DesignXception

Ships Worthy of More Than Two Of

1 minute ago, shmitty said:
  • Assault Pelta - STM!, Projection Experts, Raymus, External Racks
  • 4x HH - ACM, Ord Experts, TF:A
  • Han, Hera, Tycho, Shara

It is really fun, TF:A + STM makes the HHs resilient enough and the long range ACMs work as long as you can gang up on people.  It melts ISDs.  Han and Hera are key for the Rogue/Grit combo.  Han especially as he can get in place early in a turn.  Hera helps the A's get where they need to be, which is frequently in an asteroid field.

I may steal this....

47 minutes ago, shmitty said:

Please do and let me know what you think.

I ran a 3 HH version (same build) a while back and it was weirdly pretty solid. I had an AF in there as well and some squadrons, but I put it down after 2-3 games for some reason. I'll let you know how it goes

On 11/30/2017 at 2:14 PM, WigTii said:

I purchased one ship for each title also until Wave 6.  The lack of unique titles for the Hammerheads prompted me to reevaluate how many ships to add to my collection.  How many HH's did you pick up?

I should have been more specific, that is for the Empire I was doing this with the Rebels but then the released the most butt ugly model (AF MkII) and I will not buy a single one of them so I stopped with the rebels kind of. I have not yet got any Hammerheads (I plan to, just not yet) so I can not say how many I will get, I mostly play Empire and the Rebel players in the area have never used more than two against me. So far they have not impressed me much so not sure how many.

This has been an interesting read so far.

I've collected almost everything, short only a box of Hammerheads (mostly an IMP player). I only have doubles of: CR-90s, Nebulon Bs, Victory ISDs, GR-75s and Arquitens. I don't even have double squadron packs, aside from multiple TIE Defenders I bought separately.

I have yet to find myself wanting for anything, other than realizing if I played Rebels more often I'd want a 2nd Assault Frigate and that if I ever went with Hammerheads I'd probably want two boxes (they seam to work good in groups of at least 3). I don't like to spam stuff and I find spam lists to be one-off "shiggles & gits" shenanigans that I don't want to spend the $ to own double or even triples of most ships!

I have 8 CR-90's, but I ran MSU's into the ground around waves 1 and 3/4.  I have two liberties and three Home One variants also (I actually kind of like an Ackbar w/ 3 HOnes with ET's list, uncompetitive though it may be).  I also have 3 AF's, 3 MC30's, and 3 Nebs.  I have far fewer Imperial ships, with two of most, and only one Glad and one Goz.  I will have a third ISD soon though (Chimaera is going to look so beautiful with a big, bold, teal rebel symbol painted across her hull).

I am a bit of a collector though, and sometimes go overboard.  It does help that @Mikael Hasselstein had a bunch of rebel ships he'd come by and had no use for.

On 12/1/2017 at 10:47 AM, shmitty said:
  • Assault Pelta - STM!, Projection Experts, Raymus, External Racks
  • 4x HH - ACM, Ord Experts, TF:A
  • Han, Hera, Tycho, Shara

It is really fun, TF:A + STM makes the HHs resilient enough and the long range ACMs work as long as you can gang up on people.  It melts ISDs.  Han and Hera are key for the Rogue/Grit combo.  Han especially as he can get in place early in a turn.  Hera helps the A's get where they need to be, which is frequently in an asteroid field.

I can definitely vouch for the Hammerhead ACM/OE/TFA swarm with Sato. I used 3 in my Corellian Campaign and in the last match was able to put down 20+ damage on an ISD in one turn. It did not last long after that.