Browncoat50

Debris Gambit

13 minutes ago, punkUser said:

When you have comm relay the action economy question with intensity as not really as relevant, particularly when compared to debris gambit which for the same price doesn't improve it either when using comm relay. If you're not ever going to get 2 evades (due to comm relay) it's of even more questionable value.

The action economy question is totally relevant, because intensity flips.

Two ships, one with debris gambit/comm relay, the other with intensity/commrelay.

Round 1, both ships exchange fire, both ships lose all tokens.

Round 2, Debris ship reloads evade, intensity boosts and flips to relaod evade. Both ships lose tokens and take a damage.

Round 3, Debris ship reloads evade, intensity ship focuses to try to recharge intensity. No shots

Round 4, Debris ship has focus evade again, Intensity ship is just reloading the evade this turn.

Here's a Debris Gambit list I plan to try:

Poe Dameron (PS8 Version) (42)
T-70 X-Wing (31), Black One (1), R2-D2 (4), Advanced Optics (2), Debris Gambit (2), Autothrusters (2)

Fenn Rau (24)
Sheathipede (20), Veteran Instincts (1), Jan Ors (2), Flight Assist Astromech (1)

Nien Nunb (34)
T-70 X-Wing (29), R3-A2 (2), Primed Thrusters (1), Snap Shot (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

Poe doesn't need PS 9 as Fenn can help him arc-dodge and trigger Black One at PS 11 (or trigger Debris Gambit depending on positioning). Jan Ors is there in case someone's really going to take a lot of shots and Fenn can Coordinate an evade token over there (e.g. Poe takes Debris Gambit as his action, then gets a coordinated Focus from Fenn which becomes a third evade token). Plus FAA on Fenn helps get him pointed in a direction to suppress attacking tokens.

8 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

The action economy question is totally relevant, because intensity flips.

Obviously, but you're pretending that the boost/BR doesn't count as a useful action? And that you can always get debris gambit to trigger? Under those conditions, sure, but that's a bit contrived (particularly the first bit)...

I still maintain there are far better choices to pair with Comm Relay than debris gambit, and vice versa.

Edited by punkUser

On 11/29/2017 at 2:00 PM, punkUser said:

No guys, I've cracked the code: 2x a-wings with debris gambit w/ swarm leader corran double-tap! ;)

This could be fun, it would be hard to pull off “the perfect shot” or in this case shots as you would need so many things to actually correlate.  Also, I don’t think I could run Corran with swarm leader.

4 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

I mean. You can survive three different attacks with those.

What's bad about that? Or has X-Wing truly become that unplayable?

Well if your uncloaked phantom is taking three attacks it's already dead.

That aside I think the EPT is garbage, but I'm also irritated that we've been getting a lot of TIEs with two agility and no evade.  And now FFG are offering to sell back our evade and agility in exchange for more points and more slots.  Every TIE should have an evade action.  Full stop.

7 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

That aside I think the EPT is garbage, but I'm also irritated that we've been getting a lot of TIEs with two agility and no evade.  And now FFG are offering to sell back our evade and agility in exchange for more points and more slots.  Every TIE should have an evade action.  Full stop.

Even the TIE Punisher?

11 minutes ago, HolySorcerer said:

I’m sure the Firespray would gladly trade its evade action for boost or B-roll.

On 11/29/2017 at 1:26 PM, Browncoat50 said:

This feels like it would be awesome on Echo or Whisper. Even using collision detector this could make for a fun revival for the Tie Phantom 

Maybe?  I mean, PS 9 kinda doesn't always get the attack in to trigger Advanced Cloaking Device before you need to defend, so perhaps having multiple Evade tokens for the 2 green dice would be better.  I'm dubious of Phantoms in general these days.

//

As to general builds:

Quickdraw (Debris Gambit, FCS or Accuracy Corrector, Advanced Optics, SOT Title, LWF).  It feels good.