Ziggy0134

Add # Confusion

Just got my copy in the mail this evening!  Looking through the rules and still don’t understand how the “add#” result works.  I understand adding the card of the number given, but the 4 other cards (assuming 4 players) have me wondering if they mean from the card library. Aren’t those all in order?  Wouldn’t they be the same every game?  Do you pick the first 4 with the matching back or are you supposed to shuffle all of them in?  Some of the encounter cards don’t make sense in certain scenarios.

Edited by Ziggy0134

Whenever you add a Wasteland or Settlement encounter card from the card library you take the card along with cards equal to number of players from the deck that matches the back of the added card and shuffle those together, then place those cards back on top of the relevant encounter deck. So for example, if the card you're adding is a Settlement encounter, and you're playing a 4 player game, you would take the top four cards from the top of the Settlement encounter deck plus the card you're adding, shuffle those five cards together, then put all five cards back on top of the Settlement encounter deck. Hope that clears things up!

Edited by BatshitGorilla

Thanks for the reply.  My post is kind of gibberish because I was exhausted.  So if I understand you correctly, you are only adding the card called for from the card library and no other card from the card library?  So basically, the idea is to mix the added card into the top 5 of the encounter deck?  That makes a **** of a lot more sense if that’s the case.

2 hours ago, Ziggy0134 said:

Thanks for the reply.  My post is kind of gibberish because I was exhausted.  So if I understand you correctly, you are only adding the card called for from the card library and no other card from the card library?  So basically, the idea is to mix the added card into the top 5 of the encounter deck?  That makes a **** of a lot more sense if that’s the case.

Correct, only the called-for card from the library shuffled in with cards equal to the number of players from the top of the deck you're adding the card from the library to.

Unless I am misunderstanding the set up rules, how does an Add # card work, if the card to add has a vault number on the back?  Are these supposed to be separated to start?  

Thanks!!

Don

Posted (edited)

I think you just create a new vault deck in that case, if it's the first of it's kind and so it might have only one card to begin with? and separate decks for different vaults, right?

Edited by Verderer