming group of amazing human beings. The love and dedication I have seen for this game on these forums has really baffled me, and the sense of camaraderie between you guys really reflects on this community and makes me feel truly welcomed. 

I think I'm here to stay, in no small part thanks to people like you.

Lastly, as a follow up to all my nonsense rambling :lol:, I would be very interested to hear what you guys have to say on the topics of inclusivity and misconceptions about miniatures gaming in your next installment. Thanks, and cheers!

PS: Guess who ordered Latari Elves as their starting army from Atomic Empire about a week ago ;)?

 

Much appreciated--the kind words keep us excited to crank out more content! We definitely hope to touch on community building in an upcoming episode, and I do think your points on inclusivity and misconceptions when it comes to mini gaming is an important part of that topic. Thanks for your support! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listened to all the episodes this weekend while doing some painting. Really like what you guys are doing EXCEPT for the Reanimates hate. LOL.

Ive had fun playing the Wormstar, using it to hold onto objective points or just tarpit enemy units

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2017 at 5:56 PM, natertot said:

Great podcast folks. Please keep them coming.

Thanks for the listen! We hope to keep on the every two week release schedule. 

1 hour ago, darkjawa103 said:

Listened to all the episodes this weekend while doing some painting. Really like what you guys are doing EXCEPT for the Reanimates hate. LOL.

Ive had fun playing the Wormstar, using it to hold onto objective points or just tarpit enemy units

Thanks and sorry about the Reanimate hate. For what it's worth, we had a ten person event this past weekend and a Reanimate-heavy build just missed third place. He ran: 

Ardus with Ancient Technique 

2 tray Archers

4 trays of Reanimates with embedded Maro

6 trays of Reanimates with File Leader, Support Carrion Lancer, Moment of Inspiration 

Single tray Carrion Lancer

Single tray Carrion Lancer

Maybe a few missing upgrades, but it was quite effective. I believe he is contemplating Column Tactics on the Archers for when he summons two additional ranks onto the small unit. Super cool build, so there is hope! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, what, that's what I want to hear about most: Reanimate hate. Where does it come from? What are they weak to...ok, that may be too long, so what are they strong against? With upgrades we have now, how can you really leverage what they do? Is there anything in the way of potential upgrades down the road that might make them better? I want to hear a good, healthy discussion on this topic. Don't hesitate to include examples from battles that sting you to this day because no matter what you did, your Reanimates couldn't save you. I have my own ideas, but I really want to hear your opinions, because they seem to be very strong opinions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×