Boba Rick

What Do You Think of My New Slender Norra?

1 hour ago, StriderZessei said:

No Focus action required.

Revealing a green maneuver activates BB-8, which activates Intensity. Then, Experimental Interface allows Norra to use Jyn Erso's ability, granting multiple focus with her dual arcs.

Actions/effects that grant you a focus don't count as a Focus action.

Bingo. 

Surprisingly enough, if this goes according to plan, the focus action itself will rarely be used.

2 hours ago, Boba Rick said:

here's the list in its final form:

I like it a lot. Don’t even have any suggestions. Fenn is nice and cheap, but his pilot ability means he’ll still be a threat, and Coordinate gives him plenty of utility. Norra is the heavy hitter; Poe is the ace counter. PS 11 alpha strikes could still be an issue, but Fenn can help with that. 

Slimmer Norra?

Well remember, she is a mom and honestly many of them might run a bit over pre-baby size and that's fine; a few pork-out and the rest slim down and try to regain that youthful, unbound allure. I can honestly see the initial merits of both. Now natural Norra (or even slightly pork-out Norra) will be far easier to be around if you're working or hanging out with her. She'll certainly treat her mate better and will enjoy regalement and libations with much greater enthusiasm. Slim Norra will be easier on the eyes for most sure, but she'll also draw the attention of passers by and other miscreants. This is the real danger. With all that attention drawn to slim Norra, it will cause real issues with your activities. She'll be focused upon with such quick unwanted attention, that it'll probably be the ruin of that good thing you once had going. And remember this, if you get in a straight that is downright dangerous and she's there, natural or pork-out Norra can surprisingly crack some heads right along with you, if need be.

Edited by clanofwolves

puh, every time I see experimental interface it feels like it is too expensive, but these are a lot of actions and the overall build cost is the same as bb aggressive norra. The free evade is pretty neat! My only concern with this build is, that it loses it's potential once you can't trigger Jyn. 

I hope you don't mind that I put a more conservative approach together. 

Norra Wexley (29)
Push the Limit (3)
Kyle Katarn (3)
BB-8 (2)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

Poe Dameron (31)
Adaptability (0)
R2-D2 (4)
Advanced Optics (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Fenn Rau (Sheathipede) (20)
Wired (1)
Jan Ors (2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Edited by warmdown
changed html to bb code

On 29/11/2017 at 6:13 PM, Force Majeure said:

I thought this post was about your wife.

Kidding. (In the past you've mentioned she plays X-wing).

Back on topic:
That's a neat-o build. You've got to test it though. And find some wing-men.

Same here, came for snazzy pics.. 

On 29/11/2017 at 5:27 PM, Boba Rick said:

So, the Norra I usually run is a little thicc at 43 points, but in trying to fit her in with Poe and a Phantom II she's sadly had to lose some weight.  Down to 38 points and this time she might just keep it off! 

I think I came up with some sweet Combo-Wing stuff here! 

Norra Wexley (38) ARC-170 (29), BB-8 (2), Intensity (2), Jyn Erso (2), Alliance Overhaul (0), Experimental Interface (3)

Well, then let me paint a picture here of your Nora:

She rolls dirty with that intense look, and evades your touch, while keeping you in constant focus, just a bit stressed, right before she slowly moves and keeps you right on target. 

She’ll do.

53 minutes ago, Boba Rick said:

@warmdown, can you fix that link?  It's not working on this end.

ups, copied the html and not bb code - sorry for the mess!

Norra Wexley (29)
Push the Limit (3)
Kyle Katarn (3)
BB-8 (2)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

Poe Dameron (31)
Adaptability (0)
R2-D2 (4)
Advanced Optics (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Black One (1)

Fenn Rau (Sheathipede) (20)
Wired (1)
Jan Ors (2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Jan Ors of course is optional, and easy to remove if you insist of having Pow on PS11. Othwerise it is an alternativ in case you want to be less depended on other ships in Norra's arc. Anywhow, I like your build of Norra and will give it a try on our games night this weekend! 

On 11/29/2017 at 8:27 AM, Boba Rick said:

So, the Norra I usually run is a little thicc at 43 points, but in trying to fit her in with Poe and a Phantom II she's sadly had to lose some weight.  Down to 38 points and this time she might just keep it off! 

I think I came up with some sweet Combo-Wing stuff here! 

Norra Wexley (38) ARC-170 (29), BB-8 (2), Intensity (2), Jyn Erso (2), Alliance Overhaul (0), Experimental Interface (3)

Here's how it works:

1) Reveal a green maneuver and do a barrel roll.

2) Barrel roll actives Intensity and she gets a free evade token.

3) EI into Jyn Erso and hopefully get at least two focus tokens (front and back arc!).  Get a stress token.

4) Complete green maneuver and lose stress token.

5) Do a Target Lock.

When she's done she's got 1 Evade, 2 or 3 Focus Tokens, a Target Lock, and NO STRESS.  She should have an available focus token to flip Intensity back over again at the end of the round.  If it looks like she WON'T have enough focus tokens then I have a coordinate ship in my list that can just coordinate to her to do a focus action.

What do you think?

In theory you can also use this technique with the Sheathipede as well.