DesignXception

Ships Worthy of More Than Two Of

15 hours ago, Church14 said:

Competitive: MC30, Hammerheads, CR90, Arquitens, flotillas. That is all. 

Less competitive: Liberties, Raiders

This hurt my heart.

I have 5 Raiders, have fielded five raiders, and have considered getting a sixth since, you know, it would fit in a list.

2 minutes ago, Eggzavier said:

2016 called, it wants its meta back

Occasionally you can pop them, but yes, you are right. I managed to finish 2nd at London Masters with them. Also, getting weird looks for odd lists is priceless, especially if you win:) I hope theyll get a rogue keyword specific upgrade to boost them a bit.

21 minutes ago, ryanabt said:

This hurt my heart.

I have 5 Raiders, have fielded five raiders, and have considered getting a sixth since, you know, it would fit in a list.

I love me some raiders. But not many tourney lists see more than 2. I’m an irresponsibly energetic fan of 3 Liberty class builds, but I don’t advocate people buy a third for competitions. 

So far the multiples I have are 3 Cr90s, two Raiders, and two Victories.  Pretty sure they have all been on the board, except maybe the second Raider, I can't remember.  Obviously I will be getting the Chimera for a second ISD, but I have been pondering a second Assault Frigate (my games are pretty casual) or maybe a second Arquitens.

5 hours ago, CDAT said:

I get one for each title so for some (Interdictor) I only have one, others (ISD) I have three. The only time that I have issues making lists is when I am supplying ships for more than one player (and the Interdictor is still never used).

I purchased one ship for each title also until Wave 6.  The lack of unique titles for the Hammerheads prompted me to reevaluate how many ships to add to my collection.  How many HH's did you pick up?

I don't own more than three of any single ship, nor have I felt the need to. I would, however, like to do a Raider swarm. If I ever feel the need to make that a reality, I'd probably just borrow them until I get it out of my system.

Regarding more than two, I do have three Gladiators, Raiders, Gozantis, Arquitens, and Victorys. (I won two ISDs at Sullust after I had purchased one, so I sold it back. Since the Chimaera is coming out, I certainly don't regret doing so.)  I don't think I ever flew all of the Vics at any one time, though, so that may have been an unintended waste, aside from the cards. I've only purchased one Quasar and one Interdictor, which has been fine.

I'm not going to count my Rebel ships, because I honestly can't remember. They're in the oubliette/detention box somewhere, gathering dust. That, or they've been sold off to fund the Imperial war machine.

15 hours ago, Ardaedhel said:

Also, I'm pretty sure I saw that somebody actually took such a beast to a tourney over in @shmitty's neck of the woods. It may have been @Admiral Theia?

You are correct, sir!

10 hours ago, rasproteus said:

The idea is ridiculous all on its own -- you either go for the full 19, or you take 17 and Blount.  Why would anyone run 18?

4 hours ago, Ardaedhel said:

I agree, I'm talking models--this was assuming Blount is one.

This is also correct. You are on a roll!

lets see I have for the Rebels:

4xCR90, 4xNebulon B, 2xPelta, 1xGR75 flotilla, 3xMC30, 2xMC80L, 2xMC80H1, 2xHammerhead

For the Empire I have:

2xRaider, 1xGozanti flotilla, 3xGladiator, 2xInterdictor, 3xVictory, 2xISD, 3x Arqutiens

I will eventually purchase another Rouge & villain ( I have 1 ) and either a couple of more Squadron packs for both sides ( or just the squads I need from them).

currently I only plan on buying 1 Chimaera and 1 MC75.

4 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

I've really been considering a 3rd Raider, but I'm not the greatest at keeping them alive. Even though I know the trick is to set up a nice screen at 2 speed. Also... the 3rd wouldn't fit my paint scheme. 

Imperial homers, is a 3rd raider worth it????

I won one of the local store champs with a 1 GSD, 4 Raider, 2 Gozanti fleet that I brought for funsies but did surprisingly well, so there's that. I won just a regular store tournament with an Avenger BT, 3 Raider, 2 Gozanti fleet as well. But then again, I love Raiders so that's me.

I really have a hard time recommending more than 4 of the silly things but 2 for most people is probably enough.

ISDs: Chimaera will bring 6 ship cards. So with 2+Chimaera you are fine, I think.

GSDs: cause they are awesome. 

Raiders: cause they are as awesome as GSDs but even easier to put together in the same fleet. 

Gozantis: cause are good and allow ISDs to fight the activation battle.

VSDs: if you like that ship. I like so maybe I am biased (I have 4)

Arquitens: not sure. I have 3 but I didn't play enough with then to have an idea, not even one.

Quasar: I actually opened a thread about of 2 worth it. I really doubt 3 did it.

Interdictors: if it had the price of a raider I would have 6 of them. But I think 2 are enough. 

Raider>gsd>goz>vsd>arq>isd>int>qua 

9 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

I've really been considering a 3rd Raider, but I'm not the greatest at keeping them alive. Even though I know the trick is to set up a nice screen at 2 speed. Also... the 3rd wouldn't fit my paint scheme. 

Imperial homers, is a 3rd raider worth it????

I have four of them so that probably means three is the the most any sane person would want.

Ship, Fun number for multiples in a fleet, required number based on what actually worked (buy this)

(Core JUST 1) 
(Extra dice +1)

VSD 3 2            1 2 3 all good
Corv 6 ?           As many up to 6
Neb 3 1                MEH
Glad 3 1              Fun, but competitive only need 1
AF 2 2                just right
Raider 2 1           meh. i find 2 fun
Shrimp 4 3           <-   These are really goooood.  
transport 3 3           comp and sometimes you just need em.
gozanti 3 3             again competitive.  feel free to get up to 8 though
Home One 2 1      but 2 with ackbar is very good
ISD 3 3                 more fun with more  <- this is very fun.  < get a Chimaera and 2 ISDs. 
arkittens 2 0       BIG MEH
Interdictor 1 0       BIGGER MEH. But ask Dras if you want 2. 
Quasar 1 1            Decent
Liberty 1 0           Eh. 
Hammerheads 4 ?      not enough data
MC75 ? ?

Squads
ImpI   2 2
RebI  2 2
RV 3 2
ImpII 2 2?
RebII 2 2
CC 1

Waiting on Venator, Corvus, Finalizer, CIS ships, SSD. (Let's wait and see about the mega-deth-wing-thing-ep8)

On 11/30/2017 at 4:00 AM, geek19 said:

The list they had there seemed... Sub optimal in my opinion. IIRC, it was 3 Peltas (only one of which had AFFM or any command), Leia, and 2 GRs. It might have been 2 and 3, but the point was the same. I was..... Not a fan of it, personally. In my OPINION, it wasn't leveraging Leia for anything beyond "push 18 z95s" which sure is technically a thing you CAN do. I again state my lack of appreciation of the list.

And that's as PC as I can get about THAT.

You recall incorrectly :-P  I've rarely used Peltas, and never more than one.  I do believe I was running Leia, and one Pelta, 17 regular Z's and Blount.  I believe I pushed them with EHB/FController Hammerheads (so yeah, sub-optimal) and two GR-75's.  It didn't work out too well, but to be fair, I'd not had a chance to practice and refine it at all.  I actually played @shmitty with it in that tournament.  @shmitty, you don't still have the lists from that tournament, do you?

10 minutes ago, Admiral Theia said:

You recall incorrectly :-P  I've rarely used Peltas, and never more than one.  I do believe I was running Leia, and one Pelta, 17 regular Z's and Blount.  I believe I pushed them with EHB/FController Hammerheads (so yeah, sub-optimal) and two GR-75's.  It didn't work out too well, but to be fair, I'd not had a chance to practice and refine it at all.  I actually played @shmitty with it in that tournament.  @shmitty, you don't still have the lists from that tournament, do you?

I don't think I do, but think I was running my Sato/HH fleet and use lots of black die flak.

14 minutes ago, Admiral Theia said:

Ha, by "there" I meant BoLS. I'm glad you got them to work for you, and weirdly I might be ok seeing them from hammerheads. But I didn't care for the bell of lost souls list. I'm glad it worked for you though!

5 minutes ago, shmitty said:

I don't think I do, but think I was running my Sato/HH fleet and use lots of black die flak.

A man after my own brain. How've you been running your Sato HH? I'm figuring with all the big ship love next wave long range ACMs seems SUPER fun.

4 minutes ago, geek19 said:

A man after my own brain. How've you been running your Sato HH? I'm figuring with all the big ship love next wave long range ACMs seems SUPER fun.

• Assault Pelta - STM!, Projection Experts, Raymus, External Racks
  • 4x HH - ACM, Ord Experts, TF:A
  • Han, Hera, Tycho, Shara

It is really fun, TF:A + STM makes the HHs resilient enough and the long range ACMs work as long as you can gang up on people.  It melts ISDs.  Han and Hera are key for the Rogue/Grit combo.  Han especially as he can get in place early in a turn.  Hera helps the A's get where they need to be, which is frequently in an asteroid field.

Edited by shmitty