Disappointing ruling imo. double slam was hard to pull off. Using the second slam might have limited the damage overall, but unmitigated damage can be highly valuable in some situations. I liked the flexibility against a certain Correllian smuggler who likes to dodge or play on the lam.

1 hour ago, The Archangel said:

Btw, is the +1 DMG in his fix card added to the Slam too or just his ranged attack? I always miss it when playing....

Funny. I have a separate red die I use for +DMG (and a seperate green die I use for focus. both clear ones from Regionals prizes). When I use a character like that, I put the special die down when I attack. I started doing that with Bossk +2 DMG and now do it with Greedo +1 DMG. You'll never forget it then. 

Edited by NeverBetTheFett

2 minutes ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

Funny. I have a separate red die I use for +DMG (and a seperate green die I use for focus. both clear ones from Regionals prizes). When I use a character like that, I put the special die down when I attack. I started doing that with Bossk +2 DMG and now do it with Greedo +1 DMG. You'll never forget it then. 

I will say that when you put down the +2 with Bossk it felt like you rolled an extra red which was awesome!

4 hours ago, NeverBetTheFett said:

The ruling doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. The wording is the exact same as Jedi Luke (as you elude to), yet he can attack twice in 1 activation. Does this also mean that Vader can only "force choke" once per round? I assume someone already asked this, but I don't see the thread. 

Here is my take on why Luke works and Chewie doesn't.

Luke is using an ability called HEROIC to perform an attack (that doesn't count as an action)

Chewie is getting a cost modification to an existing special action, it doesn't change that fact that it is a special action. Because it is a special action still (that now doesn't cost an action to perform), it is restricted by the "can't perform the same special action twice during an activation"

A way that Chewie would have been able to double slam is if his Wookiee Avenger Card gave him a new ability.. let's call it HEROIC TOSS. This ability allows you to perform a Slam and doesn't count as an action. In this situation, Chewie would be able to use HEROIC Toss and Slam because they are different abilities. Similar to how Biv in campaign can perform Close and Personal and then use Last Stand (which performs a close and personal among other things)

Edited by frotes

1 hour ago, The Archangel said:

What can I say? It's pretty easy to miss the +1 DMG compared to the paragraph that tries to explain Debts Repaid. :P

That's a great tip! I might even put the die on the actual deployment card so I see it and remember when I activate Chewie.

You're totally right in that these cards are so **** confusing! As for the +DMG I used to love slapping down a +2 DMG when I used Bossk "so this gets added to my roll". I'd love the look on my opponent's face. Same seems true with Greedo, like "he can do that?".

49 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

Chewie's fix does need a fix. Make Debts Repaid optional. The design of wrecking your hand if you don't want include a 3pt command card in your deck is so frustratingly bad.

Agreed.  Though I'd love for the fix to allow you to put the card in your command card deck without its 3 points counting against your 15-point limit for your deck.  I just want Chewie and a wookie-centric list to work so bad.

-ryanjamal

29 minutes ago, ryanjamal said:

Agreed.  Though I'd love for the fix to allow you to put the card in your command card deck without its 3 points counting against your 15-point limit for your deck.  I just want Chewie and a wookie-centric list to work so bad.

-ryanjamal

Imagine a world were "Fury of Kashyyyk" dropped the "Attachment, Wookiee Only" text, making it army-wide, and read:

After an attack targeting a Wookiee figure is resolved, if that figure suffered 3 or more (DMG), it becomes Focused.

1 hour ago, Smashotron said:

Imagine a world were "Fury of Kashyyyk" dropped the "Attachment, Wookiee Only" text, making it army-wide, and read:

After an attack targeting a Wookiee figure is resolved, if that figure suffered 3 or more (DMG), it becomes Focused.

I'd price a faction-wide Fury of Kashyyyk at 5 pts but yeah that could work

I've always put Balance of the Force in my Chewie lists to offset the mandatory Debts Repaid command cost issue. That's a band aid fix though. Still down a CC to build a deck and a deployment point. I don't mind having DR in my hand or my opponent knowing because it can play mind games and effect my opponent's strategy. Drawing one less card is a certainly a nuisance.

Maybe they can modify the wording to something like, "If you have Debts Repaid in your command deck, search for it, reveal it, add it to your hand and shuffle your deck." Totally optional. You don't have to include it when you play Chewie. But if you do have DR, their original intent of making it a mandatory draw stays intact. I'm all for getting rid of drawing one less card and/or losing DR's 3 point cost regardless.

Another option would be to make DR more worth it. Change the "fix" wording to make Debts Repaid like SoS or BoG where you can ready and focus Chewie after an activation instead of needing a friendly figure to die. It also lifts the strategic hassle of activating him early in a round to possibly trigger it. I feel Chewie would then be a more daunting figure with his ranged attack/free Slam combo and finally be in the realm of IG-88, Vader, Jedi Luke and Han. That's a long shot though because my impression is they don't like messing with the CCs (which is a good thing).

At the end of the day, it needs an FAQ fix. Either get rid of the mandatory Debts Repaid include or make it worth the cost and incentivize us to include it. Or go crazy and do both!