Boba Rick

What Do You Think of My New Slender Norra?

So, the Norra I usually run is a little thicc at 43 points, but in trying to fit her in with Poe and a Phantom II she's sadly had to lose some weight.  Down to 38 points and this time she might just keep it off! 

I think I came up with some sweet Combo-Wing stuff here! 

Norra Wexley (38) ARC-170 (29), BB-8 (2), Intensity (2), Jyn Erso (2), Alliance Overhaul (0), Experimental Interface (3)

Here's how it works:

1) Reveal a green maneuver and do a barrel roll.

2) Barrel roll actives Intensity and she gets a free evade token.

3) EI into Jyn Erso and hopefully get at least two focus tokens (front and back arc!).  Get a stress token.

4) Complete green maneuver and lose stress token.

5) Do a Target Lock.

When she's done she's got 1 Evade, 2 or 3 Focus Tokens, a Target Lock, and NO STRESS.  She should have an available focus token to flip Intensity back over again at the end of the round.  If it looks like she WON'T have enough focus tokens then I have a coordinate ship in my list that can just coordinate to her to do a focus action.

What do you think?

Edited by Boba Rick

The biggest issue I've had with running Norra is getting wrecked by tlt's.  How do you beat kanan or miranda/nym?  Also, most of the time I barrel roll with her I wish I had boost instead.

2 minutes ago, hawk32 said:

The biggest issue I've had with running Norra is getting wrecked by tlt's.  How do you beat kanan or miranda/nym?  Also, most of the time I barrel roll with her I wish I had boost instead.

Yeah, for real.  My only hope in those cases is to hit them VERY hard and delete one before they start firing.  But that's with regen, I wonder if this really suffers to that?  

Just now, Boba Rick said:

Yeah, for real.  My only hope in those cases is to hit them VERY hard and delete one before they start firing.  But that's with regen, I wonder if this really suffers to that?  

I would assume it suffers worse, since tlt's will be doing 2-4 damage a turn instead of 1-3.  Honestly though, maybe I'm just playing her wrong.  I've run the r2-d2 version the times I've player her, but your build looks very interesting.

So focus, focus, evade, target lock, barrel roll practically every round?

How the **** did X-Wing get to the point where we're genuinely wondering if a 38 point ship with FIVE ACTIONS A ROUND is good?????

If you want my opinion: I like it. It's classy, and pretty strong for the cost. She won't be able to kite as effectively with no regen, no Engine, and being tied to greens; but her offensive efficiency should make up for that.

If you want a skinny Norra, though, I might suggest VI, Rey, R2-D2, and VT at the same point cost. It's a more "standard" build, which might not be better, but I think it'll fly more like how Norra is used to flying.

12 minutes ago, Ailowynn said:

So focus, focus, evade, target lock, barrel roll practically every round?

How the **** did X-Wing get to the point where we're genuinely wondering if a 38 point ship with FIVE ACTIONS A ROUND is good?????

If you want my opinion: I like it. It's classy, and pretty strong for the cost. She won't be able to kite as effectively with no regen, no Engine, and being tied to greens; but her offensive efficiency should make up for that.

If you want a skinny Norra, though, I might suggest VI, Rey, R2-D2, and VT at the same point cost. It's a more "standard" build, which might not be better, but I think it'll fly more like how Norra is used to flying.

Lol, I know, right?  I looked at this and was like, "What did I just do?  This can't really do what I think it does."

Do you remember that build I was talking with you about, PS 10 Poe with R2D2 and AdvOptics, Fenn Rau, and the wookie?  I am pretty sure I'm going to replace the wookie with this.  The other build just felt like it didn't punch hard enough, so I think this will do it.

Edited by Boba Rick

I like the idea of "slender" Norra still being 38pts when my default Norra is 39pts.  There aren't really cheap builds for Norra that make sense mostly because her pilot ability still requires two actions or at the very least pseudo actions to help turn the eye results into something useful.  I guess you could basically make her a 9hp battering ram by just equipping expertise for a 33pter, but that's still a lot of points to not bother with survivability upgrades.

I have been running the fat norra at 48pts with R2, PTL, AO, Sabine, Cluster, EM and EU.  Nobody expects the Arc to drop cluster mines.

I like it. I think my favourite part is stacking focus. The defensive increase due to the token stack is really nice. If Jyn doesn't work out one round? Take an intense focus, need an evade another round? Trigger Jyn. It has nice failsafes even though she's not regenerating shields.

Put her next to Shara and you can be triggering her ability on both attack and defense almost every round.

3 hours ago, Npmartian said:

Checklist added: Go buy an ARC.

It looks pretty strong on paper, but it might be better/worse after playtesting. My only concern is that 1 green die with focus/evade still won't keep you alive for long without regen.

By two and role em with a super light K-wing for DAT WINGSPAN build.

14 hours ago, Npmartian said:

Checklist added: Go buy an ARC.

It looks pretty strong on paper, but it might be better/worse after playtesting. My only concern is that 1 green die with focus/evade still won't keep you alive for long without regen.

Very true, it's a risk, but Norra hits so hard that she *might* kill before she is killed.  My idea is to run her with Rebel Rau who will nerf one ship of the opponents squad and be annoying enough for them to attack HIM and not Norra for the first round or two. 

Also If you can manage an evade every turn, in a way it's kinda like front-loaded regen.

@Ailowynn, here's the list in its final form:

Fenn Rau (Sheathipede) — Sheathipede-class Shuttle 20   (Also known as a 21 point Biggs.)
Wired 1
Ship Total: 21

Norra Wexley — ARC-170 29   (Kill before killed.)
Intensity 2
Jyn Erso 2
BB-8 2
Experimental Interface 3
Alliance Overhaul 0
Ship Total: 38

Poe Dameron — T-70 X-Wing 31   (Never dies, I hope. PS 10.)
Veteran Instincts 1
R2-D2 4
Advanced Optics 2
Autothrusters 2
Black One 1
Ship Total: 41
Edited by Boba Rick

12 minutes ago, Alekzanter said:

Can't perform the same action more than once per round, thus cannot Coordinate for a focus action after taking a focus action. Or am I missing something?

No Focus action required.

Revealing a green maneuver activates BB-8, which activates Intensity. Then, Experimental Interface allows Norra to use Jyn Erso's ability, granting multiple focus with her dual arcs.

Actions/effects that grant you a focus don't count as a Focus action.

Edited by StriderZessei